Ed China leaving Wheeler dealers :(

Soldato
Looks like a better Wheeler dealers
yes - jumped through it, he's miles more personable than Mike,
still keeping the on the road style, so he is not in his home garage, to show more of the enjoyable technical stuff (just the brake overhall that was interesting), hopefully he will return to his home base (cryptic - as opposed to the Nike missile base), but maybe that style has been stolen by Glenister/Anstead, who are pompous in comparison.
this client looked like a snap-on rep.

Soldato
Enjoyed that, be good to see him work on some proper old stuff as well. Having to fight with seized parts rather than taking off brand new drum brakes for example.

Much better without the fake selling or cringe worthy "hold out your hand" stuff.

Soldato
Enjoyed that, be good to see him work on some proper old stuff as well. Having to fight with seized parts rather than taking off brand new drum brakes for example.

Much better without the fake selling or cringe worthy "hold out your hand" stuff.

Thats the thing, i always found the price stuff pretty much irrelevent as they never took into account the labour. Plus i could never find what they found as cheap as they did. Lol

Soldato

Gonna watch it on my lunch break later. Loved Wheeler Dealers, but I used to skip most of the Mike Brewer bits, purely because of that. "AULD AHHHT YER ANNND", **** off :mad:

Associate
“You/I just bought yourself/myself a [insert car of the week]”.

WD went downhill when they started doing all the Yankee stuff and going to the states. US cars can be interesting but not every week.

Caporegime
Great first episode IMO, definitely better than WD (at least better than any remotely recent WD).

Only thing I couldn't quite get my head around was the whole upgrading the REAR brakes only to make the car safer with more power... odd. I get that he was only doing what was neccessary to satisfy the laws of the land, but it makes no sense as the fronts would have been doing most of the braking anyway!

Caporegime
Great first episode IMO, definitely better than WD (at least better than any remotely recent WD).

Only thing I couldn't quite get my head around was the whole upgrading the REAR brakes only to make the car safer with more power... odd. I get that he was only doing what was neccessary to satisfy the laws of the land, but it makes no sense as the fronts would have been doing most of the braking anyway!

It makes no sense at all but that's the laws of the road. It is the same reason I need to take a letter to my mot tester ever year for emissions testing because they sold a couple of hundred of them over here even though the emissions side of my car is completely different!

Man of Honour

Rules can be funny old things. Sounds like all he needed to do was make his modifications match the type approved factory upgrades from the period, one of which was rear discs. The actual impact of those modifications on performance is another matter altogether.

Man of Honour
That was just the job - a good idea for a series that suits him perfectly, well produced and with a nice ending. I'd much rather see someone enjoying a project car they'd had trouble finishing than some fake "sale" babble. I also liked that the owner (and his friends) did a lot of the work, since it's his project car.

Rules don't need to make any sense. I get the impression that it was more of a working around the rules, anyway. You can't modify the car...but you can copy an approved upgrade. Maybe Norway is required to accept that as part of its arrangement with the EU - didn't he say that the upgrade was approved by the French government?

Man of Honour
Rules don't need to make any sense. I get the impression that it was more of a working around the rules, anyway. You can't modify the car...but you can copy an approved upgrade. Maybe Norway is required to accept that as part of its arrangement with the EU - didn't he say that the upgrade was approved by the French government?
Yep. Sounds like a loophole exploitation/workaround (as we all know there are plenty of these in life, not just the car world!)

Back
Top Bottom