• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon VII

Associate
EK said that they will see demand, on the other hand Bykski and possibly Watercool more likely will make one soon. Personally I do not see the reason to watercool until summer time, post Navi.
Also the cooler is very beefy, with vapor chamber apparently, so with bit tweaking and downvolting it would be fine.

GI3SCNe.png

Fine, yes but there's no way it will be as quiet as my water-cooled setup and it'll also ruin my aesthetic :p

Soldato
Its amazing but I can't run everything on max as it takes up more ram then my 2080TI has......

this is at 3440x1440

It goes red 11.54 GB / 10.79 GB - Crazy eh ?
I run it at 4k on my vega 64 ultra everything 100%scale with the aa on taa and its 60 ish fps
Dx11,
Dx12 is slower

But ignore the ram thing it says im using 26gb of vram
And also says that I have 0.0gb of vram on my card

Soldato
I sold my Vega for two reasons Nvidia's Freesync support & the VII, I'm thinking about grabbing a 2070 or 2080 to play around with the RTX features as & when they appear (Metro Exodus is one of my most looked forward too releases this year), I'm currently trying to find info on what Nvidia's adaptive sync support is like with my monitor, but if I don't go for one of those I'll end up grabbing a VII as long as the price is sensible, I'm not wasting money as I did last year due to the mining price hikes.
Just a note if your looking forward to the game that much and you're planning on getting a new GPU for it, ME is a PhysX game so you need a 2080ti to run it maxed out, no AMD card (even the VII) will be able to do it due to proprietary shenanigans :(

Permabanned
Just a note if your looking forward to the game that much and you're planning on getting a new GPU for it, ME is a PhysX game so you need a 2080ti to run it maxed out, no AMD card (even the VII) will be able to do it due to proprietary shenanigans :(

I lied (sort of), I didn't sell my Vega for just two reasons but I did sell it and now I'm back using a 480 so I'll get a new gpu when I can & the two I'll choose between will be the RTX 2080 & the Vega VII, I think insisting that you use all settings as high as they go is silly if you can't get a comfortable framerate to go with them, At the moment I'm running Resident Evil 2 at 3440x1440 with a 480 & it looks good and feels great, I'm getting good visuals and it's running smoothly, I don't have a clue what the actual framerates are as I don't want to look incase it spoils the experience. :D I imagine Freesync's helping things along as well but it is what it is and when Metro does release I expect we'll get more of the same, You can get a good looking smooth gaming experience with most modern gpu's as long as you don't demand Ultra everything & let's be honest usually you don't need everything ultra, You can turn a lot of settings down without much of an effect on the visuals.

Last edited:
Associate
On a slightly different note, I hope the v7 cooler is up to the job. The vega 64 reference I had the cooler was terrible no matter how much I undervolted. I knew it was going underwater but the block took ages to turn up.

Back
Top Bottom