1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

really getting fed up with the posts stating RTX/DLSS does not work this gen

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by sunshinewelly, Aug 16, 2019.

1. TNA

Capodecina

Not all though and there are videos too.

Why do I need to try it in person? Plenty of video's and images out there? Plus plenty of people who have the card and say the same thing... So those images and videos and people must be all liars?

Got to love how you did not respond to my question asked earlier in the thread though, but jumped at the chance to reply when you saw an opening. Lol. If you are happy with you DLSS then go ahead and enjoy, but don't get upset when everyone does not agree with you or see what you see. Why are you so bothered about what others think anyway? ;)

This guy says it well enough:

2. HRL

Wise Guy

That’s a fair point. I’ve only recently started playing Metro so have no idea what it was like at release. Actually a blurry mess by all accounts. :p

Looks bloody great now though. :D

3. sunshinewelly

Hitman

The purpose of my post was that hopefully people will not be put off by DLSS. Clearly it works for some of us

4. doody

Gangster

@sunshinewelly :p You need to calm down son and stop keep getting your knickers in a twist it's just a game:o;)

5. LoadsaMoney

Caporegime

Trouble is, in some games its used in, it is a blury mess, and they do look utter gash, like BF V, so i can see why it gets slated too.

6. TNA

Capodecina

No mate, you can’t have an opinion. The only way to have that is to own an RTX card.

Oh wait... :p:D;)

As I said before, hopefully it gets better with time and we don’t have to wait months after a game is realised for it to work.

7. TheRealDeal

Sgarrista

Yea if they had it working like it does in Metro now at launch i doubt people would give it such a hard time. I was ready to play a Blurry mess and was surprised when the image was almost as clean looking as 4k native. We all want to play at Native though which is always the goal so more power is needed. The metro DLSS as it is now looks fine to me for the performance gained.

8. Gregster

Caporegime

DLSS is great in Metro and I have recently had an eye test and passed with flying colours (not literal flying colours though). In that game you have a fair point but BFV is a bit meh IMO but if you are happy, happy days.

Don't let people get to you though, especially here. At the end of it, we game for fun (even though I am doing very little of that nowadays). :)

9. LoadsaMoney

Caporegime

:D

Yup, if they can do it without months of waiting :)

Agreed, and yeah, it looks fine in Metro to me too. :)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  10. chrcoluk

Mobster

The best tech's are the ones that work on a driver level only and as such can benefit existing games.

DLSS/RT require game specific support which put them on a losing path from the get go. DLSS causing shimmering whilst not moving is just bad full stop. RT obviously has potential, but in its current form in 2019, I would say it doesnt excite me.

11. LoadsaMoney

Caporegime

Just tried SOTTR, maxed out, with the RTX+DLSS on, @ 3440x1440, got an average of 44fps lol, so i dropped the RTX down to medium, and got an average of 64, much more respectable, still looked great too, and wasn't a blury mess either :p

12. Grim5

Wise Guy

Playing the dlc now - dlss looks sweet bro

13. Grim5

Wise Guy

Dumb comment. You know that tesselation requires specific support, as does ambient occlusion, screen space reflection, GI, bounce lights etc etc

Every graphics features requires effort from the developer to implement, Ray Tracing is no different...

14. LoadsaMoney

Caporegime

I didn't know RTX only worked in SOTTR with the DLSS.

Yeah its much better now than when it was on release.

15. Vish Petrol

Hitman

Deep Level Super Smudging...it just works

16. queamin

Mobster

You first forgot to put on your glasses, but after you put them on.:p

17. LoadsaMoney

Caporegime

Well i just realised, you can put Exodus RTX up to Ultra, i thought High was the max it could go :p, so ive got Ultra Settings, Ultra RT, DLSS Off, Physics, Tess, Hair all On, at 3440x1440, and its still running great, when i whacked the RT up to Ultra, and turned the DLSS off, i was expecting a crippler :D

18. Gregster

Caporegime

This looks amazing (and might get me back playing on PC more)

19. LoadsaMoney

Caporegime

Scrap that, i got confused, as its called RTX DLSS, i thought that was the RT + the DLSS, but its not :p

20. Wucked

Wise Guy

I opted to stick with my 1080Ti for another year so I haven’t been closely following this tech. But the things that put me off were the cost, performance hit, and the input lag. It has potential but it’s just too damned expensive for me to be an early adopter. I’ll wait a gen or so and jump on it when it’s more refined.