US: The Expanse - ** Please use spoiler tags for reveals with TV show or books**

Associate
This is what I don't get. SyFY UK haven't even announced a UK air date yet? Don't they realise that this usually means the very people that will watch this, the tech savvy Sci-fi fans will just get it by other means?

Exactly, only reason I can think is they don't have enough faith in it yet for the cost of airing the show, of maybe their hoping to sell to Sky or someone else who'll pay a better license than their sister channel.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Somebody explain what I'm missing.
I watched the 1st and it was boring so after a few posters saying how good it is I gave ep 2 a go but it was still rubbish.
I don't want to miss out.

Not alone, as a BSG fan and massive sci-fi fan, not feeling The Expanse at all.

This is my fear, if you don't know the story then you won't know where it's going to go, us that know the story are probably only sticking with it as we know what's going to happen, it needs to keep its viewers otherwise it will get canned, especially with all the CGI they will have to use soon ;).

Holden is also not how my mind pictured him, to be honest most of the characters and sets are not what my imagination imagined but I guess that's a very individual thing.

Yup exactly what goes through my mind, maybe I have to re-watch it from episode 1 and really concentrate or read the books but I do not like how the show is going back and forth though planets, solar systems, ships then crews on another ship, and then several other characters am guessing they somehow all gel and work together or inter-connect later on but even being up to date, I am lost.

Either that or I have got too familiar with the old genre with simple sci-fi shows which involve one crew, one ship and followed by explosions, and yes loved kill joys but felt dark matter was better.

Associate
My reaction to episode 8

a9pcY2d.jpg

hahaha

I've never read the books and things are coming together nicely. I mentioned on the 1st page Joe Miller's (Detective) story drags early on but it builds Julie Mao's story so it's needed.

It's obviously building up to something big.

Soldato
Yes, I thought things were hotting up two episodes ago but the latest has taken things to another level. Can't wait to see the next episode!

Soldato
I'm enjoying it quite a lot but am rather lost. mainly due to the fact that i was a wee bit drunk when watching the last 2-3 episodes as i'm want to do. any extremely brief but mild recaps.

as far as i can remember / work out is that some one might be trying to start a war between earth and mars ?

Soldato
I too love scifi spacey stuff but I'm not feeling the show one bit. I'm carrying on watching regardless though. Can someone explain in spoilers roughly what is going on? I'm not feeling any of the characters bar the cop chap.

Associate
That episode was better now it's getting to the nitty gritty part of the story, also felt familier due to it resembling what I remember of the book which I don't believe the previous ones did.

Soldato
Just watched the Finale, really really enjoyed it! I just hope they continue to produce more seasons, oh and international marketing for the series please? Anyone? Hello?

Back
Top Bottom