*** Destiny Raid & PvP discussion thread ***

Soldato
I can't get over how glitchy the oryx fight is, especially on hard mode. Just had a game where I detonated my orb, got back into the shield, and then died. I wasn't even near the edge of the shield, I was well inside. But nope, the game decided to kill me for no reason.

I have also had so many games where we've detonated all four orbs, with all four "X has detonated an orb" messages coming up, and yet oryx only takes 2 or 3 orbs worth of damage.

That oryx fight has so many mechanics, so many balls to juggle, and if the player makes a mistake, it's a wipe. Okay, fine, but that's not acceptable when it's the game itself making the mistakes, when the players are playing perfectly, but the game decides LOL NOPE.

Soldato
Saturday 8:30pm NM/HM Warpriest too help Drunzer's mate. I think if we have 5 solid players and we can get your mate too 300~ we should be able to down Warpriest.

1) Moe
2) Drunzer
3) Corey
4) Gingerlord (Think thats his name or something ginger)
5) Got a friend.
6) Maybe another.

Associate
So had a little break from Destiny over past couple of weeks, anyone fancy helping me out finishing off NM raid or running through it again? Could do with a sisters CP or a fresh run.

Can pretty much be on any night this week, missus owes me a night for having to pick her up twice this from nights out :)

Soldato
so trying to do the KF NM raid with 4 hunters a titan (with no bubbles) and a warlock is a bit of a pain in the behind.

First time running my alt hunter through the raid and although I found most of it fairly straight forward. Sorry Yimpy for not getting it finished while you were playing. (finally managed to get it completed after a few more glitches and a hand from hairyhen and funkystrawberry - on the last last time we are doing this :D)

This raid feels like it really does need those 2 defender titans as a minimum otherwise squishy hunters struggle with handling ogres with no weapons or blessing buffs.

I did find the relic jumping a little easier as the hunter than the titan but not by much. I was certainly able to meet the vessel on a number of occasions before he had popped out of the tomb ship or just as he had entered the playing field. Although those ogres did seem to be spawning rather fast compared to normal (has bungie tweaked the timing?)

Oh well waiting for the golgorath challenge and then it's time to get some more lovely 320 loot :D

Soldato
Did the WP challenge on NM last night and got a 310 sniper and relic out of it :). Would be great to get in on the OcUK raiding at some point. 298 light now.

What's the view on the best non-raid activity for gearing? Other than specific events like being able to get Black Spindle etc. I get my exotic sword materials this Wednesday so then I only need to do the final quest!

Soldato
Did the WP challenge on NM last night and got a 310 sniper and relic out of it :). Would be great to get in on the OcUK raiding at some point. 298 light now.

What's the view on the best non-raid activity for gearing? Other than specific events like being able to get Black Spindle etc. I get my exotic sword materials this Wednesday so then I only need to do the final quest!

PVP stuff, I've gained a lot from doing Iron Banner (Got a 316helm, 310 relic), and trials where I've gotten 310 exotics (2 this week), 310-320 weapons when you go flawless, generally 300-310 drops just for getting 5/10 wins and 310-320 exotics from the bounties (Not gotten once before, but the bounties are easy and at times drop 300-310 armour).

But raiding would be best, Drunzer/Corey are running a friend through soon enough, if your on PS4 I'm sure they wouldn't mind picking you up too, their friend was 295 too. I can drop them a message and see if where doing anything today.

Associate
This raid feels like it really does need those 2 defender titans as a minimum otherwise squishy hunters struggle with handling ogres with no weapons or blessing buffs.

I disagree here. Sure, ToM is readily available now and HM has proven out an efficient strategy. So running a bubble team up top with blessings makes for nice quick ogres.

But when NM first came out though, we just had 2 players + 1 float on each ogre, they still go down quickly with that many snipers, regardless of class.

It might make things a bit safer, but I don't think 2 titans are a minimum. Besides the master race has a bow or GG if need be :D

/salt.

Back on track, anyone for HM runs + challenge this week?

Middgen?
Turbo?
Moe?
Zoomee?
Drunzer?
OweO?
Greboth?

Soldato
Yeah I'm down. and I did a run over the weekend where the floater dropped and it took a few hits to take them down now, maybe 2 headshot snipes and some ToM and it was down.

Also pleased too know I have joined the HM shared group now :D.

Soldato
PVP stuff, I've gained a lot from doing Iron Banner (Got a 316helm, 310 relic), and trials where I've gotten 310 exotics (2 this week), 310-320 weapons when you go flawless, generally 300-310 drops just for getting 5/10 wins and 310-320 exotics from the bounties (Not gotten once before, but the bounties are easy and at times drop 300-310 armour).

But raiding would be best, Drunzer/Corey are running a friend through soon enough, if your on PS4 I'm sure they wouldn't mind picking you up too, their friend was 295 too. I can drop them a message and see if where doing anything today.

Sounds awesome,thanks!

Associate
Cool beans

8:30 HM Kings Fall avec Challenge - Wednesday 9th

1) TL_Venom
2) PDP3399
3) Zoomee
4) Moebot
5) Middgen? I think is back weds
6) Turbo?

Back
Top Bottom