£85,000 bill for disgraceful misbehaviour on a Jet2 flight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
She's 100% to blame, but unless she boozed up on the plane it's likely she boarded drunk and that brings up it's own issues with airports serving alcohol, why she was even allowed to board in her inebriated state.

you can also buy alcohol in this thing called duty free. take it onto the plane with you and drink it.

plenty do that as it's considerably cheaper. in fact on our last lads holiday we polished off a stack of bottles on the plane. jaeger, grey goose, etc. the smaller bottles which hold 6-8 shots.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
I'm probably having a physics fail moment, but why would a higher pressure inside the cabin than outside make the door harder to open, as that video indicates?
Because the door is like a plug, and opens initially inwards before the hinges allow it to then rotate a bit and fit through the hole. As the pressure gets higher inside the plane relative to the atmosphere, the door plugs harder and harder. Think of the plug in a bathtub, the more water it is on the harder it is to remove. Google says that a plane door can need more than 24000lbs of force to open at altitude. :)

https://youtu.be/tO2wkubIsGc?t=113

better video showing it opening

Soldato
Because the door is like a plug, and opens initially inwards before the hinges allow it to then rotate a bit and fit through the hole. As the pressure gets higher inside the plane relative to the atmosphere, the door plugs harder and harder. Think of the plug in a bathtub, the more water it is on the harder it is to remove. Google says that a plane door can need more than 24000lbs of force to open at altitude. :)

Ahh, it's the open initially inwards I didn't realise, as the pic in the video showed the door fully open outwards. Then yes, that makes sense, thanks :)

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Ahh, it's the open initially inwards I didn't realise, as the pic in the video showed the door fully open outwards. Then yes, that makes sense, thanks :)
Yeah its a bad and misleading video, the mentour one above shows him opening a real plane door and you can see how it works :)

Soldato
trying to open the doors mid flight? is that not attempted murder?

what would have happened if she had gotten the door open? surely she should be banned from flying ever again on any airline for at least 10 years? also some prison time?
If she managed to get the door open then shortly afterwards she would be taking her another flight for the last time.

Soldato
30 years ago cars were a distant dream only wealthy could afford? hardly.

my parents were not wealthy at all and only my dad worked (worked on fridges) and both my parents had a car and their own house. Sure they didn't have much money but cars and washing machines were not rare 30 years ago. They were not unusual in the area either. I think maybe 50 years ago that statment may be more accurate

Soldato
you can also buy alcohol in this thing called duty free. take it onto the plane with you and drink it.

plenty do that as it's considerably cheaper. in fact on our last lads holiday we polished off a stack of bottles on the plane. jaeger, grey goose, etc. the smaller bottles which hold 6-8 shots.

On our Jet2 flights earlier this month, they specifically stated during boarding / safety demo you cannot drink any alcohol you purchased prior to boarding.

Caporegime
On our Jet2 flights earlier this month, they specifically stated during boarding / safety demo you cannot drink any alcohol you purchased prior to boarding.

and? do you think that then means nobody does?

i was coming back from morocco and the guy sitting beside me grassed up the french guy in front of me for drinking Heineken but he initially did it in a sly way then went full robocop on him. he asked the attendant for a Heineken and she replies sorry we don't serve it. he said but that guy there is drinking it. this was a guy who had 2 small kids and his partner with him. it's clear he wasn't on a stag doo and wasn't going to be a problem. the guy beside me then said he wanted to make a complaint after they never told the french guy to stop drinking. he was going on about he didn't see why he had to be paying £6 a can when that guy could just drink his cans from duty free. the french guy turned around and asked him what is problem was and he replied to him stop being cheap.

anyway everyone does it from all walks of life not just those looking to get sloshed. i was impressed by the pettiness of the guy beside me. the french guy was doing nobody any harm and just having a couple of cans and wasn't tipsy in the slightest. he was chilling enjoying the flight with his family. i think the guy beside me was miffed at the fact he was paying a fiver more for a can of beer or wanted to prove he was wealthy or something.

everyone knows it's not allowed. they still do it anyway. in fact a lot of women hide the offending bottle in their handbags.

Soldato
House prices in the U.K. are a joke. Future generations have zero chance of buying unless they get some serious help from their parents..

I don't agree with you there - "House prices in some areas of the UK are a joke" I'd agree with but to say future generation can't buy a house is just wrong. Look at my home town of Stoke on Rightmove - 660 properties for sale under £100k of which 109 are under £60k which with a 95% mortgage over 25 years is £300 a month which should be affordable in Stoke with it's average wage of £22k (£1500 a month post tax).

So while some houses are more expensive in certain areas you can almost always find affordable housing, unless you are someone on an "average wage" who somehow expects to live in a 3-4 bed detached house somewhere expensive with your latest iPhone, PCP Audi/BMW and 65" in 4K TV etc.

Caporegime
Google is your friend -

Not gonna lie, it's pretty sad seeing someone in that state. Granted what she did was stupid and I have zero tolerance for that but this is clearly someone at the end of her tether :(

Hopefully she gets herself sorted out, no person should have to find themselves in that state of desperation.

Soldato
I've many friends who are constantly flying all over the world and they all have one thing in common, posting a photo of them drinking a pint/wine at the airport before getting on a flight. I don't get it, I'm not really one of those people that has to have a regular drink to relax etc. To me, selling alcohol to people who are about to spend 3+ hours in an enclosed space 30,000 feet up in the air seems a little silly.

I
I don't agree with you there - "House prices in some areas of the UK are a joke" I'd agree with but to say future generation can't buy a house is just wrong. Look at my home town of Stoke on Rightmove - 660 properties for sale under £100k of which 109 are under £60k which with a 95% mortgage over 25 years is £300 a month which should be affordable in Stoke with it's average wage of £22k (£1500 a month post tax).

So while some houses are more expensive in certain areas you can almost always find affordable housing, unless you are someone on an "average wage" who somehow expects to live in a 3-4 bed detached house somewhere expensive with your latest iPhone, PCP Audi/BMW and 65" in 4K TV etc.

Yeah but it's Stoke, the **** end of the world. :D You're right, you can get cheap houses anywhere, the reason they are cheap is usually that it is an undesirable area for some reason. I don't even like working and driving through Burslem, you couldn't pay me to live there and raise kids there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom