Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox and PC Hopefully)

Soldato
Maybe it run's slightly smoother with the graphic downgrade , I haven't played it for months since completing the story but it always felt a little clunky maybe they are trying to sacrifice the graphics for smoother gameplay?
No idea really. I've got the ps4 pro @1080p so I've never really had frame rate issues to begin with. Just found info below on the 'downgrade' so I'm giving it a read now.
at https://www.dualshockers.com/red-dead-redemption-2-rdr2-graphics-downgrade/

Soldato
No idea really. I've got the ps4 pro @1080p so I've never really had frame rate issues to begin with. Just found info below on the 'downgrade' so I'm giving it a read now.
at https://www.dualshockers.com/red-dead-redemption-2-rdr2-graphics-downgrade/

I also play it on the Pro at 1080p and it runs great, shame about the downgrade. AO is subtle but makes a noticeable difference. They should have really made those comparison shots in the same conditions, though.

I never played the vanilla game as I got it around the time 1.3 rolled out. Still the best looking game ever, IMO, but the downgrade was unecessary as I've heard it doesn't improve performance at all.

Soldato
Spent about 40 minutes trying to figure out how to steal an oil wagon without confrontation. Fitst tried scaring the horses with throwing knives which alerted the guards when the horses went through the gate and then I died in a shootout. Second time another wagon shows up around the other side, guard walks off from the entrance and I run off with it. Ah.

Soldato
I am really tempted to do a 2nd play through, havnt touched it since December time having completed it - Has there been much change to it with updates, is it worth a second play through?

All the updates have been focused on the online aspect, nothing's been changed or improved on the story mode side.

Soldato
All the updates have been focused on the online aspect, nothing's been changed or improved on the story mode side.
I actually disconnected my Pro from the Internet because I didn't want any stupidly large patches (that are irrelevant to the single player game) being downloaded. Silly move I know but I've seen what Rockstar did to GTAV and how bloated that currently is when I don't even touch online anymore.

I am really tempted to do a 2nd play through, havnt touched it since December time having completed it - Has there been much change to it with updates, is it worth a second play through?
If you enjoyed the game first time round especially just exploring and soaking up the atmosphere then I'd highly encourage it. You'll see things you missed out before and storyline aspects will be clearer to you too.

Associate
R* have gone down in my estimation since RDR2 tbh in terms of their post game support. No update to the terrible CB rendering on the pro and terrible HDR. Also improvements to things which could have been improved to the experience such as certain gameplay mechanics and sunsets etc lasting much longer.

I may pick it up sometime in the future again if they change those things but I doubt they will.

Soldato
Pretty clear that online is the focus for them, they've made millions from GTA5 online and are clearly hoping they can turn RDR2 online around. Can't blame them financially when it's lower effort and ongoing profit from microtransactions but it's still disappointing that they seem to have abandoned the single player element quite so much.

Soldato
Recently started my own second playthrough. I've done quite a lot of treasure hunting, although I'm starting to think I probably should have left the gold bars till the end.

Done a lot more of the other activities so far though.

Soldato
Heads up - a gigantic update just landed effecting both online (now out of beta) and SP.

In the notes below there is some mention of a new HDR mode switch in Settings being implemented as well as a Cinematic mode that restores the previously lost Ambient Occlusion. I doubt they've implemented true HDR so they've probably half ballsed it and done some SD to HDR thing. I've not tried these graphical tweaks out in SP yet.

Since Online is free for PS4 with this update, I quickly made an online char, got my 30 gold bars and logged off. Could be useful for the PC version should it have character transfer like GTAV did. Doubt I'll ever touch online after seeing the direction Rockstar are firmly going in anyway.

https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/360022898254/RDR2-Title-Update-1-09-Notes-PS4-Xbox-One

Before anyone asks, no none of these clothes and that new gun will make it to SP mode. They're doing everything they can to try and tempt folks over sadly so no new content for SP.

Associate
Could you let me know if HDR is now proper HDR and works correctly e.g. does it now have proper blacks and bright specular highlights? Maybe one day I’ll rebuy it if that’s the case.

Back
Top Bottom