• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
Before the dunderheads take over: consider a 9900K @ 5.14GHz scores around 2250 in CB15. Now, consider an early Zen 2 8C ES is at 2050. ES tend to clock ~1GHz lower than final chips on desktop CPUs.
AMD has already won.

Associate
Nonsense....You have made that up...

I am sure i heard her say that was a core to core comparison, 8 v 8 - the 9900k is 8 core +HT and the ryzen chip was 8+ht.

As she showed a single chiplet cpu with its IO die and space for a second chiplet its not a hard assumption to make that the chip demo'd and the one she showed in the.. silicon.. were one and the same thing.
So if there is room for a second 8 core chiplet on that substrate then .. well there is your 12 and 16 core AM4 zen 3000 CPUs

Caporegime
Either way it is on well on par with a 9900k whatever chip that was will come clear in the future.

I wanted it to destroy the 9900k

Fact is

We have Rad 7 for £700 thats as fast as my 1080ti

and a Zen chip thats on par with a 9900k

Now either you AMD lot are all on crack but thats the facts...

No mention of what tier zen it was, no mention of clock speed

Permabanned
It scored 2056 in the demo shown.
At least that’s what I saw and still has 6 months of tweaking/refinement also it’ll likely be released at the same price that the 1600/2600 released at, so that means intel will either never sell another 9900k or will need to reduce the price by 50%.
Im happy with what I saw and will be removing my current cpu as soon as they go on sale.

Cheer up with this level of heat on Intel you might get your next Intel cpu cheaper or just swallow your pride and come over to the dark side :p

Caporegime
lets just take cinebench scores to the gaming world where does that put these gaming chips ? honestly ? it puts them still behind 6 months down the road. cinebench great scores . gaming which 90 percent want them for is behind still !

Caporegime
I am sure i heard her say that was a core to core comparison, 8 v 8 - the 9900k is 8 core +HT and the ryzen chip was 8+ht.

As she showed a single chiplet cpu with its IO die and space for a second chiplet its not a hard assumption to make that the chip demo'd and the one she showed in the.. silicon.. were one and the same thing.
So if there is room for a second 8 core chiplet on that substrate then .. well there is your 12 and 16 core AM4 zen 3000 CPUs

Based on what? You have just made that up...

Caporegime
the good thing about these chips is it will make the faster better gaming chips from intel cheaper ! which is still a win win for us all.

Soldato
So AMD have *nearly*, but not quite, caught up to where Intel was 6 months ago. Whoop de doo. The only thing that will make this interesting is how much they can undercut Intel by price.

By the time these CPUs come to market Intel will have most likely moved further ahead anyway.

Permabanned
where link me to the stream were its mentioned it R5?

lol
Where was it mentioned it wasn’t? They use 8 core chiplets and the die shown had one chiplet. The 2700 already scores not much less than the 9900k in cinebench does it not, plus it was drawing much less power than the 9900k.

Everything points to it being 8 core unless you know different.

Back
Top Bottom