• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Soldato
Think I'm going to retire the SLI 780's at long last. This should be enough of a performance bump, and it'll be nice to have the VRAM to run stuff at 4k.

Caporegime
I'm stepping into my freezer, Wake me in 4 days ! :p

haha not a bad idea but me being me, I would just end up eating the contents and getting even fatter :D

lol. Too funny :p

Come on man, we all change our minds at some point and I am the worlds worst for it. I said a few times I was holding off for Volta :)

It's hilarious watching peoples minds change over the course of a release :D

nVidia be bending them spoons

There is no spoon!

Soldato
haha not a bad idea but me being me, I would just end up eating the contents and getting even fatter :D

Come on man, we all change our minds at some point and I am the worlds worst for it. I said a few times I was holding off for Volta :)

There is no spoon!

Thanks Greg, the forums are full of them. I'll buy whatever, I don't need anyone's approval.

Soldato
Conversation with my mrs at the beginning of January went like this "i'm not going to upgrade pc this year, going to wait for worthwhile improvements, it's pointless right now it's hardly an upgrade"

Mid Jan "i'll just do the cpu/mobo and ram, I can sell my stuff, wont be much of an outlay but thats it"

March "ooo ti looks decent, just this last bit"

Caporegime
NVIDIA Geforce ‘GTX 1080 Ti’ 3DMark benchmarks showcase a massive ~30% boost over the 1080 OC for 4K AAA levels of gaming performance

NVIDIA-GTX-1080-Ti-Fire-Strike-Extreme-OC-840x462.jpg

http://wccftech.com/geforce-gtx-1080-ti-oc-benchmarks/

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
To be fair Gregster, this was not the usual case. If I could be asked I bet I could find at least 10 posts of him going out of his way to say he did not want the 1080Ti, he did not see the point in upgrading, does not need the extra power, he will wait until Volta etc etc. This was not the usual case of just changed his mind. Either way, not like I said much, was just amusing. Nothing harmful in that :p

Thanks Greg, the forums are full of them. I'll buy whatever, I don't need anyone's approval.
Oh gawd... Look him getting all defensive for nothing. I did not even say anything!! Where did I say or insinuate you needed my approval??? Geez. Lighten up! :p;)

Soldato
Any of the custom cooled cards will be a vast noise improvement over the ref cards. MSI, Gigabyte, EVGA coolers are decent as are the many other AIB's cards.

I had a look at the 1080 review round-ups, the least noisey from the 1080 generation were (in order)

1.Palit Gamerock Premium - 34.4db
2.MSI Gaming X - 34.7db
3.Zotac Amp Extreme - 35.1db

1080 Flounders Edition - 41.4db.

Back
Top Bottom