• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

really getting fed up with the posts stating RTX/DLSS does not work this gen

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Most screenshots and comparisons are zoomed in as if you eyeballs and making direct contact with the computer screen.
Not all though and there are videos too.

brilliant so you post about how terrible DLSS is yet you have not even tried it yourself. The reason i started the thread in the first place was due to posters like you who attack DLSS /RTX yet have not even tried it themselves. Hopefully this thread will be of use to those sitting on the fence about whether to get this generations RTX cards. I am very glad i took the leap as metro exodus in its current form is amazing with RTX and DLSS

Why do I need to try it in person? Plenty of video's and images out there? Plus plenty of people who have the card and say the same thing... So those images and videos and people must be all liars?

Got to love how you did not respond to my question asked earlier in the thread though, but jumped at the chance to reply when you saw an opening. Lol. If you are happy with you DLSS then go ahead and enjoy, but don't get upset when everyone does not agree with you or see what you see. Why are you so bothered about what others think anyway? ;)

This guy says it well enough:

But dont you sit far enough away from your big screen that you cant see the difference DLSS is making ? I'm not saying that approach is wrong but I'm curious as to why you would start a thread to bemoan people who are slating DLSS when you sit too far away to see what it's doing yet you're trying convince everybody else that DLSS is great?

I dont know. The real problem with DLSS is that it's a massive programming workload for not much gain. Every game has to be coded for it, every game needs 'AI' learning which is why I think people keep mentioning Metro and not much else - because Metro is the one thats improved the most. That's great, I guess all we need to do is wait for every other game to catch up too?

HRL

HRL

Soldato
I have played Metro @ 4k on a 2080ti with RT and DLSS. With DLSS off it was slightly clearer to the eye but unplayable. With DLSS on I felt the image still looked good and RT looked good in this game. This was after the DLSS upgrade though so never got to play the blurry mess DLSS was at first. The problem with DLSS is it just doesn't work until way after launch and even in other games remains a mess. RT will come good eventually when we actually have the gpu power to get the job done without relying on DLSS and the like.

That’s a fair point. I’ve only recently started playing Metro so have no idea what it was like at release. Actually a blurry mess by all accounts. :p

Looks bloody great now though. :D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Trouble is, in some games its used in, it is a blury mess, and they do look utter gash, like BF V, so i can see why it gets slated too.
No mate, you can’t have an opinion. The only way to have that is to own an RTX card.

Oh wait... :p:D;)

As I said before, hopefully it gets better with time and we don’t have to wait months after a game is realised for it to work.

Soldato
Trouble is, in some games its used in, it is a blury mess, and they do look utter gash, like BF V, so i can see why it gets slated too.

Yea if they had it working like it does in Metro now at launch i doubt people would give it such a hard time. I was ready to play a Blurry mess and was surprised when the image was almost as clean looking as 4k native. We all want to play at Native though which is always the goal so more power is needed. The metro DLSS as it is now looks fine to me for the performance gained.

Caporegime
The purpose of my post was that hopefully people will not be put off by DLSS. Clearly it works for some of us
DLSS is great in Metro and I have recently had an eye test and passed with flying colours (not literal flying colours though). In that game you have a fair point but BFV is a bit meh IMO but if you are happy, happy days.

Don't let people get to you though, especially here. At the end of it, we game for fun (even though I am doing very little of that nowadays). :)

Caporegime
No mate, you can’t have an opinion. The only way to have that is to own an RTX card.

Oh wait... :p:D;)

As I said before, hopefully it gets better with time and we don’t have to wait months after a game is realised for it to work.

:D

Yup, if they can do it without months of waiting :)

Yea if they had it working like it does in Metro now at launch i doubt people would give it such a hard time. I was ready to play a Blurry mess and was surprised when the image was almost as clean looking as 4k native. We all want to play at Native though which is always the goal so more power is needed. The metro DLSS as it is now looks fine to me for the performance gained.

Agreed, and yeah, it looks fine in Metro to me too. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
The best tech's are the ones that work on a driver level only and as such can benefit existing games.

DLSS/RT require game specific support which put them on a losing path from the get go. DLSS causing shimmering whilst not moving is just bad full stop. RT obviously has potential, but in its current form in 2019, I would say it doesnt excite me.

Caporegime
Just tried SOTTR, maxed out, with the RTX+DLSS on, @ 3440x1440, got an average of 44fps lol, so i dropped the RTX down to medium, and got an average of 64, much more respectable, still looked great too, and wasn't a blury mess either :p

Soldato
The best tech's are the ones that work on a driver level only and as such can benefit existing games.

DLSS/RT require game specific support which put them on a losing path from the get go. DLSS causing shimmering whilst not moving is just bad full stop. RT obviously has potential, but in its current form in 2019, I would say it doesnt excite me.

Dumb comment. You know that tesselation requires specific support, as does ambient occlusion, screen space reflection, GI, bounce lights etc etc

Every graphics features requires effort from the developer to implement, Ray Tracing is no different...

Caporegime
Well i just realised, you can put Exodus RTX up to Ultra, i thought High was the max it could go :p, so ive got Ultra Settings, Ultra RT, DLSS Off, Physics, Tess, Hair all On, at 3440x1440, and its still running great, when i whacked the RT up to Ultra, and turned the DLSS off, i was expecting a crippler :D

Associate
I opted to stick with my 1080Ti for another year so I haven’t been closely following this tech. But the things that put me off were the cost, performance hit, and the input lag. It has potential but it’s just too damned expensive for me to be an early adopter. I’ll wait a gen or so and jump on it when it’s more refined.

Back
Top Bottom