What did you do to your bike today?

Soldato
£300 seems high. What does that include as that would massively affect the price. Is that including the fuel line? Are they checking the valve clearances or anything? If it does I really wouldn't bother doing the valve clearances.

Where abouts in Manchester are you? There's an Indy in Ardwick that I used to go to as it was next to my work, he's a rather "interesting" guy but very good, he likes to give abuse / banter :p Mr Pigs it's called.
#

It was Bolton motorcycles;the dealer I bought the bike from originally. I now live in Fareham near Southampton though; this was just to get a rough price that I've dealt with in the past :)

Soldato
Back to work after a week off, and I've got the use of a car this week, heated seats, heated steering wheel, automatic :D radio 2 on and relax :p

I'll be buying a set of XR12's in the next few weeks ready for the cold weather.

Soldato
My house insurance doesn't ask what I have in the house or garage, they just cover contents up to a set amount. In my case we chose CHF 30,000.
So you can stack your bike on the road with obvious road damage and then go to your house insurance and ask them to pay for the damage even though it was blatantly nowhere near your house?

Man of Honour
So you can stack your bike on the road with obvious road damage and then go to your house insurance and ask them to pay for the damage even though it was blatantly nowhere near your house?

It has to be stored in my garage/on my property over winter (and without my licence plates) when the damage/theft happens.

Soldato
Softened preload front and back as I'm no where near heavy enough for it.

Tested the lift control... a lot :D

Also had the front slide out on me, can't tell where the issue was apart from I was leant over a fair way and the tires may have been cold due to cold weather here, that was scary and entirely luck that I stayed on it.

Associate
Well the bike had a major service done at BMW and passed its MOT at the same time with zero advisories so all good for some winter riding if I get the opportunity :)

Side note had a brand new R1200RT for the day and very nice it was too. Although I am happy with the GSA the wife struggles to get on and off due to its height so may consider getting the RT or a K1600GTL for some of the longer tours we have planned over the next few years but only if I can keep the GSA as well unless of course I can talk her into getting her own bike :)

Soldato
Had the suspension set up as much as they could, 27.5mm sag on front, 27mm on rear.

I don't weigh enough for the bike so they did what they could, made a huge difference though... the ride home I managed to get the rear peeling! Very happy with it.

Back
Top Bottom