BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
I buy 5l stuff for £15 and dilute it 2:1 (Water: wash) Still works to -10C.

Neat is -63c which we don’t need here !

So really it’s £5 for 5litres which isn’t too bad

I dilute it a lot more than that and it still is spot on. I think I do it at around 5:1 and its still a deep blue, and never freezes or struggles to get rid of stuff on the windscreen.

Associate
I buy 5l stuff for £15 and dilute it 2:1 (Water: wash) Still works to -10C.

Neat is -63c which we don’t need here !

So really it’s £5 for 5litres which isn’t too bad
Fair enough, I was using it diluted 50:50, guess the M4 was incredibly greasy this week as I nearly went through 5L of the stuff since Monday.

Soldato
Coming back to the fold, Focus ST is off and an M140i will be taking its place. Shadow edition, blue car, black (heated) seats, and Pro Nav. Should be a nice upgrade, may be putting some aftermarket suspension on it for track days.

I regret to this day selling the F10. I am fed up of running two cars and the Civic FD2 is pretty extreme for the roads so its barely used.

Looking forward to collecting it.
Have fun. Had mine almost a year now and it still puts a smile on my face every time I drive it.

Soldato
Odd question but does anyone know where the DAB aerial is located on a F30/31?

I'm about to fit a dash cam and rear view but have read they can interfere with DAB signal. Want to run the camera cables as far away as possible from the aerial.

Man of Honour
In the sharkfin I think.

Probably easier to just not rig your car up with rear facing CCTV though, I mean what on earth do you need that for :p

Soldato
What do people use in terms of screenwash?
My old F30 got clogged from using the - 20 Halfords stuff, looking online it seems to be a very common issue, bacteria builds up and the like.
I used to buy 20L containers from bmw but seems they're no longer available? Do I have to rely on the 5L slightly overpriced stuff from BMW ?
I bought the 20L tub from my local dealer (they don't normally sell it to plebs though) but that was nearly 4 years ago. I'm down to the last few litres now, so I'll be going in again soon to ask if I can get more. Normally the 20L tub is for workshop use only. I think I paid £56 for it when I got it.

Soldato
Cars fitted with Xenon or LED headlights have auto levelling, cars without are manually adjusted inside the vehicle.

Thank you, and can the autolevelling be overridden from within the control interface?
I've noted recently, an incredible amount of vehicles driving with their lights set incorrectly, I don't mean on full beam, but on dipped lights, still blinding everything in their path.
Of the 10 we clocked on a short journey yesterday evening, 8 were BMWs and 2 were Fords.
Perhaps they were all manually adjusted to the wrong level. Just seemed remarkably the consistency.

Soldato
I keep getting flashed by oncoming vehicles when my LED headlights are on. I’ve had them checked out and they’re correctly aligned. They’re not the lazy-self-dipping either, nor are they being left in full-beam when passing oncoming vehicles.

Anyone else have this issue? People not used to the dipped brightness?

Soldato
I bought the 20L tub from my local dealer (they don't normally sell it to plebs though) but that was nearly 4 years ago. I'm down to the last few litres now, so I'll be going in again soon to ask if I can get more. Normally the 20L tub is for workshop use only. I think I paid £56 for it when I got it.

I use the 5L containers from BMW; never knew there was a larger volume container available though! (Albeit previously)...

Soldato
I keep getting flashed by oncoming vehicles when my LED headlights are on. I’ve had them checked out and they’re correctly aligned. They’re not the lazy-self-dipping either, nor are they being left in full-beam when passing oncoming vehicles.

I was gonna say I have the same thing (once a week maybe). It's definitely set up fine and they are always dipped, like you I've checked (it shouldn't be blinding anyone, unlike raised 4x4s) and it doesn't look high from a driver's point of view, in fact I'd argue it's too low.

Every time I think something is broken on the outside when it happens, because I know the lights are fine.

Thank you, and can the autolevelling be overridden from within the control interface?
I've noted recently, an incredible amount of vehicles driving with their lights set incorrectly, I don't mean on full beam, but on dipped lights, still blinding everything in their path.
Of the 10 we clocked on a short journey yesterday evening, 8 were BMWs and 2 were Fords.
Perhaps they were all manually adjusted to the wrong level. Just seemed remarkably the consistency.

Being able to manually adjust to an illegal level is an MOT failure. So that shouldn't be possible.

Last edited:
Associate

I have adaptive LEDs and do occasionally get a flash when the light pattern is actually blinding people (the adaptive being a bit slow to react), so on certain roads where I know it is a problem I avoid using it.

I know that's not the question you asked, so...I haven't had anyone flash me when they are on dipped.

Soldato
Saw this at the dealer today. Wow but £85k (inc options).

840d

46907278801_e29a008f8b_b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom