The OcUK Relationship Counselling and Hugs Thread

Soldato
My current relationship of 2 years, and previous of 5 were both from online dating, anything's possible.

My last 4 relationships were from online dating and I married that last one. I was useless at face to face chat ups but excelled at online dating.

Couldn't be happier with the relationship I have now.

Soldato
Question probably best suited to any females on here -
Why do (or would) women chat on dating sites, give you their number, chat on the phone send pictures etc. but then when asked if they want to meet for a date go quiet?
Two of mine recently have been chatting and flirting but when asked about a date have gone silent. I don't think im being catfished (but could be)
One i met and there was no soark at all so neither of us text each other back (fair enough i suppose)
I do have a date tomorrow night though so will see if this one shows. At least i havent been stood up yet when im about to meet someone!

Caporegime
Why do (or would) women chat on dating sites, give you their number, chat on the phone send pictures etc. but then when asked if they want to meet for a date go quiet?
Two of mine recently have been chatting and flirting but when asked about a date have gone silent. I don't think im being catfished (but could be)
One i met and there was no soark at all so neither of us text each other back (fair enough i suppose)
I do have a date tomorrow night though so will see if this one shows. At least i havent been stood up yet when im about to meet someone!

Possible that they aren't actually single either, and are just on the sites for the kicks.

Man of Honour

Same reason plenty of men do it for the attention and wanting to feel wanted.

Soldato

Experiencing a similar thing here. Chatting all fine and dandy but shes gone a lot quieter the closer its got to the date we're supposed to meet.
Supposed to be meeting her later on tonight and whilst she hasn't outright pulled out I get the feeling shes a being a bit distant (i've not been too full on either).

Oh and to top it off I got made redundant today. Must have really narked someone off in a previous life.
Family ill in hospital, fiancee calls wedding off and leaves and then I get binned by my job.
Happy 2017 to me, someone pass me the ******* rum.

Man of Honour
Oh crap mate, sorry to hear that. :(

Chin the date off if I were you, if she were to do it then you'll feel better about doing it first, and if not, well, you're probably not in the right frame of mind anyway.

Soldato
Doe
Oh crap mate, sorry to hear that. :(

Chin the date off if I were you, if she were to do it then you'll feel better about doing it first, and if not, well, you're probably not in the right frame of mind anyway.

I'm going out to see one of my mates later on anyway first and if the date doesn't happen I can chill with him anyway so its no issue.
If it happens it happens if it doesn't it doesn't. A date would be a welcome distraction though tbh!

Soldato
Wow, that makes my troubles of a woman having no feelings for me seem rather small ROSSI. Head up

The other girl with complications and not being able to have the same interests as me has also gone quiet (not that i have messaged her back again after my last text) think ill leave that one where it is too and move on. More trouble than its worth in the long run

Edit - regarding the other girl i have feelings for and someone commented it sounds more like lust, lets hope it goes soon as i can't stop thinking about her and its actually keeping me up all night (i woke up at 4am this morning and didnt sleep again after)

Last edited:

Because they're blokes... :p

Oh and to top it off I got made redundant today.

Sorry to read that man, know what it's like. :(

Suspended
Experiencing a similar thing here. Chatting all fine and dandy but shes gone a lot quieter the closer its got to the date we're supposed to meet.
Supposed to be meeting her later on tonight and whilst she hasn't outright pulled out I get the feeling shes a being a bit distant (i've not been too full on either).

Oh and to top it off I got made redundant today. Must have really narked someone off in a previous life.
Family ill in hospital, fiancee calls wedding off and leaves and then I get binned by my job.
Happy 2017 to me, someone pass me the ******* rum.

You don't work in Leeds do you?

Associate
Well I'm in a bit of a messed up situation, Iv been in a realshonship with a girl who lives 12 miles away from me for the last 6 months and we are really getting on well..

Weekend just gone i was down my local social club and this girl was there and in my drunken state well i guess you can guess the rest, She has really falling for me don't stop texting asking can she see me...she knows I'm in a realshonship but if my Mrs find out I'm a dead man and this girl from here is 20 years my younger...

Associate
Well I'm in a bit of a messed up situation, Iv been in a realshonship with a girl who lives 12 miles away from me for the last 6 months and we are really getting on well..

Weekend just gone i was down my local social club and this girl was there and in my drunken state well i guess you can guess the rest, She has really falling for me don't stop texting asking can she see me...she knows I'm in a realshonship but if my Mrs find out I'm a dead man and this girl from here is 20 years my younger...

Make a decision and then live with the consequences. Everyone (including you most likely) will just get hurt in the end otherwise.

Soldato

Was your Mrs there too? What happened in your drunken state?

At least you have 2 women that have / are falling for you!! I'll take the younger one off your hands if you want? :D - maybe it will help me forget the one I can't stop thinking about but has no similar feelings for me

Back
Top Bottom