• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Core 9000 series

Soldato
I did, many times even with you. Remember? we come the conclusion your CH6 was broken, rubbish or just fanboy.

Board is fine, IMC on the 1700 is just poop.

* I own more AMD products than most on here* Before anyone calls me a fanboy again.
I'll buy whatever is fastest for my requirements (gaming at the moment) Whether that be intel, AMD or even VIA!!
I do not however have blinkers on, benchmarks don't lie.

Now can we get this thread back on topic before we all get ******* banned?

Soldato
Board is fine, IMC on the 1700 is just poop.

Now can we get this thread back on topic before we all get ******* banned?

Well we have to your word for that... It's good you remember though and you undermine your thinly vailed half arsed insult.

Maybe if you stop aimlessly quoting me and trolling as hard as possible.

Soldato
Is 18 months still considered new? The ryzen threads still have their fair share of people not being able to hit 3200 despite having bdie memory.

I would suggest you look at the last 3 posts in this thread Gavin:

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...00mhz-dual-channel-kit-black.18787253/page-31

It is completely typical of why peeps cant get ram running at it's rated speed and i'm guessing nearly always has been. The other reason of course is because they have put the ram in the wrong slots to start with.
Peeps just don't read mobo instructions in the the first place. They then don't actually have a good and detailed look around the bios before declaring "this is crap.................i'm off back to Intel"

Soldato
I would suggest you look at the last 3 posts in this thread Gavin:

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...00mhz-dual-channel-kit-black.18787253/page-31

It is completely typical of why peeps cant get ram running at it's rated speed and i'm guessing nearly always has been. The other reason of course is because they have put the ram in the wrong slots to start with.
Peeps just don't read mobo instructions in the the first place. They then don't actually have a good and detailed look around the bios before declaring "this is crap.................i'm off back to Intel"

Its a little unfair to tarnish all the people with ram issues on ryzen with the same brush.

Associate
@jigger I want to ask you a serious question now, i don't want to offend when i ask this, i just want to know your honest answer.....
All what you say about the flaws of Intel, the total refusal to see anything outside of 'value for money' as any relevent statistic or benchmark, suggesting Amd's products are far superior to Intels, you're seemingly most enthused by HEDT or mass core counts, you suggest you get an onslaught of defence from Intel fanboys on this thread.....If this really is the case, can i honestly have a genuine answer from you on why you are on this thread?, namely 'Core 9000 series Processors'? (a mainstream intel processor thread renowned for carrying less cores than intels xtreme platform chips).

It's not like it is an odd quick glance at the thread either.

Associate
I did actually come here to talk about a processor i am interested in buying (i9-9900k), i came to speculate about price, to talk and discuss about the latest leaks or latest performance benchmarks, to talk about the latest news and to see everyone elses views who also have an interest in potentially buying a 9000 series intel cpu. Instead i feel i am fighting a battle of AMD fanboyism, having to provide evidence and lengthy details with facts and figures to try to defend and disprove all the negative devaluing and derogatory remarks that are being made by AMD fans. I want to stay on Topic and debate and discuss it in a positive way. I kind of expected to see enthusiasm and people looking forward to getting their hands on them...All this negativity is uncalled for, i have nothing against amd i have said numerous times they have good value alternatives that do well in multicore tasks, however, if i really wanted to debate about amd then i'd obviously go to an amd dedicated thread.

Can we get back on topic?

Permabanned
I did actually come here to talk about a processor i am interested in buying (i9-9900k), i came to speculate about price, to talk and discuss about the latest leaks or latest performance benchmarks, to talk about the latest news and to see everyone elses views who also have an interest in potentially buying a 9000 series intel cpu. Instead i feel i am fighting a battle of AMD fanboyism, having to provide evidence and lengthy details with facts and figures to try to defend and disprove all the negative devaluing and derogatory remarks that are being made by AMD fans. I want to stay on Topic and debate and discuss it in a positive way. I kind of expected to see enthusiasm and people looking forward to getting their hands on them...All this negativity is uncalled for, i have nothing against amd i have said numerous times they have good value alternatives that do well in multicore tasks, however, if i really wanted to debate about amd then i'd obviously go to an amd dedicated thread.

Can we get back on topic?
Sorry but you do waffle on a bit.

Any more news or just the usual nonsense going on and on and back and forth?

Soldato
i9 9900K Geekbench 4 benchmark leaked:

xka2fdW.jpg

https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/9742328

Impressive multi core score, faster than Threadripper 1950X.

https://weborus.com/intel-core-i7-9700k-beats-world-record-geekbench-4/

OC to 5.3 or 5.5GHz on air will see 9900K faster than Threadripper 2950X, i9 7900X and i9 7920X in Geekbench 4 multi core score.
I've always wondered what is Geekbench actually a benchmark for? Does it have a real-world application? It scales terribly with cores so the multithreaded scores are pretty pointless. That is a beastly single threaded score though, must be heavily overclocked.

Soldato
Read a rumour that these CPUs have hardware fixes for the vulnerabilities, but still not proven.
I think that's Cascade Lake, which is basically Coffee Lake-E (HEDT & server), and Whiskey Lake (mobile chips). I don't think the mainstream chips have been even rumoured to have any fixes - they are probably just Coffee/Kaby/Sky Lake on a slightly improved manufacturing process (again).

Associate
Sorry but you do waffle on a bit.

Any more news or just the usual nonsense going on and on and back and forth?

I am able to 'waffle on' as i am an enthusiast and i'm totally enthusiastic about the topic at hand. I have lots to offer/talk about and plenty of backing to give in support of what i say (hence the usual paragraphs).

Funny you should have a pop at me about waffling though, 2 posts later you respond to a huge benchmarking leak about Intel and the very chip associated with this threads title and then instead of being positive, suggest that however great it is, youre still waiting on your ryzen 2 (not that theres anything wrong in waiting to compare, but to me this is the 1st indictation of where your head is at).
You then hear rumours that potentially every possible little niggly intel flaw maybe cleared up on a hardware level along with the soldering of the IHS, making the 9000 series essentially flawless and utterly perfect chips without a single thing for anyone to whinge or moan about, then you turn around and say Intel are working in the right direction IF they sell it cheap. Seriously? What possible direction could they go if they had indeed already arrived at perfection? and at what point should chart topping perfection come cheaply?

I dont actually expect that they have fixed it on a hardware level as yet, but even if they had, its still not good enough for some, clearly.

Having said all the above, It's pretty clear to me why youve had a pop at me 'waffling' (i'd call it more contributing with adding substance) it can't be nice seeing all the enthusiasm and reading the paragraphs of positivity regarding Intel when you seem a bit biased.

As with anything in life, if you want the very pinnacle of performance and the very latest and greatest, it unfortunately tends to come at a bit of a premium.

Permabanned
Sorry dude you just come across like an extended version of gavin. No offense Gav.

You seem to type a lot without really saying much. Just my opinion but yeah the 9000 series will defiantly be good performers.

Associate
Sorry dude you just come across like an extended version of gavin. No offense Gav.

You seem to type a lot without really saying much. Just my opinion but yeah the 9000 series will defiantly be good performers.

Lol, from what ive seen on here, i probably almost agree with that. Gav says much less, hes a lot better at getting points accross in a few words, i tend to want to really give my all to defend my viewpoint and i try to give every fact from every angle to support what im saying.

Amd is not bad, its pretty decent for what it offers in terms of value, ive even considered and nearly gone for a few amd chips myself lately (the last being the 2700x).

Back
Top Bottom