Poll: The Official OcUK EU Referendum Exit poll (and results discussion thread)

How did you vote in the EU Referendum?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 861 53.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 763 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Suspended
I'd love to see a study on age and propensity for xenophobic/racist views.

I have a strong suspicion it'll have played a more than minor role in the voting...

I can't speak for my age group, but immigration had zero influence on my voting choice. I've seen a similar trend on FB and I don't understand why the Remain crowd automatically assume that Leave votes were about immigration?!

Undoubtedly some were, but not all.

Soldato
All the remainers just can't understand things not going their way, and the frustration theyre feeling now is completely new to them. This is because the country has been decided for them and towards their values for so long, but they aren't the only people in the country and lots of people out there have been angry at the direction of the country for a really long time and they used this as an opportunity to say so.

So the remainers are thinking 'wtf just happened' because they were clueless that people different to them even existed or they pretended they were just hateful xenophobic hateful people like Nigel and the answer to them is just organise a few anti-racism protests and call them racist.

Associate
Annual_U.K._GDP_Growth%2C_1948_to_2012.png

It took a nose dive immediately after joining the EU and has been in an almost constant state of recession and borrowing ever since.

Wait, doesn't that show that the GDP had annual growth every year whilst in the EU, apart from a handful of years, with the big dip in 2009 being the global crash? Or am I reading it wrong.

Soldato
All the remainers just can't understand things not going their way, and the frustration theyre feeling now is completely new to them. This is because the country has been decided for them and towards their values for so long, but they aren't the only people in the country and lots of people out there have been angry at the direction of the country for a really long time and they used this as an opportunity to say so.

So the remainers are thinking 'wtf just happened' because they were clueless that people different to them even existed or they pretended they were just hateful xenophobic hateful people like Nigel and the answer to them is just organise a few anti-racism protests and call them racist.

100%.

They don't like it up 'em!

Permabanned
I do wonder, if things become difficult, could we end up part of the European Free Trade Association?

I know the bigwigs at the EU are saying out is out and we've had it (an attitude I dislike immensely), but the reality is they need us as much as we need them.

They just need us to buy their goods, but they do not need to buy our goods.

Soldato
Stop talking rubbish.

so you think the French authorities will actually try and stop them from coming to the UK now ?

I wouldn't be suprised if in some dark corridor of the EU building that someone hasn't already sent out some instructions to the French border guards to start taking "extended lunch breaks" .

parts of Kent are going to look like a frigging war zone over the next 18 months

Soldato
Yup. I don't see them going independent anytime soon.

In fact, when emotions settle down, and negotiations with the EU begin, the SNP might find themselves losing popularity in Scotland as people decide they don't want another referendum after all. Especially so if Labour can make a resurgence under a non-London based leader.

Anti-Labour feeling is deeper than any 'London based Leader'. It is due to their remote control from Westminster. As one of their previous leaders said 'I am only a Branch manager'. The new Leader has said that nothing will change.

Caporegime

I think it is people like you who are clueless what this means.

Every economic forecast saying this is bad. It is like a cardiovascular surgeon tells you smoking is bad for you and you do it anyway. Then you run the risk of cancer or a life of looking cool like Steve McQueen.

What's more likely to happen? Getting cancer or looking like the cooler King?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom