What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
A star is born 8/10
First half better than the second, bit predictable in the end, but a damn good sing show, GAGA wrote some excellent songs for this, I understand why people enjoyed it so much at the time.

Associate
A star is born 8/10
First half better than the second, bit predictable in the end, but a damn good sing show, GAGA wrote some excellent songs for this, I understand why people enjoyed it so much at the time.

For the songs, I would've preferred if the lyrics didn't repeat so much, but I enjoyed the most of tunes.

Agreed, the ending was predictable, but overall I really enjoyed the film. Never seen the original.

Soldato
Brightburn
Kept me interested all the way through, however with the way it ended It seemed like there should be some kind of ending that's missing.

Permabanned
On a plane I watched aquaman and glass.... I enjoyed glass as a conclusion to the 'trilogy', nothing spectacular but I found myself intrigued throughout and appreciated it as an alternative take on superhero movies as district 9 was to alien movies. Aquaman I almost switched off a couple of times but am glad I watched it through in the end as it came across as a modern day flash Gordon with some nice visuals that did not take itself too serious and managed to raise a smile.

I would give both solid 7/10s

Soldato
Aquaman - 5/10 (3 of these marks are for demo material)

This might be a new low for DC movies. On the plus side, it looks and sounds stunning. Arguably worth having just to put subs through their paces. On the downside, it was a complete, disjointed mess on a scale I previously didn't believe possible! I would genuinely rather watch Man of Steel again than watch this (and i'd rather stay at work than watch Man of Steel).

Soldato
Aquaman - 5/10 (3 of these marks are for demo material)

This might be a new low for DC movies. On the plus side, it looks and sounds stunning. Arguably worth having just to put subs through their paces. On the downside, it was a complete, disjointed mess on a scale I previously didn't believe possible! I would genuinely rather watch Man of Steel again than watch this (and i'd rather stay at work than watch Man of Steel).

Literally the first comic book adaption i've turned off, I even sat through Catwoman FFS.

Soldato
Brightburn
Kept me interested all the way through, however with the way it ended It seemed like there should be some kind of ending that's missing.

Yeah, I thought this but how on earth do you come up with an ending?

You can't kill him, I think he's too far gone to be won over, and he can't kill everyone because....well, there'd be nothing left.

Only thing I thought of would be a bit more story around the spacecraft and that weird voice calling out to him.

Soldato
robogeisha - 4/10 - pretty bad as you would expect, but some fun moments
prince of darkness - 6/10 - actually not bad. Some interesting ideas but definitely not carpenters best (or worst).

Caporegime
Nice to see Aquaman get panned, I've been umming and ahhing for ages, but DC films in general are absolute junk. Wonder Woman was good, Suicide Squad was decent-ish and the Dark Knight stuff was good but that's it. Especially X-men, what a load of ****.

Soldato
Bumblebee.

Sort of like E.T. but with a robot and a teen-age girl.

Except E.T was good and this was complete tosh. How this was so well reviewed is beyond me.

Kind of like being punched in the foot after being punched in the head, it's almost a pleasure to not have the head beating even though there is still pain.

The previous transformers movies are the head punches, Bumblebee is the foot.

Associate
Nice to see Aquaman get panned, I've been umming and ahhing for ages, but DC films in general are absolute junk. Wonder Woman was good, Suicide Squad was decent-ish and the Dark Knight stuff was good but that's it. Especially X-men, what a load of ****.

I thought X-Men was a Marvel comic, Fox film production?

Back
Top Bottom