**** The Official OnePlus 6 Thread ****

Soldato
What is the camera from the OP6 like? The last OP phone I had was a OP2 which I soon got rid of due to its size and the washed out LCD. All the OP's from then on I have liked the look of but never bought. The OP6T looks really nice. I'm tempted.

Do you think there will be a shortage of these when the hit the shops?

Soldato
What is the camera from the OP6 like? The last OP phone I had was a OP2 which I soon got rid of due to its size and the washed out LCD. All the OP's from then on I have liked the look of but never bought. The OP6T looks really nice. I'm tempted.

Do you think there will be a shortage of these when the hit the shops?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF5vWKfcaow

According to that tech Youtuber the camera is very good considering the price difference between the 6t and the other phones in his comparison. If you want the absolute best camera in a phone then you're better off going for the XS or Pixel 3, or possibly the Mate 20 Pro, but it's certainly very good, particularly for the money.

Caporegime
Is the face unlock feature on the 6T (and I assume the 6) the same as the naff effort that was around a couple of years ago where the phone could be unlocked by a picture of the owner? I think I remember trying it on my OG Pixel and I could unlock it with a picture from facebook on my pc monitor.
I know it's not on the same level as the Apple FaceID or the Samsung intelligence scanning.

It's just got a single front facing camera so yeah, not that secure.

Caporegime
I cancelled my order of the Mate 20 pro, just too many issues and I know Huawei are awful with updates.

Seriously considering a 256/8GB version.

**pre ordered midnight black 256/8GB on amazon.

Last edited:
Associate
Likewise just cancelled my Mate 20 Pro order, thinking about picking 6T up from John Lewis next week but wonder if elsewhere might be sensible given I'm stuck on an ancient Nexus 4 after trashing my S8 the other week in case they have no stock ...

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Got my £50 John Lewis voucher today, shame can't pre order on their website gotta wait till 6th.

What case are people gonna get? Can't see any 6T cases on the Spigen website or any Spigen cases on Amazon..

Associate
What do people think between mirror black and the matte? In days gone by I think I would have opted for the more reflective surface but now when I look at these two I'm heavily swayed towards the matte (although I really wish I could get a more exotic colour variant but unfortunately I can't wait to upgrade)

Soldato
What do people think between mirror black and the matte? In days gone by I think I would have opted for the more reflective surface but now when I look at these two I'm heavily swayed towards the matte (although I really wish I could get a more exotic colour variant but unfortunately I can't wait to upgrade)
I've ordered the Mirror Black. I was on the fence between the two and would probably have needed to see them side by side to make a proper decision but the fact the Mirror one is £30 cheaper made the decision for me. As I say I'd be happy with either. It'll likely be in a case for 90% of its life anyway so colour/finish makes little difference to me.

Caporegime
I've ordered the Mirror Black. I was on the fence between the two and would probably have needed to see them side by side to make a proper decision but the fact the Mirror one is £30 cheaper made the decision for me. As I say I'd be happy with either. It'll likely be in a case for 90% of its life anyway so colour/finish makes little difference to me.

Well, it's cheaper because it's 6GB not 8GB RAM.

Soldato
Sorry you're right. I guess what I meant was since the Midnight black doesn't come in a 6gb variant the cheapest option is the £529. I think 6gb should suffice me. I'm currently on a Pixel with 4gb so 6gb should be nice and roomy.

Soldato
OP

I've got the midnight black OP6. I looked nice but I've stuck a skin on it as the thing is just too slippery. Plus I know glass back phones are prone to scratches.

Soldato
I'd like to test both but I like the idea of the glossy one being a bit more grippy.
Where is the best place to get the skins from? I've only ever attempted skinning once and I'd say it was a 70% success. But I had to order from US and couldn't be bothered waiting another 2 weeks for a £12 skin.

Back
Top Bottom