The OcUK Relationship Counselling and Hugs Thread

Man of Honour
Yeah, reminds me of a date I went on a few months ago, wanted to go in for it but the 'goodbye' was right outside of a pub with about 10-15 people there chatting etc. I'm brave, but not that brave!

She ended up being mental anyway, so not all was lost!

Soldato
:D i do have to laugh at some of these!

Ps, just to drive you guys more crazy, if you read a whatsapp message in the notification bar, it doesn't trigger the blue ticks :p

And thanks for that! it's like the old MSN messenger days, where you could see when they were typing back. At least with MSN you'd know if a person wasn't there they'd likely be offline. Rather than seeing them as online all throughout the day.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Also don't doubt yourself with women, they do play games and make you question yourself.
That's really not exclusive to women :p

Tbh, when it comes to dating, I think both genders can be just as bad as each other. Both sides overthink, under think, get too intense too soon, get flakey, stare at 'seen' messages on WhatsApp for too long, and so on and so forth. All potentially as bad as each other ;)

Man of Honour
I've actually started doing it myself in WhatsApp, as in logging on, not reading some messages and replying to others. I'm in quite a few group chats now and speak to more people (I used to be quite insulated and not talk to many people!). But the more friends I make the less time I have to immediately reply to some people. Once or twice I've had a follow up text of 'busy then?' and it makes me want to talk to them less.

Soldato
That's really not exclusive to women :p

Tbh, when it comes to dating, I think both genders can be just as bad as each other. Both sides overthink, under think, get too intense too soon, get flakey, stare at 'seen' messages on WhatsApp for too long, and so on and so forth. All potentially as bad as each other ;)

I don't doubt, I only have experience in dating Women though :p

Yeah the Whatsapp thing, people need to understand that you can't immediately get back to someone all the time, even if you've read the message. I can take my phone out at work and read a message, but I can't sit and have a conversation at my desk (most of the time..).

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour

Yeah the Whatsapp thing, people need to understand that you can't immediately get back to someone all the time, even if you've read the message. I can take my phone out at work and read a message, but I can't sit and have a conversation at my desk (most of the time..).
No female friends to hear the opposite horror stories? :D

I spent a long time avoiding using WhatsApp for pretty much all the reasons why it now has the potential to drive me insane. :p Also, I hate when someone wants to message ALL the time.

Soldato
I switched my last seen off now, what do the read receipts do though?

Yeah i absolutely accept what you're saying, i guess i just find it almost rude that you can go to the extent of reading the message, but not bother replying.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Yeah i absolutely accept what you're saying, i guess i just find it almost rude that you can go to the extent of reading the message, but not bother replying.
It's a tricky one.

They might not be replying straight away because -
They're genuinely busy but had a split second to read the text but not reply.
They have the time for a quick reply but they want to put some thought into their reply and they haven't got time for that right now.
They're not sure what to say.
They accidentally hit the notification and loaded up WhatsApp.
Something/one just caught fire next to them and that had to take priority before all their belongings/loved ones perished.
They forgot to reply. They don't mean anything by it. They just suck at remembering to reply.
They can't really be bothered to reply but they know they should get round to it soon - also the option that everyone assumes is the case in every single instance with no exceptions :p

Back
Top Bottom