• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
This is "WTF" I am on about

Then i suggest you actually look at the shop website.....................................clearly there are NO binned SKU's. So you are still talking crap. 8 Pack is always looking to bin Sku's...............it's what he does. But if there are no Sku's to bin in the first place, it's an exercise that dosn't even happen.

Soldato
The bundled cooler can't be doing a 3900x any favours? I'd imagine a 3800x on bundled cooler is faster for gaming amongst other things. Kind of defeats the object when it can't hold 4.2 ac.

I'm using the stock cooler on my 3900x until I get a water block, it's doing a pretty good job to be fair. In CB R20 it's hitting just over 4GHz all core and temps are in the 70's.

Permabanned
Yeah he did.... But R1 score is low for clocks...
not mine so far only 3 people at OCN gotten Zen2 ill start playing tomorrow
@N19h7m4r3 you can force 1:1 it needs bit extra Soc and there is new voltage that comes out from Soc for infinity fabric default its 0.950volts this is set at 1.050 to get going with 3800 1:1

We got guy that got AC'sunit outlet hooked up directly to hes pc case if I find photo ill link it. From California or whatever so hes got ac on 24/7 anyway. I hate him for hes temps :D

Permabanned
a3c2d7f9183b151f5166d77a1858b693de3ccb08.png

Permabanned
Your have a very good chip or no one else knows what they are doing.
I think second. Will report what I get on mine tomorrow. So far 2 guys that been overclocking Zen from day one got started from interesting values. That first screenshot passed 1 hour of Aida stress test.

I passed 2000 point on my 2700x in Cb15 so see what new Zen2 brings :) My daily 24/7 was 1970-1980 range.

The stock numbers are minimal, nobody will be binning them at this time since there isn't enough spare for a sample set.
If you buy a CPU here then you'll get the box package, still sealed.

Thanks, the name seems familiar? Is that the guy claiming there were PCI related errors?
He's the guy that did the Ryzen: Strictly Technical review over on Anandtech when Ryzen first came out, and also has been doing the same elsewhere for Zen 2. He's also well known for being among the first to do a deep dive on RAM subtimings for Ryzen CPUs.

Back
Top Bottom