Fake hate crime: Jussie Smollett paid two Nigerian brothers to attack him

Associate
Tim Pool? I can honestly say I have never heard of him and looking at that video, nope don't recognise him either

He's just another grifter making money out of the internet culture wars, popular amongst right-leaning teenagers and young adults who get all their news and opinions from Youtube. He likes to make a point of saying he's left of center whilst seemingly spending his entire time criticising the left and doing very little criticism of the right.

He's on the same level of grift as the likes of Dave Ruben etc... people who say they only care about open debate but then spend months ducking interviews with anyone they know would dissect and show their grift for what it is.

Search twitter for 'Tim Pool Captain Marvel' and prepare to lol

Last edited:
Soldato
He's just another grifter making money out of the internet culture wars, popular amongst right leaning teenagers and young adults who get all their news and opinions from Youtube. He likes to make a point of saying he's liberal whilst seemingly spending his entire time criticising the left and doing very little criticism of the right.

He's on the same level of grift as the likes of Dave Ruben etc... people who say they want open debate but then spend months ducking interviews with anyone they know would dissect and show their grift for what it is.
He is criticising the left because they are dangerous to his beliefs. It's very clearly defined what far right is, and very easy to destroy their arguments.

Soldato
He's just another grifter making money out of the internet culture wars, popular amongst right-leaning teenagers and young adults who get all their news and opinions from Youtube. He likes to make a point of saying he's left of center whilst seemingly spending his entire time criticising the left and doing very little criticism of the right.

He's on the same level of grift as the likes of Dave Ruben etc... people who say they only care about open debate but then spend months ducking interviews with anyone they know would dissect and show their grift for what it is.

Search twitter for 'Tim Pool Captain Marvel' and prepare to lol

He is criticising the FAR LEFT, the fact you don't see the difference between left and far left is exactly why we need people like Tim.

He single handedly destroyed twitter representitives on internet censorship on Joe Rogans podcast.

Also, Captain Marvel was a political statement.. not a well thought out movie.

Caporegime
Any political discussion where the primary delivery platform is Youtube is cancerous.

People bemoan the BBC for not being impartial, But are happy to listen to commentators on Youtube. Bizzare.

Soldato
Any political discussion where the primary delivery platform is Youtube is cancerous.

People bemoan the BBC for not being impartial, But are happy to listen to commentators on Youtube. Bizzare.

Because the BBC is a publicly funded institution that has a clear left-leaning agenda, have you listened to BBCR4 recently? Hard to find a show that isn't talking about how terrible men are and how disadvantaged women are..

Youtube contains alternative media sources that allow people to move away from institutes that have clear bias, being able to interact with logical balanced opinions, statistics and fact based journalism.

Yes there are untrustworthy sources, but the current state of mainstream media in the UK is abhorrent.

This is a list of just some topics covered by the mainstream media in the past few months.

Female footballers paid the same as male
Air conditioning is sexist because men like it cooler
All shops should have obese mannequins to represent all body types
Stay at home mothers should be paid £30,000 a year
Elderly people shouldn't be allowed to vote
Homework should be banned because it is damaging our children
Pencil cases should be banned because it causes bullying
John Cleese is racist for saying london isn't English anymore
Staff should get compassionate leave for dead pets
Abortion up to 9 months should be made legal
50% of all mps should be female
Fat shaming should be made a hate crime
Pedophiles should be offered treatment and not jailed
Shakespeare should be banned in schools because it has innapropriate messages
Physical contact should be banned in workplaces
You should get permission from your children before sharing images with friends
Misgendering a child before they are old enough to choose their gender should be illegal
Short prison sentences for women should be abolished

Soldato
Frankly, this is the opposite of what YouTube commentators provide.

You are listening to the wrong ones then, or believe people are listening to them.

If a youtube commentator that calls themself a journalist and doesn't provide clear fact-checked and tracable sources i wont bother my time with them, and i will be in the same camp as you saying they aren't worth the time..

An example i can give you is Jordan Peterson, regardless of your opinions on the man, his many many years of research doesn't stop him providing sources and papers to back up his arguments, he is kind, polite and fair when arguing with people that disagree with him.

Caporegime
Well, he kind of is now but if you want another...

Then the fallable Ben Shapiro, in recent years he has been immaculate in his discussions.

I notice you ignored my list of things spoken about by the mainstream media however.

Well you haven't provided sources, and there is already bias in presenting complex issues with a short one line summary, however:

Female footballers paid the same as male - Eventually they should be
Air conditioning is sexist because men like it cooler - There is a study proving that Men work better in cooler environments and women work better in hotter environments. There's nothing sexist about air conditioning obviously.
All shops should have obese mannequins to represent all body types - Sure, why not?
Stay at home mothers should be paid £30,000 a year - Ridiculous, but I've no idea what story this is?
Elderly people shouldn't be allowed to vote - That's not democratic
Homework should be banned because it is damaging our children - Ambivalent, I always hated it myself
Pencil cases should be banned because it causes bullying - What?
John Cleese is racist for saying london isn't English anymore - I wouldn't call him a racist, but it's a very simplistic view of things!
Staff should get compassionate leave for dead pets - As a dog owner and employer, I know what it's like to lose a pet and it's pretty horrible...maybe compassionate leave for a day or two yeah
Abortion up to 9 months should be made legal - Give over, who argued for this?
50% of all mps should be female - Eventually they should be
Fat shaming should be made a hate crime - Nah
Pedophiles should be offered treatment and not jailed - Can of worms, but they already do this.
Shakespeare should be banned in schools because it has innapropriate messages - No opinion
Physical contact should be banned in workplaces - I assume this is to avoid inappropriate touching?
You should get permission from your children before sharing images with friends - Once they are a certain age you probably should
Misgendering a child before they are old enough to choose their gender should be illegal - No, simply change it later if it's wrong
Short prison sentences for women should be abolished - Discussed here: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...le-mums-might-not-be-sent-to-prison.18857478/

Soldato
Wait - How is Ben Shapiro "unbiased/impartial"

By definition he is a conservative...

I said "logical balanced opinions, statistics and fact based journalism.", bias is obvious.. and Ben explains his Bias openly.. however when talking about things in general he uses "logical balanced opinions, statistics and fact based journalism."

Associate
Elements of the mainstream media at least have a level of accountability, youtubers have no accountability whatsoever for what they put up, nothing needs to be even remotely close to the truth.

Ben 'Facts over Feelings' Shapiro is massively disingenuous. He's built his rep from debating poorly prepared college students with no media training. Everyone saw what happened as soon as he stepped outside of his safe space of American networks, he fell apart and resorted to using his 'feelings' instead of 'facts'. He moans about the left calling people nazi's/racists all the time but then will happily label other people antisemites as soon as they dare to criticise Israeli lobbying in the US, even if in the same sentence they had also critised Saudi lobbying.

He does not offer anything remotely close to 'logical balanced opinions and fact-based journalism'. He does not operate in good faith.

Soldato
Well you haven't provided sources, and there is already bias in presenting complex issues with a short one line summary, however:

Female footballers paid the same as male - Eventually they should be

Why? Male footballers are paid obscene amounts of money because they generate an even more obscene amount of money for their teams, and for broadcasters and sponsors.

Female footballers, like male models, will be paid the same as their counterparts when they generate the same amount of money as the other sex. Until then, paying them the same "because they do the same job" doesn't fly. These people aren't paid an insane amount of money because of what they do (pose with clothes or kick a ball about), they're paid money for the wealth they generate.

Caporegime
Why? Male footballers are paid obscene amounts of money because they generate an even more obscene amount of money for their teams, and for broadcasters and sponsors.

Female footballers, like male models, will be paid the same as their counterparts when they generate the same amount of money as the other sex. Until then, paying them the same "because they do the same job" doesn't fly. These people aren't paid an insane amount of money because of what they do (pose with clothes or kick a ball about), they're paid money for the wealth they generate.

I said "eventually" and you've taken that as a point to argue against?

Eventually [when they are contributing to the vast sums of money generated]

The Womans World cup has generated more interest than I've ever known, I'd say give it 10-15 more years and they might be on par with male footballers in terms of interest/revenue.

Soldato

The Womans World cup has generated more interest than I've ever known, I'd say give it 10-15 more years and they might be on par with male footballers in terms of interest/revenue.

Whilst arguably the best Womens national team is being beaten by a group of 15 year old boys in a training match, https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/ne...-the-u-s-womens-national-team-in-a-scrimmage/

That will never happen...

And its quite funny watching some of the mainstream media that scrambled to dismiss it as a "practice match and it means literally nothing"

Soldato

Eventually implies inevitability. I questioned the inevitability of it. I don't think women's football will ever generate the same amount of interest (and thus income) that men's football does. Regardless of the social engineering in schools and media.

Associate
Out of interest are there any sports played by both sex's where the women make more money and pull in higher viewing figures ? I can't think of any off the top of my head. Tennis seems to be the closest sport i can think off to this but mens game is still considerably more popular my knowledge.

Caporegime
Eventually implies inevitability. I questioned the inevitability of it. I don't think women's football will ever generate the same amount of interest (and thus income) that men's football does. Regardless of the social engineering in schools and media.

Really? 50 years ago male footballers worked second jobs to pay their wages.

Things change quickly.

Back
Top Bottom