Best X570 Motherboards

Associate
Thanks for the update @killem, and glad to read all went relatively smoothly.

Actually there was lots of swearing. Managed to cross thread 1 of the motherboard screws and had a nightmare getting it sorted.:D Luckily everything worked 1st time I am just forcing windows to update to may 1903 build before I play around with the new stuff.

Soldato
My Parcel arrived and machine is now built and I have installed windows but updating it as I type.
@Plec The Msi Prestige X570 creation is semi passive and you can set fan curve in bios. it has not come on yet so cannot say if it will ever for my use case.
One thing though is with my fractal design r6 having right angled ATX connector is a pain to cable manage and I had to loosen 1 of the motherboard screw to fit in the USB3 connector as they are right angled as well and it was a pain to connect.

On the MSI X570 Ace you can set the fan curve for the chipset fan too, however, although ive not touched it, its running at 1200rpm, ive just touched the heatpipe and the chipset heatsink, and they are not hot at all, just warm, but even at 1200rpm, I cant hear the fan at all, so just left it as it is.

Soldato
Does the free Cooler Master ML240R RGB make the MSI a more attractive prospect for the price?
Yes, this is awesome value! Trying to decide between the MSI X570 Ace and the Gigabyte Master, VRMs and heatsink seem better on the Gigabyte but the chipset fan position and noise levels seems better on the MSI and this watercooler would really sweeten the deal. I'm surprised MSI are being this generous.

Associate
Do you think there's a chance of no chipset fans on the B550?
With further enhancements to X570, no chipset fans possible on future revisions on boards?

Associate
Pardon the pun, but that is to the Extreme...

Everything but that board has a chipset fan.

Looking for thoughts on future boards having a heatsink instead.

Soldato
Looking for thoughts on future boards having a heatsink instead.
Watch the below and you'll be confused as to why they have one at all:

Below x570 power consumption cut from video (also includes x470 for comparison) - note idle consumption comparison between boards and difference between NVMe Gen 4 and Gen 3:

BZUsfLg.jpg

Soldato
It is weird, that debaur says no fan is needed. Then why have all boards bar one have a fan?
Well, he raises more questions than answers (in a good way) - plus it's only one mans results so no where near enough data to draw any conclusions. But I certainly look forward to more users sabotaging their boards and their results.

Plus, gives hope for the B550s not having a fan - even if they only use limited Gen 4 e.g. only on the PCIE-4 16x/first GPU slot as a selling point (guessing - may not have it all but would seem petty).

Soldato
I think B550 is going to be limited to PCI-e 3.0, no 4.0, to get the costs down, so they probably wont need a fan, the fan isnt noisy anyway, mines always running at 1200rpm and I cant hear a thing.

as for the above video.....what if your running all 3 nvme slots ?

Back
Top Bottom