• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Battlefield V performance

Soldato
Yeah, running on an EVO 850 500GB. RAM and CPU have passed a couple of hours of Realbench without error.

I think it must be something related to RAM or SSD tho, because freezes just happen at the start and the game runs butter smoth until the end of the round.

You could try turning off SuperFetch as games like BF 5 means it can work against them. If no difference turn it back on again.

Soldato
I get freezes as well. Running buttery smooth then grinds to a complete halt for a second or two then continues.

Can run lovely for an hour plus but then get above issue.

I think it's the Frost Bite Engine. (DX12).

Associate
I get freezes as well. Running buttery smooth then grinds to a complete halt for a second or two then continues.

Can run lovely for an hour plus but then get above issue.

I think it's the Frost Bite Engine. (DX12).

Yeah, exactly that. Already thought there was something with my pc, but glad to hear it's just a crappy engine.

Soldato
Yeah, exactly that. Already thought there was something with my pc, but glad to hear it's just a crappy engine.

I did some dirty sniping last night and since replying before I noticed occasionally it happens on the odd map. Kinda seems like a bit of a game issue, but as you say it’s not a huge deal as it goes away pretty swiftly and I’ll be honest I’m usually dead anyway ;)

Associate
If I buy a Ryzen 7 2700x and a RX 580 8GB will I be able to play BFV at the highest settings, or will I need a better card?

Associate
Depends on your res.

It's going to be 1080p, that why I ask as the FPS will be capped at 60 FPS on my Sony wall mounted TV. I don't see the point on spending too much on a card if I'm only going to get 60FPS max, but there again if I'm spending £1100 on a new base unit then I would like to play it at the highest possible settings. I may get a Samsung 4K TV in the future, and I could always upgrade the GFX, but I would really like to play BFV at full settings on 1080p if I'm shelling out for a new base unit.

Caporegime
It's going to be 1080p, that why I ask as the FPS will be capped at 60 FPS on my Sony wall mounted TV. I don't see the point on spending too much on a card if I'm only going to get 60FPS max, but there again if I'm spending £1100 on a new base unit then I would like to play it at the highest possible settings.

https://www.techspot.com/review/1763-radeon-rx-590-crossfire/

580 is in this review gets good performance at 1080, though that is with a slightly faster cpu.

Associate
Associate
Hardware unboxed tested Ryzen against i5 and i7 in BF5 the video is on youtube.

At 1080p the i5 won.
This video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAsyo8gIyys ?
45374494555_41d362f602_b.jpg

Soldato
It's going to be 1080p, that why I ask as the FPS will be capped at 60 FPS on my Sony wall mounted TV. I don't see the point on spending too much on a card if I'm only going to get 60FPS max, but there again if I'm spending £1100 on a new base unit then I would like to play it at the highest possible settings. I may get a Samsung 4K TV in the future, and I could always upgrade the GFX, but I would really like to play BFV at full settings on 1080p if I'm shelling out for a new base unit.
You’ll need a better CPU the i5 8600 beats 2700x at 1080p

Only when you go 1440p upwards does the margin with Ryzen and intel drop

Go with the 580, the extra power won't be wasted because it will ensure smoother frametimes which is very important, especially with 60hz display. More pertinently, there's no good savings to be had in exchange for giving up that power. The 580s right now are such insane value, definitely don't skimp on the GPU just for a few pennies. Crucially, don't listen to people who try to sell you on these Intel CPUs. They're giving the same ****** advice that used to be given to people when it was i5 = 4c and it was all like "4c is fine, you don't need any more", or advocating lower vram amounts were also "fine" because when you run out of vram your card can't cope with the games anyway, and other such pearls. The people who followed that advice regretted it. That being said, I don't know if the extra cost of the 2700x makes sense over the 2600, especially at 1080p 60fps considering it's double the cost. I'd lean towards no.

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3407-intel-i5-9600k-cpu-review-vs-2700-2600-8700k

Soldato
Anyone else struggling with crashes on recent updates? I’ve been getting the game just freeze and back to desktop, repair game and works but just started happening too often so I’ve had to disable DX12 and it’s now fine.

Doesn’t appear to be RTX related as I turned it off and still the same issue until I turned DX12 off altogether... I will say one thing, the game looks noticeably worse to me now without it :) - I know it doesn’t seem to do a lot but damn you notice it on the snowy maps!!!

Soldato
Anyone else struggling with crashes on recent updates? I’ve been getting the game just freeze and back to desktop, repair game and works but just started happening too often so I’ve had to disable DX12 and it’s now fine.

Doesn’t appear to be RTX related as I turned it off and still the same issue until I turned DX12 off altogether... I will say one thing, the game looks noticeably worse to me now without it :) - I know it doesn’t seem to do a lot but damn you notice it on the snowy maps!!!

Mines been fine since release.

That kind of crash normally comes from issues around overclocking, power or temps. Sometimes it can be drivers / bios. When BF1 kept crashing for me I had to reseat all my ram, must have knocked it or something. Apart from that in BF V the only crashes to desktop I have has is through overclocking my GPU too much.

(Just read your post properly now, could be a driver issue.)

Soldato
Mines been fine since release.

That kind of crash normally comes from issues around overclocking, power or temps. Sometimes it can be drivers / bios. When BF1 kept crashing for me I had to reseat all my ram, must have knocked it or something. Apart from that in BF V the only crashes to desktop I have has is through overclocking my GPU too much.

Hmm, well I’ve already nudged voltage down to cope with the map load torture test ;).

I have no real overclock on my GPU, it’s been fine for ages just the other day crashed once and then since that got worse until I turned off DX12. The GPU is just running as it naturally does right now, it should just step down if there is a temp problem but there isn’t. Memory is fine I would think as again it’s fine on DX11... the RAM is running 4,133mhz as it has done for a long time.

Maybe I’ll try it again after the next update, just feels like it’s bugged out is all, annoying as it was perfect.

Back
Top Bottom