**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Thread ****

Associate
Not true. I found upon the s7 release I was able to get updates quicker on the xeu device.

However after near enough 12 months the btu started releasing them quicker.

The xeu and btu devices tend to skip a month so they ended up alternating who had the latest update.

Xeu also ending up skipping a months worth of updates
It is true with my devices ,maybe they stagger the releases ,but certainly in my case XEU has always been faster ,hence changing my S8 from BTU to EXU

Permabanned
I caved in an ordered a Galaxy S8+, not sure I'll be able to get used to that rear fingerprint scanner but I'll give it try.

Ordered from Amazon Italy, not sure if it was a glitch or not but it said one day delivery which I doubt, we'll see what happens I guess.

Caporegime
I caved in an ordered a Galaxy S8+, not sure I'll be able to get used to that rear fingerprint scanner but I'll give it try.

Ordered from Amazon Italy, not sure if it was a glitch or not but it said one day delivery which I doubt, we'll see what happens I guess.

I ordered my S8 on 29th June and it's arriving July 6th.

What you going to do about the charger?

Permabanned
I ordered my S8 on 29th June and it's arriving July 6th.

What you going to do about the charger?

I suppose I'll have to buy one, I have Type C chargers here but I doubt they'll fast charge.

It's odd, usually you have to pay for delivery from Italy, yet mine is showing as free next day delivery. I wonder if they'll try and honor it.

Probably not I'm guessing. :D

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
SystemUI Tuner app,

Used it on my S8+ and found some useful tweaks. I've now got 10 quick toggle icons instead of the default max of 6, disabled the battery icon leaving only the percentage text, enabled the clock seconds display and couple other things.

Looks neat, looks like a custom ROM.

rps20170703_122844_092.jpg
rps20170703_122923_671.jpg

Think I'll go further and turn off the icons for bluetooth and alarm clock as they are always on anyway.

I’ve also installed the Helvicta font which someone posted a direct link to on reddit (It’s £1.19 on the Galaxy Apps store…) and now the font is a bit more nicer looking. A subtle change, but a welcome one nonetheless.

Soldato
Just rang EE and got my PAC code, they would price match the £32.99 8gb package but not the £37 30gb one, so it looks like I'm off to 3, an extra £4 a month for an extra 22gb of data seems like a no brainer to me.

Without going back through the whole thread, can anyone recommend me a slim case and screen protector please? I was looking at the Spigen Neo Hybrid as I've had a Spigen on my G4 for the last 2yrs and its been ideal, and I'd like a tempered glass protector that works with a case too. Thanks again.

Caporegime
I suppose I'll have to buy one, I have Type C chargers here but I doubt they'll fast charge.

It's odd, usually you have to pay for delivery from Italy, yet mine is showing as free next day delivery. I wonder if they'll try and honor it.

Probably not I'm guessing. :D

I have my 5V/3A Nexus 6p charger - Internet search was a bit vague on whether it allows Fast Charging on an S8

Official charger is a rather ridiculous £25

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Type C chargers have to be USB-PD compliant to fast charge. Also I don't think the Exynos handsets will fast charge over PD, only SD835 handsets.

Soldato
SystemUI Tuner app,

Used it on my S8+ and found some useful tweaks. I've now got 10 quick toggle icons instead of the default max of 6, disabled the battery icon leaving only the percentage text, enabled the clock seconds display and couple other things.

Looks neat, looks like a custom ROM.

rps20170703_122844_092.jpg
rps20170703_122923_671.jpg

Think I'll go further and turn off the icons for bluetooth and alarm clock as they are always on anyway.

I’ve also installed the Helvicta font which someone posted a direct link to on reddit (It’s £1.19 on the Galaxy Apps store…) and now the font is a bit more nicer looking. A subtle change, but a welcome one nonetheless.

This one? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zacharee1.systemuituner&hl=en_GB

As good as it looks, this worries me a tad: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=72413941&postcount=283

Associate
Does anyone else have problems with apps crashing all the time on their s8+

Sky+
Google+
instagram

To name a few. They work for a short while then just crash and force close which is annoying.

I even wiped the phone at the weekend but still get the same issue.

The only app I have installed which may be causing it is Adhell. Does anyone else have the same problems or is its the apps themselves which are a little buggy

Associate

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Back
Top Bottom