Why does Apple have to be so bloody difficult?

V F

V F

Soldato
Additionally, the OS is very powerful when you get in to using the Terminal.

True, true.

Anyway.. horses for courses. A lot of people are happy with Windows and lots are happy on OS X. I use both daily and would prefer a Mac in work if it wasn't for app compatibility.

What about the ones that use both OS X and Windows and also enjoys both?

Man of Honour
My kids have been through countless lightning cables, each costing a small fortune. On the rare occasion my micro usb fails I simply use one of the other three hundred spare cables sitting in a draw somewhere, or order one for a couple of pounds.

It drives me nuts.

Commissario
My kids have been through countless lightning cables, each costing a small fortune. On the rare occasion my micro usb fails I simply use one of the other three hundred spare cables sitting in a draw somewhere, or order one for a couple of pounds.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. If you destroy lightning cables (and I don't understand how this happens, I've never had one fail) then instead of buying a cable you know will be destroyed, get one of these and just use cheap micro USB cables along with the adapter. It's a much cheaper way of doing it.

Soldato
Man of Honour
Stood on? Jammed in a drawer/chair?

They always broke at the point of the cable going into the plug by the iPad. Presumably they were not careful with them while unplugging them or letting them dangle while charging and using the iPad. They are older now so more careful.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. If you destroy lightning cables (and I don't understand how this happens, I've never had one fail) then instead of buying a cable you know will be destroyed, get one of these and just use cheap micro USB cables along with the adapter. It's a much cheaper way of doing it.

My first reaction to that was "hey that's great!" My second reaction was to get angry as it shows there is absolutely no good reason to use a non standard lightning adapter other than to gouge an extra license cost from third parties. It shows an industry standard micro usb cable works just as well.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

This whole thread summed up:

- Person: gets into car
- Car: please insert the key so the car can start
- Person: LOL I don't wanna insert the key, why won't this stupid car start, the manufacturer of this car must think I'm an idiot LOL

V F

V F

Soldato
You can send SMS via an non cellular iPad if it's linked to an iPhone (using your Apple ID).

Think it's iOS 8 and later that allow this. I think it was called Continuity.

Personal Hotspot. You link it up via wifi+password to both devices. There is another part as you said where you pick up one device and continue to do the same tasks on another but I don't think phone services work across that.

Caporegime
Personal Hotspot. You link it up via wifi+password to both devices. There is another part as you said where you pick up one device and continue to do the same tasks on another but I don't think phone services work across that.

No it's nothing to do with personal hot spot.

Continuity supports SMS and cellular calls too. It works when the devices are connected to the internet and the same Apple ID is logged in:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT2046

However I'm not sure the iPad 2 supports it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Other than Nexus, how many Android phones have had 4.5-5 years of support?

depends, do you mean direct from the manufacturer or are we including 3rd party stuff like cyanogen et al?

because if it's the latter then most of them do.

besides, the issue i was referring to was on a 2 year old device at the time.

Soldato
Thread is bizarre, never in my life have I heard of someone thinking an iPad could do sms........lolz.

Seriously, never, not since they first came out, non even my mum or grandad assumes they can....because iPads?

New one on me that’s for sure, 1000 of people in 6-7 years they been around, never even heard the question asked, never come across such a bonkers idea anywhere on the net even.

Back
Top Bottom