The Show Off Your Tattoo Thread

Man of Honour
Had this done 3 weeks ago very happy with it.

I thank you for your service, and I don’t suppose this will go down well, but on reading your tattoo, I felt roughly equivalent to how I felt when I came up behind a pick up truck in Texas, with a Purple ❤️ on a bumper sticker, and the words WOUNDED VET.
Both my sons served in N. Ireland in the eighties, all they wanted to do was forget that they were ever there, or in the army in the first place.

Soldato
Having never been tattoo'd before, I'm toying with the idea of getting my lads name and DOB the length of my inner forearm.

What's the general opinion on this kind of tattoo?

My opinion is that:
1. You know your lad's name
2. you know your lad's DOB

I find something that symbolises is better that's basically a note.
Obviously (from the date) He's very young, but I'd say wait till he's developed a personality and get something which instantly reminds you of him

I have a family tree across my ribs/chest, so I have everyone in there as 'nodes' without description, but ordered by DOB so I can point them out if needed :D

Soldato
Mmmm, I see your points. I have zero creativity in me though but will try come up with something.

Took me ages to decide on something, although I knew roughly what I wanted, and went with the elements Oxygen and Carbon from the periodic table (my childrens names begin with O and C) with the atomic number and mass replaced with their birthdates.

Soldato
So having decided against having my lads name and DOB down my forearm and instead having something to symbolise him, I'm considering the below....

His name means Guardian of Wealth so the wings are the guardian part, I just need to add to it for the wealth. He will also be getting christened so the cross is apt.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Soldato
I would take that to a tattoo studio explain what the tattoo is for and what it represents and get them to put their own spin on it.

That is a very generic image but is a base for a (good) tattoo artist to work with and create something specifically for you.

Soldato
I would take that to a tattoo studio explain what the tattoo is for and what it represents and get them to put their own spin on it.

That is a very generic image but is a base for a (good) tattoo artist to work with and create something specifically for you.

Yes, that's my intention, I should have said. I like the base design but would want something unique for me.

Soldato
Yes, that's my intention, I should have said. I like the base design but would want something unique for me.

To be honest with you, its entirely up to you because its going to be on your body forever and its going to represent your child so it really doesn't get more personal than that! If you like it enough to get it tattooed then even if everyone here said it was rubbish it probably shouldn't change your mind! Maybe a tattooist will be able to add some things that will improve it that you hadn't thought of.

I also think it depends how many other tattoos you have (it shouldn't but it often does) I have loads so any additional ones don't get so much attention but if this is your only one you really want to make sure its absolutely what you want it to be.

Soldato
I considered something along those lines a few years back, I was thinking of having this modified at a studio (no text of course) -

JUXiLFj.jpg

Cheers, I like the design on the wings but would want it in the style of the image I've posted. I've sent it them both to the tattooist to see if they can design something around the two. Also gave them something to use to around the wealth meaning.

Hopefully they come back with something I like and I can get booked in.

Associate
Thought it worth an ask here - has anyone experience of tattoo removal? Are there guidelines/reviews of suitable places anywhere? I keep coming across things like this "3D-Nanosure houses a dual wavelength ND:Yag Laser" and having no idea what it actually means (despite the pretty diagrams they also show). Also Picosure?

Any guidance on what I should be looking for when it comes to language/terminology used? Has anyone experience of successfully fully having a tattoo removed, or is there always going to be a faint shadow?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom