IIyama 40" 4k VA monitor

Associate
I have been to overclockers today and grabbed one to possibly replace my philips 40"

Any questions ask away and i will see if i can help

Stu

Caporegime
Everyone seems mighty worried about this PWM issue, but from what I gather most people don't notice it? I certainly don't on my Philips.

drstuf - errrr...what's it like? Got any pics? Any flicker? What didn't you like about the Philips?

Associate
So far so good.

running 3840x2160 70hz on desktop, it wasnt very smooth playing gta v set to 70hz but fine at 60hz

I did suffer with the pwm on the philips so had to run it at 100% brightness, currently running this at 45% and its not bothered me yet tho i have had limited usage.

No dead things or hairs in the screen, i had to return 3 of the philips before getting one that was acceptable.

The factory stand seems better on the iiyama.

SeheKPVY.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
So far so good.

running 3840x2160 70hz on desktop, it wasnt very smooth playing gta v set to 70hz but fine at 60hz

I did suffer with the pwm on the philips so had to run it at 100% brightness, currently running this at 45% and its not bothered me yet tho i have had limited usage.

No dead things or hairs in the screen, i had to return 3 of the philips before getting one that was acceptable.

The factory stand seems better on the iiyama.

Could you tell me how good this is for media, TV Shows and movies, Does it run 60hz over HDMI?

Associate
Could you tell me how good this is for media, TV Shows and movies, Does it run 60hz over HDMI?

It defo does 3840 x 2160 60hz with the included hdmi cable, you have to change a setting in the monitor osd as by default its only 30hz its the same with the display port setting.

Dont use the pc for tv shows or movies just internet and gaming but no real difference from the philips as they are the same panel

Last edited:
Associate
It defo does 3840 x 2160 60hz with the included hdmi cable, you have to change a setting in the monitor osd as by default its only 30hz its the same with the display port setting.

Dont use the pc for tv shows or movies just internet and gaming but no real difference from the philips as they are the same panel

Alright thanks, I saw on one of you're pictures there is that a remote that came with the monitor?

I would like to run a Amazon Fire TV box (4k) on it, Any idea if the HDMI ports have HDCP 2.2 that's needed for it.

Last edited:
Associate
How would you compare the default calibration compared to the Philips?

How would you compare the build quality?

Hard to comment on calibiration as i wouldnt know what i was looking for but it looks a bit more colourful if that helps any.

Defo feels better built, its nice having easy access to the controls plus the remote is a bonus. Its heavier than the philips without the factory stand installed as i had to adjust my neo-flex quite a bit to stop it dropping.

So far i have had no syncing issues when waking it from standby and it hasnt dropped to 30hz yet either.

The connection layout is better on the iiyama

Associate
Just ordered mine so will hopefully arrive Tuesday.

Drstuf - you mentioned you mounted it with an Ergotron mount. I have my current 27" monitor mounted with one but it only goes up to VESA 100x100 and 9Kg. According to Iiyama this needs a 200x400 mount and is just over 12Kg. I like my current mount so would be looking to get another - which model did you get?

Back
Top Bottom