Tower block fire - london

Soldato
I know people like to cling to hope but the people still walking around with "missing" posters need to just accept that if they've not found their loved one by now then they are almost certainly dead. If I'm wrong they will have one hell of a surprise but they need to just start grieving process now.
Yea don't understand that really. Usually only takes ~24 hours for all hospitalised victims to be identified in situations like this. After that the chances are they're dead. I guess they're just clinging onto any hope they can, but I can't help but feel they are wasting their energy, energy they'll soon need even more.

V F

V F

Soldato
I know people like to cling to hope but the people still walking around with "missing" posters need to just accept that if they've not found their loved one by now then they are almost certainly dead. If I'm wrong they will have one hell of a surprise but they need to just start grieving process now.

One of the police I heard last night, I think... it was on TV (callling into one of the news channels) saying he fears it'll likely go above 100.

Man of Honour
Yea don't understand that really. Usually only takes ~24 hours for all hospitalised victims to be identified in situations like this. After that the chances are they're dead. I guess they're just clinging onto any hope they can, but I can't help but feel they are wasting their energy, energy they'll soon need even more.

Most people though have no choice but to cling onto hope until faced with some kind of closure. Its not like a switch you can turn on and off.

Man of Honour
One of the police I heard last night, I think... it was on TV (callling into one of the news channels) saying he fears it'll likely go above 100.

It may be a little lower than it could have been as some who lived on the upper floors were still in places of worship, etc. due to Ramadan which probably saved their lives.

Its almost certainly going to top 40 though.

Associate
£10m upgrade but it was spend 8.6m so where is the 1.4m goes?? should spend fireproof cladding to protect people.. never buy cheap one so it much like to be criminal charge for this happen Council and building should have put protect building as upgrade but damaged done.. terrible one.. People have their right to be anger and demand an answer...

Soldato
The protesting is a shame. At least let the whole event be over first.

If my home was burnt down I wouldn't be protesting that someone home me. It's a sad state of affairs.

I was discussing this yesterday and regarding the smoke alarm issue. I know it's a landlord responsibility to ensure safety but if I were a tenant I'd still be sure my flat had functioning alarms. They're all adults, they're not incapable of looking after such trivial matters.

Soldato
£10m upgrade but it was spend 8.6m so where is the 1.4m goes?? should spend fireproof cladding to protect people.. never buy cheap one so it much like to be criminal charge for this happen Council and building should have put protect building as upgrade but damaged done.. terrible one.. People have their right to be anger and demand an answer...
Fire proof is only fire proof to a certain temperature. Anything can burn. The cladding is fire retardant but it's still flammable.

Soldato

If my home was burnt down I wouldn't be protesting that someone home me. It's a sad state of affairs.

I was discussing this yesterday and regarding the smoke alarm issue. I know it's a landlord responsibility to ensure safety but if I were a tenant I'd still be sure my flat had functioning alarms. They're all adults, they're not incapable of looking after such trivial matters.

They want instant justice - 3rd world style.

Soldato

Safe spaces are the thing?

Back
Top Bottom