• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
Looking forward to the reviews, hope we get a breakdown of how the RAM frequency affects the performance of the CPU. I was getting some G.Skill 3200 Cl14, but think I will wait and see now.

Soldato
Both are good kits.

I'm firmly in the camp that a PC isn't meant to lit up like a Christmas tree (but everyone to their own, as Jay would say... I digress lol). ;)

I'm not going for a full RGB build, however I do like the idea of being able to use a few items for some ambient lighting to suit a theme. I have no need for RGB fans doing crazy rainbow patterns!

Caporegime
The bit on the motherboard is literally just copper connect linking the CPU to the sockets, the BIOS is just the option to tell the CPU to run the PCI-E controller in gen 4 mode.

Yup, if the traces are of adequate quality there's no controller on the mortherboard, it simply has the traces from the CPU to the PCI-E slots.

Soldato
I would be surprised if it was Gen4.0 to all sockets though. Perhaps just the top 16x socket and maybe one M.2 socket? X570 boards are expensive due to the extra work required for signal integrity.
Top pciex 3.0 slot will be 4.0 so using half the lanes it normally would the rest 3.0 on the other slots, I don't know what this means tbh I can't wrap my head around why this is good, it just SOUNDS good to my ears

Don
Top pciex 3.0 slot will be 4.0 so using half the lanes it normally would the rest 3.0 on the other slots, I don't know what this means tbh I can't wrap my head around why this is good, it just SOUNDS good to my ears
Nah, either you'll get 16 gen 4 lanes if you have a gen 4 GPU in there, if you have a gen 3 GPU it'll default back down to gen 3 and use all 16 lanes again.

Caporegime
Back
Top Bottom