Lily Allen: "History is racist"

Soldato
Oh look it's the "liberal" dream team, glad you could join us guys :D

Not really. I'm not arguing that she's daft and it's just a part of history.

It's just funny that yet again you're making stuff up to argue about.

Nothing liberal about disagreeing with made up controversy

Caporegime
OP
I linked the article in the OP.

There is no "made up controversy" here. People responding did so after reading the linked article.

You can't invalidate everything people have said because of the thread title, which you happen to feel is misleading. I personally think it's a fair representation of what's going on. Completely fair.

Soldato
I linked the article in the OP.

There is no "made up controversy" here. People responding did so after reading the linked article.

You can't invalidate everything people have said because of the thread title, which you happen to feel is misleading. I personally think it's a fair representation of what's going on. Completely fair.

Nope, nowhere in that article does it say the word racist. Hence you've decided to make it up. I'm not disagreeing with other posters as I too agree that it's a petty complaint.

I'm disagreeing with the way youve manipulated it to cause controversy, as if the original article wasn't pointless enough.

I'm sure you can work out the difference between colonialism and racism but I'm sure you'll now back-pedal for about 3 pages to get the last word.

Soldato
ah the good old Zulu's.................

How I do like to remember the Zulu's and their exploits....

Because in knowing some of their history I can be reminded that the Marxist infested contemporary left are a complete and utter bunch of lying, immoral, hypocrites who are not interested ultimately in 'equality' but in power... and the only thing they know to do with that power is destroy humanities achievements bringing in poverty and failure.....

Why would I say such a thing? Because the recounting of a battle won by the British nearly 140 years ago is 'celebrating colonialism' and racist on one hand....

But then we have the British armies adversaries, The Zulu's , whose most famous leader was Shaka (he was of course long dead by the time of the battle of Rourke's Drift).

With the Zulu's being (not so well) remembered for their vicious warmongering and expansionist drive (launched under Shaka) through the south of the African continent which is known as the Mfecane 'The Crushing'

'The Zulu practice was to absorb only the women and young men of a clan or village. They killed the elderly and men of fighting age; the lucky ones escaped.'

It was of course this expansionistic, bloodthirsty warmongering that bought the Zulu's into conflict with another, at the time, colonialist force, The British Empire, around the time of the Battle of Rourke's drift .

Fast forward to today and we have the wonderful 'Rainbow nation' that is South Africa complete with legitimised open state racism against whites and we find a fairly recently re dedicated airport named in honour of the bloodthirsty murdering tyrant that was Shaka....

King Shaka International Airport so dedicated in 2010...........

An internet search for 'controversy king shaka zulu airport' on a popular internet search engine brings up a front page filled with stories concerned not with whether it was a good idea, in modern times, to name an international airport after a murdering, expansionistic warlord but instead a page filled with articles about how people were annoyed that a recently erected statue to said murdering tyrant didn't show him armed to the teeth with the very weapons used by his troops to kill what may have been 1 - 2 million of their fellow 'black' Africans

Of course the good old BBC described Shaka rather euphemistically as being a 'Warrior King' where as they describe a white man (who was arguably far less destructive in his time), Cecil Rhodes as being an 'imperialist'

On the subject of tube notice boards.... I do think they should keep the information strictly limited to that required for the customers to go about their travels with the least disruption ....

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Nope, nowhere in that article does it say the word racist. Hence you've decided to make it up. I'm not disagreeing with other posters as I too agree that it's a petty complaint.

I'm disagreeing with the way youve manipulated it to cause controversy, as if the original article wasn't pointless enough.

I'm sure you can work out the difference between colonialism and racism but I'm sure you'll now back-pedal for about 3 pages to get the last word.
And frankly not a single flying **** was given about what you think. Do come again.

Soldato

Au contraire (white) colonialism is the very epitome of white supremacist racism .... do try to keep up with the current state of things

(of course non whites can't be racist and we will gloss over any times non whites may have acted in a colonial fashion)

Man of Honour
Having now read the article rather than the comments, yeah, fairly petty complaint (I’m sure we all agree)... undue emphasis on Lily Allen in the article though, if all she did is retweet something, and the focus on her in the thread title is sort of an amplification of said undue emphasis.

Caporegime
OP
Maybe you should stop posting on a public forum then?

Or lying, whichever is easier.
No buddy, I'm going to keep posting whatever the hell I feel like, and you can keep being triggered if you like ;) You're not even the tiniest bit important and neither is your opinion. Of course neither is mine, so why should anyone stop posting? I don't get it.

Soldato
No buddy, I'm going to keep posting whatever the hell I feel like, and you can keep being triggered if you like ;) You're not even the tiniest bit important and neither is your opinion. Of course neither is mine, so why should anyone stop posting? I don't get it.

Lol why are you taking this so personally? Not enjoy getting called out for BS?

Not sure I'm the one getting triggered here...

Man of Honour
The only reason shes famous is because she has a famous dad, who probably pulled some strings so his self entitled daughter who went through life not having to bother to learn anything could cause misery and pain through her music and political comments.

If she wants to correct the actions of something that happened about 300 years ago and offends her, she should goto africa and help the less fortunate children and hopefully get kidnapped by Boko Haram.

Give Boka Haram a break, no matter what they’ve done in the past, they shouldn’t be saddled
with that prat, and we all loved their “Whiter Shade of Pale” in the late sixties, early seventies.

Caporegime
OP
Lol why are you taking this so personally? Not enjoy getting called out for BS?

Not sure I'm the one getting triggered here...
Nah I 100% stand by the thread title. I think it perfectly encapsulates what we all know is going on here, once you cut out all the actual BS - which is the pretence that this doesn't boil down to playing the "racist" card. Which is absolutely does. After all Empire was an empire of mostly what we'd now call "developing" nations, even if that is something of a misnomer in the case of many corrupt African nations.

Soldato
Nah I 100% stand by the thread title. I think it perfectly encapsulates what we all know is going on here, once you cut out all the actual BS - which is the pretence that this doesn't boil down to playing the "racist" card. Which is absolutely does. After all Empire was an empire of mostly what we'd now call "developing" nations, even if that is something of a misnomer in the case of many corrupt African nations.

But she didn't say that, and neither did the article. I agree that inherently colonialism is linked to racism ( the air of superiority held over those developing nations) but she wasn't even alluding to that in the first place.

I will agree that we shouldn't be ashamed of our past though, rather learn from it and not make the same choices again. If she had played the racist card then she would look even more of a prat than she already does.

Caporegime
Zulus were basically colonists too... though I guess because they've got black skin then today they get to run things in South Africa without being seen as descended from invaders/colonists too.

Caporegime
OP
But she didn't say that, and neither did the article. I agree that inherently colonialism is linked to racism ( the air of superiority held over those developing nations) but she wasn't even alluding to that in the first place.

I will agree that we shouldn't be ashamed of our past though, rather learn from it and not make the same choices again. If she had played the racist card then she would look even more of a prat than she already does.
"British colonialism" and "racism" are used pretty much interchangeably. You yourself just said that they are inherently linked. And yes - it's because we did tend to believe ourselves superior and did some pretty horrific things at times to the natives. Indefensible things which we'd like to think wouldn't happen with our modern sensibilities (but probably underneath the fake Twitter outrage we're not that different sadly).

I summarised the whole thing with a deliberately provocative thread title, but I do not believe it was misleading. They are inherently linked, you yourself just said so. I kind of rest my case after quoting what you just said.

Back
Top Bottom