• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Caporegime
soo.. the titan xp still the fastest card?

I mean its easy to claim another card is faster when you overclock it out the box but the titan xp is stock.. unless they have superior components to allow for even more overclocks maybe it is.. but I dont see the 1080ti getting 12000 Gbps? or maybe im going to be surprised :D

They can claim its the fastest card as out of the box it has the fastest clocks as it has superior cooling. In fact without watercooling the Titanxp, I expect the 1080ti will hit higher overclocks than the TitanXP and hence will still be faster.

Boost works really strange on Pascal and my max boost drops at 30c, 40c 50c etc. With my watercooling setup I can keep it below 30C and max the card out at over 2.1Ghz but if i let the card run hot I can easily let it drop to 2Ghz.

Soldato
Older cards are not suddenly obsolete, it will last for years but of course it will be replaced as the top end within 6-12 months.

What's your point? It's always been this way with graphics cards, even more so now as we try to power 4k and VR at higher and higher fps.

Associate
Historically which vendors have had the least noisy cards? Have a reference 980ti and it's pretty distracting under full load. Noise is my main consideration this time around with the 1080ti.

Caporegime
Historically which vendors have had the least noisy cards? Have a reference 980ti and it's pretty distracting under full load. Noise is my main consideration this time around with the 1080ti.
Any of the custom cooled cards will be a vast noise improvement over the ref cards. MSI, Gigabyte, EVGA coolers are decent as are the many other AIB's cards.

Associate
Historically which vendors have had the least noisy cards?

Some notable extremely quiet 1080s:

Palit Gamerock, Jetstream and Gainward Phoenix (practically inaudible at load in a normal pc environment).

MSI Gaming X/Z. MSI Armor.

If these brands carry over the same cooling technology to the 1080Ti cards then expect the above cards to be among the most quiet 1080Tis at load.

I would suggest you keep an eye out for custom cards which have large 100mm fans which spin very low at load if quietness is a priority for you.

Caporegime

Pallit made one of the quietest 980Ti and 1080 so would expect their 1080ti to rock as well. Downside is it is a card that takes up 3 slots.

Man of Honour
I think Palit only have a 2 year warranty too which is a little small for such an expensive item. When spending £600+ I'd like to know it'll last at least 3 years.

Something to keep in mind, but not everyone plans to keep the card for the full duration.

Caporegime
I think Palit only have a 2 year warranty too which is a little small for such an expensive item. When spending £600+ I'd like to know it'll last at least 3 years.

Something to keep in mind, but not everyone plans to keep the card for the full duration.

Yeah it is the biggest downside which is a shame as they put the big players like EVGA and Asus to shame in their board and cooler design. On the plus side you normally pay £100 less than the equivalent EVGA and Asus card and they are quieter.

If 980ti and 1080 are to go buy then the quietest card with the best warranty will probably be Zotac - 5 years

Back
Top Bottom