******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Soldato
OP
and yet people still drop hundreds to thousands of pounds on virtual ships. Probably the same people who then moan about paying £40-50 for a new game and a tenner for some DLC.

Adults doing with their money what they want, It's their money, not mine.

Been happening for years, I still remember selling an Ultima Online item for over £300 on ebay. A single randomly generated item..

Still see the odd Counterstrike knife up for sale in too on steam etc.

Adults spending their money how they want, ain't my business if they throw it on the lottery or virtual stuff. Heck I see expensive cars as just as daft to be honest.

Soldato

Been happening for years, I still remember selling an Ultima Online item for over £300 on ebay. A single randomly generated item..

Adults spending their money how they want, ain't my business if they throw it on the lottery or virtual stuff. Heck I see expensive cars as just as daft to be honest.

I do completely agree here.

One of the overkill systems I built a while ago got me a lot of stick where I was working for being a waste of money and that I should be doing xy&z with it.

This was coming from someone who’d just spent £8000 on 4 rims for his car.

Needless to say I didn’t say anything to him as it’s his money and his hobby. Not like it’s an issue for me.

Caporegime

I get your point about choice and adults being able to do what they like with their own money. However, I'd argue there's a significant difference between an expensive car and jpegs of spaceships.

Soldato
OP
I get your point about choice and adults being able to do what they like with their own money. However, I'd argue there's a significant difference between an expensive car and jpegs of spaceships.

both in this case are based upon the desire for exclusive or limited availability or projection of wealth imho. You physically own the car but it immediately depreciates in value where as the virtual goods vary in value (grey market) but may ultimately be worthless without a released game. you can, in the ship is actuated available to use get limited enjoyment from it, very limited.

Caporegime
Half considering chasing a refund myself tbh. I cant see it coming out for ages and if/when it does i'll need a new PC so meh..
I got one some months back and it was pretty easy.
pretty sure I posted how to do it in this thread, so if you search this thread for posts by me its probably one of the last few times I posted in here

Soldato
I got mine easy too, although mine was to do with the fact the game wouldn't do gamestream or steam streaming which is the only way I can play games now and it used to at 2.6, I probably wouldn't have done so if it was ok with those methods.

Soldato
OP
https://www.reddit.com/r/Starcitizen_trades/

You need to jump through a few hoops these days and it's worth using a middleman if you aren't sure. Alternatively eBay (honestly - probably more risky though)

Also state you will change the account to their details prior to transfer, so they don't get your personal information when they login. Not idea what Golden ticket ones are work these days as I've been out of it for a few years, but you CANNOT buy them or transfer them and that makes them limited in number, think it's <50,000 that are GT.

Don't post your account number e.g. 3456, just say it's in the low thousands e.g. <4000

Back
Top Bottom