First time PC build help (£3000 budget)

Associate
OP
can place it at front or top. what ever takes your fancy - not pushing for numbers so sticking up at the top would be fine and visually look the best :)

normally and alphacool eisbaer/bequiet Silent loop person but bit of ARGB does look nice now and again

That's great, thanks so much for your help.

I have one last question, I was told Photoshop works best with 10bit display (something like that), does getting a 4k monitor cover that?

Soldato
That's great, thanks so much for your help.

I have one last question, I was told Photoshop works best with 10bit display (something like that), does getting a 4k monitor cover that?

Only quadro cards from Nvidia work on True 10 bit panels . Careful when looking at 10 bit panels, most are 8+2 . 10 bit panels do cost quite a bit !

Soldato
Okay I see quadro isn't great for gaming. The 43 inch LG is 10bit (8bit + FRC)

you'll be fine for standard gaming cards , cant remember if AMD vega/rx support 10 Bit like their and nvidia workstation cards. I think they do - believe Aorus was tooting that their new monitor is fully 10 bit (1440p though)

Associate
OP
you'll be fine for standard gaming cards , cant remember if AMD vega/rx support 10 Bit like their and nvidia workstation cards. I think they do - believe Aorus was tooting that their new monitor is fully 10 bit (1440p though)

Got a lot to consider in regard to the monitor now lol. Is it possible to run a Quadro card alongside the rtx card?

Soldato
Got a lot to consider in regard to the monitor now lol. Is it possible to run a Quadro card alongside the rtx card?

In theory , you should be able to set in device manager which one will display output etc .

Shame, believe the old titan cards covered this grew area being best of both workstation and gaming but lost its way :(

Most 4k 10bit display are about £800+ from memory . Benq probstuff is INSANE, covering 100% Adobe scale etc

Associate
OP
In theory , you should be able to set in device manager which one will display output etc .

Shame, believe the old titan cards covered this grew area being best of both workstation and gaming but lost its way :(

Most 4k 10bit display are about £800+ from memory . Benq probstuff is INSANE, covering 100% Adobe scale etc

That is a shame but I'm hoping down the line I can add a Quadro for now the rtx 2080ti will be more than sufficient.

Hmm I'll have a look at Benq. I took a look at the predator and it's so much more expensive for a smaller display size.

Soldato
That is a shame but I'm hoping down the line I can add a Quadro for now the rtx 2080ti will be more than sufficient.

Hmm I'll have a look at Benq. I took a look at the predator and it's so much more expensive for a smaller display size.

BenQ pro series are beast of a monitor !

You can get good G-sync/non G-sync monitors that are 8+2 bit panels with high Adobe coverage mind

Associate
Okay I'll take another look, I really would like decent cooling
I’ve ran AIO for the last 5 years and never had a single issue. Don’t be put off by what is referred to as water cooling. They are fantastic, easy to use, install and no maintenance. My H110i from Corsair has been going strong on my 5820k @ 4.5Ghz for a good 3 years now. Not a single hiccup. Bearing that in mind it’s also what helped me make my decision for getting the new H150i from Corsair for my new build.

Last edited:
Soldato
I’ve ran AIO for the last 5 years and never had a single issue. Don’t be put off by what is referred to as water cooling. They are fantastic, easy to use, install and no maintenance. My H110i from Corsair has been going strong on my 5820k @ 5Ghz for a good 3 years now. Not a single hiccup. Bearing that in mind it’s also what helped me make my decision for getting the new H150i from Corsair for my new build.

Cut the tubes open and have a look at the liquid and coppee plate . Will be interesting how the cooper and aluminium have faired after that amount of time

Associate
OP
BenQ pro series are beast of a monitor !

You can get good G-sync/non G-sync monitors that are 8+2 bit panels with high Adobe coverage mind

Is it possible to get a monitor that's great for both gaming and Photoshop/artwork or will I be sacrificing a little on gaming if the monitor doesn't have g sync or freesync?

Associate
OP
I’ve ran AIO for the last 5 years and never had a single issue. Don’t be put off by what is referred to as water cooling. They are fantastic, easy to use, install and no maintenance. My H110i from Corsair has been going strong on my 5820k @ 4.5Ghz for a good 3 years now. Not a single hiccup. Bearing that in mind it’s also what helped me make my decision for getting the new H150i from Corsair for my new build.

Glad you said that I'm having to convince the person that will help me build that they're fine. After 3 years would you say I need to replace the AIO with a newer one?

Associate
OP
You'll have to look closely at specs , brightness and RGB scale /Adobe % scale

Gotcha. There was a link here on Nvidia supporting freesyncs. Is there a way to tell which monitor is supported ? The link didn't specify.

Also I've noticed the Team Group RAM is recommended a lot on here when it comes to build advice, if possible should I send back my Corsair vengence RGB in favour for it?

Associate
OP
my 3 year old one is still going strong. temps rise around 5/6c over that period.

That's good to know, thanks.

This might be a silly question but I would like to buy some PSU cables to compliment the theme of my build. Do I need a specific PSU cable extension to go along with the PSU or are they all compatible?

Getting the z390 aorus master tomorrow as recommended :)

Soldato
That's good to know, thanks.

This might be a silly question but I would like to buy some PSU cables to compliment the theme of my build. Do I need a specific PSU cable extension to go along with the PSU or are they all compatible?

Getting the z390 aorus master tomorrow as recommended :)

Extension cables fit any psu as they just plug into the end of the existing cables. The downside is more overall cable length when you are doing cable management. Also if your case doesn't have a psu shroud then they don't look as nice as you can still see the existing cables coming out of the psu. The Fractal R6 has a psu shroud though if you are going with that case.

The other more expensive option is to buy replacement braided cables which plug straight into the psu. With this you need the correct set as they are not cross compatible usually i.e Corsair cable set won't fit a Seasonic psu etc.

Back
Top Bottom