Aqua Computer Aquaero Owners thread

Associate
ah cool never saw them b4 not bad price will order some. cheers.

i have a question which isn't thread related if you don't mind me asking.

I bought a 1080ti rig strix oc which I'm gonna buy a ekwb water block for. do you know if I can use the asus back plate or shud I change it for an ekwb 1?

To put it simply, no. No you can't use the Asus Back plate with the EK block. You can with the Phanteks. In fact it's part of the instructions that you have to keep the original. Phanteks don't do a aftermarket backplate. With Asus ROG GPU's with RGB LED's it's a great feature. For that reason I'm personally sticking with the Phanteks block.

Associate
To put it simply, no. No you can't use the Asus Back plate with the EK block. You can with the Phanteks. In fact it's part of the instructions that you have to keep the original. Phanteks don't do a aftermarket backplate. With Asus ROG GPU's with RGB LED's it's a great feature. For that reason I'm personally sticking with the Phanteks block.
cheers is there a difference in performance from phantek to ekwb with was back plate

Associate
cheers is there a difference in performance from phantek to ekwb with was back plate

The blocks themselves won't differ much in terms of temps. Both backplates act as heatspreaders and cool the top of the card. The EK Backplate might cool slightly better as it's a thicker material and therefore more surface area for the heat to spread. In real life terms it's probably a negligible difference. The water cooling the block itself makes the biggest cooling difference.

Soldato
Never going to use aquero again for powering my pumps at least. Twice it didn't start the pump up correctly (DDC) one time taking out two gtx 470's the other time luckily no harm done to the CPU.

The software I could only open a few times on random boots into windows so I'd never know when I'd be able to change settings again.

It looks nice but I can't trust the technology unfortunately.

Associate
Never going to use aquero again for powering my pumps at least. Twice it didn't start the pump up correctly (DDC) one time taking out two gtx 470's the other time luckily no harm done to the CPU.

The software I could only open a few times on random boots into windows so I'd never know when I'd be able to change settings again.

It looks nice but I can't trust the technology unfortunately.

You obviously have a faulty unit. Better to get yours replaced than blame the actual product. I've used one for a while now with no issues. You'll also notice 33 pages of 3 years worth of posts in this thread of people that didn't have this issue

Soldato
There is no way they will replace it it's six years old. It looks nice in my case but trusting a computer within a computer to look after parts costing hundreds? it's not something I can or will do again.

Associate
I've had the an Aquastream XT pump fail to be recognised by the USB header (don't know if it was a motherboard anomaly or the pump's USB interface itself at fault), although the pump itself started up correctly every time, as it was powered by molex. Regardless, the Ultimate version of the Aquastream XT is supposed to supply water temperature information to the OS which you can use to control fans. If it cannot connect to USB then it cannot send the water temperature information correctly, so it gets set to the default 50 degrees, causing all the fans to spin up to max and an alarm to sound, if you've set a threshold for water temps. I might have been able to get around this if I connected the pump to my Aquaero's aquabus, but I had no real reason to and didn't want another point of failure (and another cable attached).

Soldato
O
You obviously have a faulty unit. Better to get yours replaced than blame the actual product. I've used one for a while now with no issues. You'll also notice 33 pages of 3 years worth of posts in this thread of people that didn't have this issue

On a mission much? Why do you care so much about a company you have no stake in whatsoever? Do you feel personally attacked that I gave my opinion on an inaminate object?
It's just not for me, the unnecessary points of failure are not worth it to me and I learnt the hard way.
I know what it is for I'm not an idiot.

Associate
O

On a mission much? Why do you care so much about a company you have no stake in whatsoever? Do you feel personally attacked that I gave my opinion on an inaminate object?
It's just not for me, the unnecessary points of failure are not worth it to me and I learnt the hard way.

Triggered much? :)

Soldato
Ok so i'm trying to use my aquaero for radiator fan speed control and temperature sensing.

I've plugged it into a USB header (red cable on the left, all pins populated i.e. top most connector slot) and it there is the error message on the screen of the aquaero unit saying to connect USB.

In device manager the device cannot start properly

Sign this all over again. Now of course they want me to buy software but why do that when it's not even DETECTED.

Any ideas?

Soldato

How are people wiring D5s to the Aquaero? I have 17 fans running of 3/4 of my 6XT connectors and should really move my 2 D5s across where possible...

Wiring power to the 4 pin and powering one? I get no control when I simply plug the pump 4 pin RPM read/control in.

Cheers!

Soldato
O

Use a flow meter if it concerns you, fail to see how it killed GPUs as the system would hang pretty quickly before anything got that hot.

You chose to manage your fans/pumps with an external product but failed to adequately monitor it. What if the PSU failed if you were not using the Aquaero and didn’t power the pump on? PSU is terrible and to be dismissed as a viable product? No.

If you can’t open the software post windows 10 creators on the latest version it’s things like Riva tuner conflicting. Add exceptions or update to the beta version.

Associate
How are people wiring D5s to the Aquaero? I have 17 fans running of 3/4 of my 6XT connectors and should really move my 2 D5s across where possible...

Wiring power to the 4 pin and powering one? I get no control when I simply plug the pump 4 pin RPM read/control in.

Cheers!

You still have to power your D5 pump via Molex, Aquabus or not. Non-Aquabus D5's you can measure the pump speed using the 3 pin header (usually just has the blue RPM wire in it). The Aquabus just controls the AquaComputer D5 pump's speed. It still needs power via Molex. If you're using a regular D5 with the speed dial on it, you can't control the speed of it. This has been covered in this thread, the only way the Aquaero will control the speed of the pump is with the AquaComputer D5 with Aquabus because the normal D5's (PWM Versions) have a weird PWM implementation that makes it incompatible.

Soldato
You still have to power your D5 pump via Molex, Aquabus or not. Non-Aquabus D5's you can measure the pump speed using the 3 pin header (usually just has the blue RPM wire in it). The Aquabus just controls the AquaComputer D5 pump's speed. It still needs power via Molex. If you're using a regular D5 with the speed dial on it, you can't control the speed of it. This has been covered in this thread, the only way the Aquaero will control the speed of the pump is with the AquaComputer D5 with Aquabus because the normal D5's (PWM Versions) have a weird PWM implementation that makes it incompatible.

Pretty sure the 30w in one Channel on the 6LT would power the pump if I wired it but ok... normal D5, they carry blue and green wires usually which is sensor and control.

Not really following how they have a weird PWM configuration when it’s identical to fans and can be controlled from the same headers on the motherboard... in therory it’s passing the RPM back regardless.

Associate
Pretty sure the 30w in one Channel on the 6LT would power the pump if I wired it but ok... normal D5, they carry blue and green wires usually which is sensor and control.

Not really following how they have a weird PWM configuration when it’s identical to fans and can be controlled from the same headers on the motherboard... in therory it’s passing the RPM back regardless.

No idea as I just used molex so it didn't affect me but saw it mentioned somewhere. You could do that but I'd contact Aqua Computer and ask before taking risks

Associate
Guys my software is crashing on startup , is there a fix?

It is Riva tuner causing the issue but I'm on the latest 7.0 release and cant find a newer beta. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom