anyone used to play on Wireplay ?

Permabanned
Curio and John I used to play Quake 2 on WP, I can remember RipRock, Vorv, etc. I was CoG>Spid0r not many people know me because I was an aliasing lamer lol. :D

Soldato
J0hnb0y, what was your player name in RsF? i'm dubs ;) Thundycat (aka Thundercat) is about here somewhere too.

Gameplay done my head in.. munch and i where getting so many compaints about the quake2 servers, each time we got onto GP they borked them even more.. GP even phoned me up to snitch on someone and got mad at me when i refused! so i got a bit irrational and mostly with the wrong folk :o

so anyone reading who i got moody with at that time, the dude who looked at my flash widget for example.. sorry folks :)

nearly a decade ago :eek:

Soldato
noob said:
Curio and John I used to play Quake 2 on WP, I can remember RipRock, Vorv, etc. I was CoG>Spid0r not many people know me because I was an aliasing lamer lol. :D
I remember both you and Curio ( Widowmaker? ). I hadn't relised other than Hades who hangs out here, that there were so many ex Wireplayers :)

Associate
DEL 707 said:
The name DEL 707 came into existance because of WP, oh so many years ago :p

Used to play Total Annihilation and Jedi Knight in the early days, then moved on to Half-Life and TFC later on, played for the ol' [BLITZ] boys :)

I can remember playing CS with you back on Wireplay :) I joined in the Beta's and you told me about the player ID's appearing through the curtains on cs_747 :p

Brings back ton's of memories!

Associate
Use to play on wireplay, in fact, having just checked, my forum account is still there.

Registered 11-11-1998 :)

Use to play HL & TA as Lacutis, stopped playing when that evil, ,evil game called Everquest came out!

Permabanned
Sabotaj said:
I remember both you and Curio ( Widowmaker? ). I hadn't relised other than Hades who hangs out here, that there were so many ex Wireplayers :)

Yeah remember you mate you was git to duel lol. Do you remember HELL he used to live not far from me? E^Z also lives in Newport.

Associate
Had my first online gaming sessions on Wireplay, but I have fonder memories of my TFC days on BarrysWorld. Even better my fellow players form back then are still playing if I fancy a bit of nostalgia

Associate
I first started out on MPlayer which loaded a fair few games through the AP, then moved onto Heat UK, then onto Wireplay and yes heavy phone bills i got aswell. :) Seriously the good old days... Game was Kingpin that I played, pitty its been dead now for a few year.

Soldato
I loved Wireplay.

Spent a lot of time playing AA, I was [TKFM]Blacknight if anyone remembers me.

Started playing TFC and the CS betas as well but then it all went down the drain.

Panzer

Soldato
noob said:
Yeah remember you mate you was git to duel lol. Do you remember HELL he used to live not far from me? E^Z also lives in Newport.
Yep I remember them both, I still chat and hangout with E^Z in #cog on irc. Not as thriving as a channel as it use to be but still, you get some old faces popping in every now and then :)

Associate
OP
Was there a (JEDI) clan on Air attack ? my mate used to play every hour he could, his name was griffen, apparently he was quite good. Could never get him on TFC.

Soldato
Another old time TFCer here, started before they fixed the dam sniper dot lag, now that was sniping skill when you had to predict the dot movement ! :)

I used to play under my old name, Intimidator (comical I know), then for reasons I don't remember, changed to A-Intim and then finally Beta.

If I remember correctly, started with [HOD], moved to [SK], [Dtm] for a bit, few others inbetween then finally [SLH] down the line. At times I was also a UKTFCL admin / ref I think we were then.

The ones I know of on these forums are PaZ = [ILP] PaZ :) , pretty sure I have seen some old <187> players also.

Good old days! Viva la isdn!

Inbetween playing every known HL mod, CS Betas, Firearms (yes that was funny), HL DM...etc.

Soldato
I used to sneak home at lunch time on school days and rack up huge phone bills playing duke nukem 3d to the horror of my parents when they opened it :)

They were pretty relieved when freephone ISPs were released.

Associate
Ah this takes me back. I used to play TFC, HL Death Match and the classic CS Betas, IIRC 0.53 to 0.65. Used to play under the name [CO]Dimebag, back then it seemed everyone online was in a clan.

Not quite Wireplay, but I now can't get "Welcome to Gamespy" and "Let's get on with the killing" out of my mind :)

Soldato
I can remember playing CS with you back on Wireplay :) I joined in the Beta's and you told me about the player ID's appearing through the curtains on cs_747 :p

Brings back ton's of memories!

Wow, you have a good memory! :eek:
What was your game name back then?

Another game I remember racking up a stupid bill on was MUD 2 (think that was the name). Text based game, I'd love to have another go at that.

Back
Top Bottom