Xbox One X

Soldato
Finally got round to using an SSD with my X. MX500 500GB m.2 in a USB caddy. Only moved and tried one game, FH4, and boy does it improve loading times. From initial loading to going in and out of the festival and loading races.

Soldato
Last night I turned my XBOX One X off, like it wasn't powered on, plugged in though, tried to watch a movie, I was certain someone was messing with my internet, it was soooo slow! Anyway, this morning I turned on my XBOX One X to get the downloads going and found everything has downloaded, which clarified why the internet was so slow, it was downloading even when turned off? Is it supposed to do that??

Caporegime
Last night I turned my XBOX One X off, like it wasn't powered on, plugged in though, tried to watch a movie, I was certain someone was messing with my internet, it was soooo slow! Anyway, this morning I turned on my XBOX One X to get the downloads going and found everything has downloaded, which clarified why the internet was so slow, it was downloading even when turned off? Is it supposed to do that??

Yes, if you keep it in the "Instant On" mode, it's one of the best features of the consoles - download whilst you are away/asleep. You can turn it off somewhere in settings if you don't like it.

Soldato
I much prefer the way the Xbox 360 could continue to download games when you turned it off and then powered off completely. I don't use the 'Instant On' power mode on my Xbox One X but can't see how they can't give it the same function as the Xbox 360 had without any 'Instant On' mode.

Back
Top Bottom