• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

OcUK Staff
Absolutely agree mate. They’ve been awesome keeping us up to date. Takes a lot of the frustration out of the wait.

I do my best it’s not easy when I’m not even in the UK but I said at the start of this launch OcUk would get the most and generally be first and we have delivered.

I’ve also being working with TeamGroup to get more 8 Pack memory options and this morning Team engineers finally finished their testing and will now start producing under our 8 Pack brand the following that are perfectly suited to Ryzen and also fine in Intel and again use screened Samsung B die and we shall be cheaper than G.Skill on equivalent kits:

3600 CL14-15-15-35 1.35v 8GBx2/8GBx4
3200 CL14-14-14-31 1.35v 16GBx2
3600 CL16-16-16-36 1.35v 16GBx2

I suspect we will see our first deliveries end of July and though our current 3200 and 3600 kits work fine these are a little better.

Now the bad news memory prices increased 5% today as did NAND and were hearing it’s just the start but we’re hoping it’s just a blip and things will settle again as we don’t want ram prices exploding again.

Last edited:
Associate
Well after much thought I have phoned and changed my order from a 3700X to a 3800X, probably nothing in it but I have a feeling the all core will hold out better on this chip and I want something to last me at least 2 years. I just feel the 3700X is like the 2700 (non X) from last year.

Associate
@8 Pack question i found no answer to. Have You tried 64gb of ram on Zen2 by any chance ?? only seen 16 and 32mb tests. Chap from other forum is askin g if anyone tried 4x16 on zen 2.

I have 2 packs of CMW32GX4M2C3466C16 (i.e. 4x 16GB 3466Mhz C16 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro) paired with a Gigabyte x570 Master and a 3900x.

I must admit, getting them to work at decent speeds has been the most difficult part of the build by a significant amount. Although they're rated for 3466, I can't get the system to boot at anything above 3000Mhz with all 4 DIMMs filled. I may be able to push this slightly further, or a BIOS update might help a bit, but having read a few other forums it seems that this is a fairly common as they are Dual Rank to reach 16GB capacity per stick.

I've seen this described as the "worst possible case", and although 3000Mhz seems like it might be as fast as it'll go, 64GB does seem to work fine. I'll spend a bit of time trying to tighten up the timings, which might offer some improvements, but the key take away seems to be that you need to decide between capacity and speed when it comes to RAM configurations.

Last edited:
Soldato
That isn't really a surprise. I don't think there would be any real fine tuning to be had with a water block for this design style without really starting to change out their flow modelling to get to the Nth degree of performance.

Perhaps not. I just wanted to make sure they didn't reply with something along the lines of "Yes, our Zen2 blocks are due out next week". I can order an AM4 block now I think.

That reply doesn't seem to suggest they understand that the issue is that their blocks have been designed for CPUs with the cores (hottest part) in the centre, but with Ryzen 3 the hottest part of the CPU is offset from the centre. However if the chips are heavier than people expect then this seems to suggest that AMD have beefed up the IHS to make this less of an issue ??

Yes that is quite possible.

Soldato
spent £1185 for all my new items and not one packet of haribo :(

Haribo have failed us yet again with ridiculous UK stock shortages and unknown lead times. They over-promised with their new Starmix range and come launch day the StarMix Hearts and Stars haven't even been sent to reviewers and only the US seems to have got stock.

Gibbo - Any news from the Haribo distribution centres?

Back
Top Bottom