Lily Allen: "History is racist"

Soldato
Being ultrapedantic, history is in its literal sense factual or subjective in that it’s recounted in the ‘one side of the story’ way. People throughout history have been racist and a recollection of history that is distorted or/and subjective may be racist, but I’m not sure how history itself can be racist. It’s like saying ‘time is racist’. Just an observation from this thread - which I found odd to read :p

I started writing a similar post this morning, history can't distinguish between people (no senses!) and doesn't consciously decide how to behave. How can it be racist? It's a fairly abstract concept at best.

Associate
Is this the only way for Silly Lilly to stay relevant?

Honestly I'm surprised she hadn't pulled a Peaches yet and off'd herself. In any case it's going to be a gold mine when she does, with sycophants shedding crocodile tears on Twitter claiming that she had some great influence on their lives and her music was truly inspiring.

Do the world a favour Lilly!!

Associate
This is what people don't understand, it's the same as Katie Hopkins. They only stay relevant because people like the OP are sharing the story and talking about her.
Too true. Like I said before, Silly Lily doesn't come into my thought process at any time. Her songs are crap and are never played on the radio so the only way she can get herself into the spotlight is by saying or doing something stupid and outrageous.

Identify politics is the flavour of the month so frothing on about "something something racist something" usually will curry favour with one side of the spectrum.

I tell a lie though. Lily Allen does feature in my life from time to time. Usually when we are discussing which celebrities will snuff it next. At the moment Bruce Forsythe is proving unexpectedly resilient.

Soldato
Is this the only way for Silly Lilly to stay relevant?

Honestly I'm surprised she hadn't pulled a Peaches yet and off'd herself. In any case it's going to be a gold mine when she does, with sycophants shedding crocodile tears on Twitter claiming that she had some great influence on their lives and her music was truly inspiring.

Do the world a favour Lilly!!

Taking a page out of the Russell Brand book, primary job gone down the pan and must switch to a be a hypocritical SJW.

Soldato
The thing is that since Allen's pop career appears to be over, she now needs to spout ever more ridiculous comments in order to stay in the public eye
LEAVE LILY ALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNEEEE!!!!!!

CapturewefeqF.jpg

Soldato
Is it just me or does the word racist not appear anywhere in that article or complaint?

Think there's a difference between racism and colonialism but let's not stop a good moan about someone moaning.

Back
Top Bottom