I have been suspended from work today.

Soldato
Reading this thread and how the guy's been treated just shows what a sickeningly self absorbed, narcissistic wimpish society we've become.

Constantly having to tread on eggshells for fear of saying the wrong thing and offending idiots with self esteem issues because they've been brought up as self indulged little brats.

I swear this country is doomed if it ever faces another Nazi type threat.

Soldato
OP
Well according to my wife, the person she handed my resignation letter to (Personnel clerk) was being rather abrupt with her yesterday. Ignoring her, not saying much and when she did it was with a face on and one word answers etc. very out of character. The clerk was fine before wife handed the letter. Later that day the clerk came up to her and hugged my wife and apologised for being a ****. She said she should not have taken it out on my wife.

The only thing we can think off is she was mentioned in my resignation letter. She was interviewed for a statement, not mentioned once in the video or anything like that. The statement was pointless to the investigation as all she said was that she saw it and described a few parts of it. I never once denied I uploaded the video so her statement was irrelevant.

Anyway, apparently the senior management are a bit rattled by the resignation letter as if it went further I was advised to (dependent on out come) file for sex discrimination. I have evidence to back up my claim and my adviser told me the whole investigation was biased and one sided.

When you see the statements from the investigation and other bits of evidence and my letters, which were not used now :( you would see why. The whole thing from my first meeting was handled very poor.

All my correspondence and what to say and do was under advice from a very successful HR Adviser who has far more experience than the people handling my crock or ****.

When I took redundancy July 2015, 3 normal department managers took the step up to Duty manager. Two of which (one was on nights) handled my disciplinary. The HR manager has only been doing it for 4 years iirc, after being Cafe manager. So very little experience between them and my adviser told me this investigation is basically a case of learning from your mistakes.

My grievance is going ahead still about senior management discussing it in public.

Man of Honour
Sounds like a great outcome :)

Shouldn't have happened in the first place though. Similar thing happened with me and while it didn't quite make it to a disciplinary the whole thing should never have even been a talking point in the first place.

We live in an absolutely pathetic society.

Soldato
Well according to my wife, the person she handed my resignation letter to (Personnel clerk) was being rather abrupt with her yesterday. Ignoring her, not saying much and when she did it was with a face on and one word answers etc. very out of character. The clerk was fine before wife handed the letter. Later that day the clerk came up to her and hugged my wife and apologised for being a ****. She said she should not have taken it out on my wife.

The only thing we can think off is she was mentioned in my resignation letter. She was interviewed for a statement, not mentioned once in the video or anything like that. The statement was pointless to the investigation as all she said was that she saw it and described a few parts of it. I never once denied I uploaded the video so her statement was irrelevant.

Anyway, apparently the senior management are a bit rattled by the resignation letter as if it went further I was advised to (dependent on out come) file for sex discrimination. I have evidence to back up my claim and my adviser told me the whole investigation was biased and one sided.

When you see the statements from the investigation and other bits of evidence and my letters, which were not used now :( you would see why. The whole thing from my first meeting was handled very poor.

All my correspondence and what to say and do was under advice from a very successful HR Adviser who has far more experience than the people handling my crock or ****.

When I took redundancy July 2015, 3 normal department managers took the step up to Duty manager. Two of which (one was on nights) handled my disciplinary. The HR manager has only been doing it for 4 years iirc, after being Cafe manager. So very little experience between them and my adviser told me this investigation is basically a case of learning from your mistakes.

My grievance is going ahead still about senior management discussing it in public.

I'm sorry but I can't help but feel like you are playing the victim here.

You have a new job. You have resigned. It wasn't ideal what happened but get over it and enjoy your new role. You are not negatively impacted in the long term so move on.

Soldato
OP
I can see where you're coming from but assure I am not trying to play the victim. I am over it, to be honest I was over it once I got in touch with my adviser. The problem is, my wife. She is getting stressed over the whole thing. People coming up to her asking about me, it etc it's got nothing to do with her, yeah we are married but thats it. At work we have nothing to do with each other.

She wants out of there to after all this. She is going to the doctors tomorrow to see what they can do for her. She does have some underlining issues which I will not discuss here but this thing over the last two weeks has dramatically made things worse for her.

I guess you could say she is the innocent victim in all this. People staring at her, talking about her (which we know is true) all stemming from my investigation/disciplinary. She breaks down in tears because of this whilst at work. It's not a nice situation to be in and that place currently is not the best place to be for most people.

Associate
I can see where you're coming from but assure I am not trying to play the victim. I am over it, to be honest I was over it once I got in touch with my adviser. The problem is, my wife. She is getting stressed over the whole thing. People coming up to her asking about me, it etc it's got nothing to do with her, yeah we are married but thats it. At work we have nothing to do with each other.

She wants out of there to after all this. She is going to the doctors tomorrow to see what they can do for her. She does have some underlining issues which I will not discuss here but this thing over the last two weeks has dramatically made things worse for her.

I guess you could say she is the innocent victim in all this. People staring at her, talking about her (which we know is true) all stemming from my investigation/disciplinary. She breaks down in tears because of this whilst at work. It's not a nice situation to be in and that place currently is not the best place to be for most people.
to be blunt, if your wife is that fragile you really should have known better than to post that sort of video at her work place. it wasn't exactly a surprise that a micky take such as that could get out of hand. and if I am reading your reply's correctly you are still getting the way it was handled looked at-just how will that help your wife. sorry but this smacks of someone trying to get money/compo to me

Man of Honour

This sounds a little more than an Hitler themed video or people are turning weirder as the years go by.
I can't see why people would be staring at her and talking behind her back just because of a harmless video UNLESS, through the rumour mill, the video has changed into something a lot more.

Soldato
This sounds a little more than an Hitler themed video or people are turning weirder as the years go by.
I can't see why people would be staring at her and talking behind her back just because of a harmless video UNLESS, through the rumour mill, the video has changed into something a lot more.

Or unless the OP still didn't tell the whole story, not forgetting this thread started as having 'no idea' what he may have done wrong, it's entirely possible other nonsense has occurred which he deems unrelated or irrelevant, despite being a deeply entwined part of the problem :p

Soldato

As somebody else has said, you should have considered that before acting the goat at work.

People will always ask your wife, that's life. You can't honestly expect every single person to ignore the fact that your wife probably holds the answer to whatever they are asking.

Caporegime

You exposed her to this by acting like a fool at work, and you now have to bear the responsibility for that.

And unless I missed something... why the chuff did you have your wife had in your resignation letter? :confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
You exposed her to this by acting like a fool at work, and you now have to bear the responsibility for that.

And unless I missed something... why the chuff did you have your wife had in your resignation letter? :confused:

I'm guessing he wasn't allowed to enter the work premises due to the suspension?

Must admit, its not something I would have done though, I'd have posted it rather than get the Mrs invovled.

Soldato
So life is good and looking for a challenge in my new role. Out of retail and into hospitality. Hard, fast paced career. Can't wait. Plenty of opportunities to progress and she thinks I can do so quite fast. Starting at the bottom working my way up. Only way to get to know the business properly.

I really do hope you chose to work at a pub which is part of a much bigger chain (Wetherspoons for example), my uncle and his mrs own a pub in Derby and I can honestly say you wouldn't be getting a hard, fast paced career out of that place, neither would you be working your way to the top.

I'm glad you're happy but don't be surprised in 5 years time and you're still pulling pints.

V F

V F

Soldato
Reading this thread and how the guy's been treated just shows what a sickeningly self absorbed, narcissistic wimpish society we've become.

Constantly having to tread on eggshells for fear of saying the wrong thing and offending idiots with self esteem issues because they've been brought up as self indulged little brats.

I swear this country is doomed if it ever faces another Nazi type threat.

What do you think it has caused it to become this way?

Back
Top Bottom