• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Owners Thread ***

Associate
It''s not the best image in the world but anyone looking for temp results for oveclocked 1800x under water.

14j52yc.jpg

CPU OC 4Ghz (all cores)
Voltage 1.5 (having some strange readings with voltage at the moment that i am trying to smooth out).
Custom loop using 2x 240 dual rads.
cpu temps 60c after playing bf1 for an hour dx12
resolution 4k
SMT is enabled
ambient temp around 23c
loop temp 26 to 28c

I have managed to get it up to just under 4.2GHz and seemed stable during a good few hours worth of gaming. Real bench it didn't like the rendering side of the bench and fell over.
Temps hardly went up compared to the 4GHz gaming situation.

What I find interesting is the 1800x, whilst chilling on the desk top, runs at about 55c @ 3.7Ghz with windows set to performance power. I actually started to think my water block wasn't on correctly but on seeing the gaming and bench temps the cpu hardly goes up in temps under water.

Last edited:
Soldato
My 1700 seems to struggle at 3.9 :/ maybe the board I'm using b350 tomahawk but i know others here have had success.
at 3.8 1.29 is stable but 3.9 has had me go up to 1.375 and is still not stable, not sure I want to push it anymore. Not until my bracket arrives. Stock cooler not doing a bad job though, kept it under 70 degress even whilst doing 5 consecutive runs of cinebench.

Man of Honour
OP
My 1700 seems to struggle at 3.9 :/ maybe the board I'm using b350 tomahawk but i know others here have had success.
at 3.8 1.29 is stable but 3.9 has had me go up to 1.375 and is still not stable, not sure I want to push it anymore. Not until my bracket arrives. Stock cooler not doing a bad job though, kept it under 70 degress even whilst doing 5 consecutive runs of cinebench.

Looks like you've just got a poor clocker.

So far the theory of the binning processing being almost entirely down to leakage is true. 1700s are hitting a wall at around 3.9-4ghz where they stop scaling with volts whereas the 1800x and having an easier time getting there

Permabanned
3.8 is excellent do you really need 3.9?

Permabanned
Looks like you've just got a poor clocker.

So far the theory of the binning processing being almost entirely down to leakage is true. 1700s are hitting a wall at around 3.9-4ghz where they stop scaling with volts whereas the 1800x and having an easier time getting there
With better cooling I think I would get to 4.3 with my 1800x.....

Associate
With better cooling I think I would get to 4.3 with my 1800x.....

I reckon under water it could be done. Im just not trusting the crosshair with voltages at the moment, its mainly the crosshair monitoring software that does some very strange things.

Still yet to sit down with it for a long period of time and set ideal settings though. Might get the chance this weekend.

Associate
No not at all, the OCD in me wanted 4.0 lol. 3.8 is fine, I'm going to run stress tests for the next few hours.
Is it wrong that I really like the look of the stock cooler? It might just be the child in me but when my corsair bracket arrives I think Im going to miss it.

Nope i am also OCD about all things RGB that glow :)

Associate
Its helpful for the community...

I'm not going to run those tests...As they are meaningless....

And better and smoother is Subjective

So your point is MOOT

It's not MOOT at all. Even just general use of my machine with Ryzen and even gaming feels much smoother than my 5820k. You don't need numbers to see/feel that.

Associate
I know what you mean, although im comparing mine to my old cpu which was a 3930k @4.2Ghz

It's hard to explain, the raw power of these things is insane. To the point at 3.6-3.7Ghz they destroy Intel 6950X 10C20C.

It really filters through the whole experience.

Associate
When running at 4.2 i needed 1.37 so at 4.3 I think I would need anywhere between 1.37-1.45:

Untitled2_zpsb2xwgvjq.jpg

cpuz_zpsmhl0fxvn.jpg
cine_zpsvx7zsdbd.jpg

I think you had a typo, you mean 4.075?

If you can get that to pass 10 H264 realbench runs then you have a winner of a chip!

Back
Top Bottom