Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (Square Enix Reveal new Deus Ex)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Surprisingly I didn't have to do anything! I didn't even need to go into the settings to change HUD placement etc. :D Definitely one of the better games for 21.9 i.e. EVERYTHING (cut scenes, UI, menus, HUD etc.) is supported out the gate.

IIRC, when it was released, was there not just issues with cut scenes and the UI for 21.9?
Cut scenes 21.9? Nice!

I hope every game going forward does this. It has been a major put of for me going 21.9 due to the lack of support even in most modern games, most recently Resident Evil 7.

Yeah, there were a bunch of issues on release with that aspect ratio IIRC.

Caporegime
Cut scenes 21.9? Nice!

I hope every game going forward does this. It has been a major put of for me going 21.9 due to the lack of support even in most modern games, most recently Resident Evil 7.

Yeah, there were a bunch of issues on release with that aspect ratio IIRC.
Oh wait sorry, rendered cut scenes are still 16.9, I meant to say the dialogue parts :p IIRC, those were 16.9 initially.

Can't say I've had any issue with 21.9 in all the games I play, cut scenes are generally always 16.9 since they are rendered most of the time, unless the cut scenes are rendered using in game engine, I can't see this ever being supported for 21.9.

I thought there was a workaround for RE 7 and 21.9? I know there was issues with the first "workaround" i.e. stretching/zooming/low FOV but I think that has been sorted now.

Apparently that is one of the disadvantages of denuvo DRM, it makes it much harder for people to fix/implement 21.9 support now and so you have to use HEX editors instead of the simpler/quicker one click methods via flawless widescreen or/and a simple line change in the config file.

My biggest annoyance with 21.9 is the HUD placement, hate seeing the HUD stuck in the 16.9 position, thankfully games seem to be improving upon this though be it by automatically adjusting the HUD or/and giving you controls to change the HUD yourself.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Oh wait sorry, rendered cut scenes are still 16.9, I meant to say the dialogue parts :p IIRC, those were 16.9 initially.

Can't say I've had any issue with 21.9 in all the games I play, cut scenes are generally always 16.9 since they are rendered most of the time, unless the cut scenes are rendered using in game engine, I can't see this ever being supported for 21.9.

I thought there was a workaround for RE 7 and 21.9? I know there was issues with the first "workaround" i.e. stretching/zooming/low FOV but I think that has been sorted now.

Apparently that is one of the disadvantages of denuvo DRM, it makes it much harder for people to fix/implement 21.9 support now and so you have to use HEX editors instead of the simpler/quicker one click methods via flawless widescreen or/and a simple line change in the config file.

My biggest annoyance with 21.9 is the HUD placement, hate seeing the HUD stuck in the 16.9 position, thankfully games seem to be improving upon this though be it by automatically adjusting the HUD or/and giving you controls to change the HUD yourself.
Ah, you had me getting a little hopeful for the future of 21:9 lol.

Imagine, you are playing a game them boom cut scene hits and it goes to 16:9 :(

I remember easy posted a fix for RE 7, but it turned out to be crap. lol.

Caporegime
Ah, you had me getting a little hopeful for the future of 21:9 lol.

Imagine, you are playing a game them boom cut scene hits and it goes to 16:9 :(

I remember easy posted a fix for RE 7, but it turned out to be crap. lol.
haha, soon you will ascend!!! :D ;) :p

But yeah cut scenes will always be problematic I think. Be nice if they did support it but it's not something that bothers me personally.

haha I remember that, that was a pretty crap fix, I think it has been properly fixed now though, not 100% sure as I don't have any interest in the game so haven't tried it myself :p

Soldato
I tried the fix for RE7 and thought it was ok. It did bring the field of view in a bit - probably the equivalent of having it set at 70 but after a few minutes I got used to it and certainly preferred playing it like that as apposed to having the black bars.

Soldato
Okay that laser section in the hacking bit (Mission 9) is so annoying. Numerous attempts and I swear I'm clear but keep getting caught.
Doing my head in.

Soldato
I am trying to remember what bit it is, as I never found anything hard at all about that game. You in the NSN?
Yeh that bit.
Just watched some vids, they seem to be able to pause and wait between sets of lasers in the videos but I can't seem to that in mine. If I pause between the lasers, the door closes.

Soldato
Yeh that bit.
Just watched some vids, they seem to be able to pause and wait between sets of lasers in the videos but I can't seem to that in mine. If I pause between the lasers, the door closes.

Are you looking at one video or a few different ones? I am trying to remember what I did at this section but its was months ago, I seem to remember dying or failing a few times.

Soldato
Nah no dying here but the door closes.
One video the guy rushes through and makes it, the other he hides in the corner after every laser. I have tried both strategies.

Man of Honour
Anyone know why even though I get 60-100fps most of the time I get massive slow down occasionally, especially when bringing up the inventory? V-sync with triple buffering has helped somewhat...

Associate
Just seen Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for £9.99 on CD keys and was wondering if it is worth getting this now or waiting it out for GOTY or just getting the deluxe version which is £25.99 or the other question is the DLC worth it.

Man of Honour
Just seen Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for £9.99 on CD keys and was wondering if it is worth getting this now or waiting it out for GOTY or just getting the deluxe version which is £25.99 or the other question is the DLC worth it.

I just bought the £9.99 version...can't complain at that price and having a blast so far!

Back
Top Bottom