Anyone else not find things funny?

Soldato
American comedians doing british standup comedy. Cringe!

So...I was like, ya know.....stood in walmart showing my awesome tats and this old guy....ya know...he was really old right....I mean so old his teeth were sooo weird (laughs from the crowd), he was sooo old, I've NEVER seen someone soooo old (crowd goes into meltdown)....anyway right, so this old dude was like...looking right at me.....WEIRD RIGHT...he was looking like RIGHT AT ME, and I was like.....dudddeee stop looking at me......and he goes "uuurrggghhhh" (crowd starts clapping and shouting)

so what's funny?

Soldato
The worst is when a mate says something like “hey man you gotta check this hilarious video out”

And I’m like, uh-huh...

Great. I really don’t care :p

Soldato
Just reading the thread.. one show I do find rather amusing, and gets a few laughs out of me is impractical jokers.

I don’t usually find American humour funny. But some of the stuff they do is rather amusing. :p

Soldato
Saying that a particular comedian or genre isn't funny is a bit like saying a particular food doesn't taste good.

I like satire and irreverent comedy, like Frankie Boyle etc.. safe comedy like Michael McIntyre is just bland and lacking effort.

Man of Honour
Saying that a particular comedian or genre isn't funny is a bit like saying a particular food doesn't taste good.

I like satire and irreverent comedy, like Frankie Boyle etc.. safe comedy like Michael McIntyre is just bland and lacking effort.
I saw MM in Bristol on a sort of 'trying out my material gig' and despite having a similar view of him beforehand I actually cried with laughter. He did a sketch on why Christmas food is crap and what it would be like if you went to a restaurant and tried to order that food ("sorry, but could you swap the chicken for a slightly.... drier meat?"). It's all in the delivery and his was absolutely amazing. Ricky Gervais is in my second place. Despite my scepticism, both were really good.

Permabanned
McIntyre is very good, why is it wrong to be a good, reliable entertainer who can tell a funny routine
without ******, bunting, pushing the comedy envelope or crashing a car while routinely drink driving ?

Like Brucie, Victoria Wood, and [dare I say it ] Edmonds, a TV natural.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
8/10 cats does countdown makes me chuckle, i l8ke shows where the cast actually seem to enjoying themselves and it comes in countdown for some reason. The one where Lee Mack got a 9 letter word is great.

Soldato
Just reading the thread.. one show I do find rather amusing, and gets a few laughs out of me is impractical jokers.

I don’t usually find American humour funny. But some of the stuff they do is rather amusing. :p

Yes, i forgot about this....

Also, the 1st three series of Shameless UK. I watched the 1st episode of the American one and it was copied word for word, so i didn't watch it again.

Caporegime
Yeah, I was told the reason I didn't find The Simpsons pant-wettingly hilarious was because I didn't " get it " and missed
all the references, nah, it just wasn't that funny.

The Simpsons season 3-10 is some of the best comedy ever put out on TV, and still stands up today.

It went downhill fairly rapidly after season 10. And from season 15 onwards there was barely a funny joke in it.

So sadly we're at a point now (season 30!) where the Simpsons has been on for longer as a bad comedy than it was as a good comedy. :(

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The Simpsons season 3-10 is some of the best comedy ever put out on TV, and still stands up today.

It went downhill fairly rapidly after season 10. And from season 15 onwards there was barely a funny joke in it.
lol @ steamed hams. This to me exemplifies why the Simpsons was awesome.

There's 5 jokes in about 30 seconds. Very tight.

Last edited:
Soldato
Last good british comedy was when Father Ted finished, it died completely by 2000. Some panel shows were ok for longer Buzzcocks had me laughing like a drain until that stopped. But "Have i got news for you" turned to crap and "Mock the Week" turned into the "bashing anything that isn't lefty-liberal" show the moment Franky Bloye left.

Back
Top Bottom