• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

No Pre Order or Official UK Price on the GTX 1080

Associate
From what I've read on various forums etc everyone's pointing towards Q1 2017, how true that is I dont know but I'd say it sounds about right.

At that point I will either sell up on my 1080 and upgrade or buy another 1080 for SLI.

I hate technology sometimes, if I'm going to end up spending £700 I don't want it to be better'd within a year! Lol wrong hobby to be worrying about that I suppose.

I think I will stick with the 1080 and not wait for the Ti but I will have to wait for some deals to come out. Although the SLI is a very good shout.

Associate
yeah ocuk staff don't see it the same way as we do... they just know there are idiots that will buy their stock dry without a second thought

Soldato
Because its a really good idea for me to go from GTX780SLI to a 980Ti right now as the new 16nm cards are launched? I've been on 28nm for 3+ years, I'm not buying another one.

I am glad you are happy with your 980ti, but personally I want to see refresh rates over 100fps.

Refresh rates are over 100...my 980Ti is smashing Battlefield 4 at 143fps thanks to the use of G-sync - never seen it drop!

Soldato
I thought I was a special kind of idiot when I bought my TX but I knew I was getting the top card of that series.

You have to be a very special kind of idiot to spend north of £600 on a mid series reference card.

Don't mention this in the Pascal thread. If you do, you will be told that this is a high end card and that because it's a high end card it's price is justified.

And then they will compare the price to previous high end cards like the 8800GTX ultra add inflation and say "look, see the price for top of the range card has always been high"

Of course, We both know that this is a mid range card. It's the GP104 chip, not the high end GP100.

And if you insist on claiming that it's a mid range card you will probably be labelled an AMD fanboy and get yelled at for derailing the thread.

I just think it's mind boggling how anyone can defend these prices.

Associate
...And in two years time, exactly the same conversations will be going on, while people buy whatever they want and have buttery smooth frame rates (and with even less power this time around and some pretty nice technology enhacements)

Soldato
...And in two years time, exactly the same conversations will be going on, while people buy whatever they want and have buttery smooth frame rates (and with even less power this time around and some pretty nice technology enhacements)

Except we already have buttery smooth frame rates at 1080p and this card won't give buttery smooth frames at 4K. So what exactly does this card offer?

Back
Top Bottom