• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
...mewling...

Just because you're entitled to an opinion doesn't mean your opinion has any merit and is called out as a result.

But hey you can keep attacking the person instead of the argument if it makes you feel better.

You can't exactly attack something that doesn't exist; attacking your argument is like punching air. And I'm sorry if you feel that people calling out your opinion feels like a personal attack, but that's how discussion and debate works. Perhaps this is not for you?

Soldato
3700x for me unless there is some limited black edition of the top end chip that hits 5ghz lol

According to Adored there will be. The 3850X, 16 cores 32 threads with a base clock of 4.3Ghz and boost clock of 5.1Ghz.

As most of us will know, the 570 mobo's are due for release at COMPUTEX in may. It has been suggested that to run the 3800X and the 3850X a 570 mobo will be needed. Adored said that the 3800X and 3850X will likely be released after the other Ryzen 3000 SKU's. That would actually tie in with the 570 releases at COMPUTEX.
If that turns out to be correct, it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see AMD announce a much earlier release date for the other Ryzen 3000 SKU's next week at CES. Why would they bring the release date forward to CES ? Because the rest of the 3000 SKU's simply don't need a 570 mobo and it gives AMD a chance to completely wrong foot Intel.

Soldato
If that turns out to be correct, it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see AMD announce a much earlier release date for the other Ryzen 3000 SKU's next week at CES. Why would they bring the release date forward to CES ? Because the rest of the 3000 SKU's simply don't need a 570 mobo and it gives AMD a chance to completely wrong foot Intel.

An early release would be nice, but bear in mind there is still the spectre of PCI-E 4 floating about, which is going to require a new motherboard anyway. The existing top-end X470 boards should have sufficient VRMs to handle the Ryzen 9s already (power draw of 16 7nm cores isn't going to be much different than 8 12nm cores), but if PCI-E 4 is going to be on Navi cards then I should imagine AMD would want to launch CPUs and boards more or less at the same time to sync compatibility and maximum performance.

It's worth making the same linguistic point as AdoredTV did recently about "announcing" and "launching". That leaked Gigabyte slide states "Matisse" (i.e. Ryzen 3000) is an all PCI-E 4 solution, and X570 will launch at Computex. But if AMD talk about PCI-E 4 in Ryzen 3000 at CES then it stands to reason that we'll see X570 boards announced at CES too, if anything for motherboard vendors to show that they have products coming in lockstep with the CPUs. And by extension, if AMD are saying PCi-E 4 for the CPUs and motherboard vendors are saying PCI-E 4 boards for those CPUs, then surely AMD will give a tiny wee taster as to why: Navi teaser, or perhaps Vega II really is a gaming card (Vega 20 is PCI-E 4 after all).

I'm not sure AMD will hold off Ryzen 3000 until June, but I'm also not sure that motherboard vendors will hold off until June either, especially given the leaked 3850X is supposedly a 50th anniversary product, and that has to be launched in May as a result. And i doubt Gigabyte will come out a month after Asus (you know Asus will release their kit the second the Ryzen 9's are available) because they'd lose buckets of sales to people strapping a Ryzen 9 into a CH8.

Edit: Computex starts May 28th, so maybe AMD could hold off for 28 days to unveil the 3850X (still the anniversary month) and Gigabyte et al launch X570 at the start of Computex.

Back
Top Bottom