The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Soldato
Any particular reason?

It's a massive step backwards interface-wise compared with the previous clients. They decided to redo the fat OSX/Windows client to make it more like the interface that they wanted for their apps on other platforms. What is left is something which does not handle complex configurations, multiple libraries, lots of series, series with many episodes nearly as well and also has it's options dumbed down so you can't do things which you could before.

Don't get me wrong, I like Plex and have been running it since it was purely an OSX app, pre even a web interface for the server, but the new client sucks. Personally I am using OpenPHT which works fine and because it is based on an updated version of the old client so still has the old interface. Worryingly the latest web interface update, whilst possibly good if you are just using it as a client, makes it harder to actually manage media on the server.

Caporegime
Anything new along the vein of Psycho Pass, Steins:Gate or Death Note?

I've watched a few things recently that have been ok (mainly humour ones) like My Hero Academia, Kiznaiver, and One Punch Man, but nothing as gripping and as interesting as older ones I mentioned.

Or anything like Akame Ga Kill (easily my favourite fantasy setting anime)?

Commissario
OP
Steins;Gate has several related series, Robotics;notes, chaos;head and I think there is another :)
All slightly different but by the same team from memory.

You might like Durarara! if you haven't seen it, it's got elements of the supernatural and is rather good.

I've been watching one of the late 90's/early 00's classics, namely Escaflowne (series and film), and quite enjoyed them, they're as good as I remembered (I think my tastes have changed a bit), but still enjoyable and the music is better than I remembered.
I'm going to start my Full Metal Panic rewatch tonight or tomorrow, it's been years since I saw it but the clips from Fumoffu still make me laugh, and I really want to watch The Second Raid again (I've only seen it once, separate from the other two series).

Last edited:
Associate
Anything new along the vein of Psycho Pass, Steins:Gate or Death Note?

I've watched a few things recently that have been ok (mainly humour ones) like My Hero Academia, Kiznaiver, and One Punch Man, but nothing as gripping and as interesting as older ones I mentioned.

Or anything like Akame Ga Kill (easily my favourite fantasy setting anime)?
Erased, maybe Mob Psycho, but definitely Erased.

Soldato
Do you think we will ever see a proper full series of devilman and i mean the good version based off of the 2 great ova's back around the early 90s or late 80s. I have seen devil lady and thought it was good but id much rather seen the duo back in similar art style as ova's with same english dub cast back for main characters.just in a 12-24 episode variety. a lot of anime these days dont have that edge of violence and swearing that they used to do back in the day. Its very tame and the animation is too clean if u know what i mean for these days anime compar3d to stuff back then. Recently watched devilman vs cyborg 006 or somit and devilman isnt crazy enough and the voice sucks and he looks all green and horridly drawn compared to proper devilman. Damn shame they messed up on that. Plus the demons sucked so much in design and hardcoreness compared to the old ovas it is worth crying over.

It's unlikely. There is a 3rd OVA ep made in 2000 Amon: The Darkside of the Devilman or The Apocalypse of the Devilman that is reasonably close to the first 2. And certainly high on violence.
Don't think it was dubbed. A lot of the swearing was added in the English dub.

Well Bugger me, http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...irects-new-devilman-anime-for-netflix/.113478

A new anime based on Go Nagai's Devilman manga will premiere as a Netflix Original Series in early spring of 2018. The anime, titled Devilman crybaby, will be available in 190 countries or territories, with nine spoken languages and 25 subtitle languages.

I'll shut up now. :D

Soldato
Great news on devilman, I prey its more like OVAs than any other incarnation of it. From trailer when he is shown I'm a little wary as he looks huge and thin for some reason instead of just a normal human size with a different head like he was portrayed in the OVAs I liked. I'm being very picky I know. I did like the style of the trailer with the slow blood splatter bits leading up to the end.

Associate
well for you ghost in the shell: standalone complex fans I saw that the "US" is getting a blu-ray released of both 1st and 2nd gig sometime this year. so it possible maybe end of this year or at some point next year we will get a blu-ray release of 1st gig and 2nd gig.

Caporegime
Also saw A Silent Voice.

I'm no great fan of 'slice-of-life' anime, and went in to this with no idea what it was about (hoping for another Your Name), but I actually enjoyed it in the end.

Subject matter caught me off guard, and the slow start had me on the fence, but there were some heavy emotional moments, and some sparse but good laughs, so overall it ended with me being content (can't say happy as it was pretty brutal at times).

7/10

Commissario
OP
It would be great if we do.
Assuming the quality is ok :)

It's a series that I would triple/quad dip on*, even though I've got the US and UK DVD's.
I would love to see an Alltheanime style set with both TV series, the related films, OST's and possibly a nice artbook or something :D

*I bought the US LE's, then the UK LE's and won the UK standard edition colletions:) (I gave my brother one complete run of it).

Associate
well for you ghost in the shell: standalone complex fans I saw that the "US" is getting a blu-ray released of both 1st and 2nd gig sometime this year. so it possible maybe end of this year or at some point next year we will get a blu-ray release of 1st gig and 2nd gig.
All we have to do is hope that manga sticks to their word and doesn't use the atrocious mess called masters from anchor bay as they didn't even bother putting using the existing subtitles and instead just dubtitled everything along with the audio errors that have been cropping up on the English language track.

I was planning on getting the US release, but after I heard about the mess the release was I dropped those plans and dug out my UK version DVDs to watch and they still hold up when upscaled.

Back
Top Bottom