**** The Official OnePlus 6 Thread ****

Soldato
I have had a good play around with the 6T in O2 today. I have to admit to being blown away by the display.

Even with my S7 AMOLED on maximum brightness it looked and felt like a phone from some bygone age. The entire phone is a thing of real beauty and the build quality is solid.

Very impressed.

Soldato
Finally decided to replace my ageing nexus 6 with the 6T. I will miss the headphone port but I don't have a problem with using an adapter.
I don't know what your thoughts are on Bluetooth earphones but don't rule them out. I know some people have a set of ear/headphones they love and would like to keep and I get that. I asked the OH for a set of AirPods for Christmas last year on account of my Pixel 2XL not having a headphone jack and I really enjoy using them. I'd be the first to admit they're not exactly hi fidelity but they serve a function really well. I'd say even if my phone had a headphone jack I'd still have got the them.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Tomorrow is the day can finally order, can't wait.

Thinking whether it's worth getting 2 years of accidental damage insurance with John Lewis for £105... which is cheaper than normal mobile phone insurance. My current S7E I dropped and the Gorilla Glass smashed (screen fine) about a year and a half go so tempted.

Soldato
Tomorrow is the day can finally order, can't wait.

Thinking whether it's worth getting 2 years of accidental damage insurance with John Lewis for £105... which is cheaper than normal mobile phone insurance. My current S7E I dropped and the Gorilla Glass smashed (screen fine) about a year and a half go so tempted.

Sounds like a good bargain the 2 years insurance. I would be tempted myself if I get the 6t.

Soldato
Don't you have your phones covered on your house insurance? Mine always has been, same with other expensive items outside of the house. Like cameras etc.

Soldato
Finally got the urge to upgrade my 3T to the 6T. Pre-ordered on Amazon for the 8gb/256gb version which was a no brainer for £50 more over the 128gb. Should last me quite a while as well :) Looking forward to getting it on Wednesday
You got a Wednesday delivery estimate then? I ordered mine on Friday and my estimate is Thursday :(

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Don't you have your phones covered on your house insurance? Mine always has been, same with other expensive items outside of the house. Like cameras etc.
House insurance? Can't say I do or see any point in getting any, no way someone can break in.

Soldato
I don't think it's in stores on launch. Probably have to order it.
It also doesn't appear to be available on sim free from CPW. is there a reason why?
And O2 will sell sim free but you have to buy a sim with it of some description be it one off or rolling for at least £10. So it seems Amazon is the only place you can order now sim free and then JL tomorrow - and their own website of course.

Caporegime
Ok guys thanks, I might try to call beforehand then. Not in a massive rush for it, just think it's going to be very popular as the P3 is much more expensive for a lesser phone imo. This is what it should have been!

Associate
I don't know what your thoughts are on Bluetooth earphones but don't rule them out. I know some people have a set of ear/headphones they love and would like to keep and I get that. I asked the OH for a set of AirPods for Christmas last year on account of my Pixel 2XL not having a headphone jack and I really enjoy using them. I'd be the first to admit they're not exactly hi fidelity but they serve a function really well. I'd say even if my phone had a headphone jack I'd still have got the them.

Im personally not a fan of Bluetooth when it comes to anything audio related.
I have never tried a set of Bluetooth earphones though but i can't imagine that they would be as good as a wired set for sound quality.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Finally midnight hit and was able to order on John Lewis website.

8GB/256GB and the 2 years accident insurance which is a bargain at £105 considering it has £0 excess. With £50 voucher total paid is £634. Picking it up from local Waitrose on Wednesday. :)

Soldato
House insurance? Can't say I do or see any point in getting any, no way someone can break in.
Sounds like a challenge :confused: I'd imagine you're in the minority there, you can do everything in your power to make it hard but if a thief fancies your place they'll find a way. Even if it is just smashing a window and grabbing everything they can in 5mins flat...

Soldato
I have a question for anyone that's got their mitts on a 6T.
One of my most used features on the 5T is to long press the fingerprint scanner on the back and you go straight to 'scan' to pay for things via QR codes and such even when the screen is off and locked.
(Settings>Security>Quick Pay)

Does this feature still exist on the 6T?
Even if it does, I'm also curious if it works when the screen is fully off or you need to wake the screen up first?

Back
Top Bottom