**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
My wife has taken a liking to my S10e, so maybe in the market for another but thinking of maybe importing a Snapdragon variant.

So a question to those with a SD variant (@mrk is the obvious one) what's the honest difference, and other than warranty what else will I lose over a UK Exynos variant?

Cheers

Soldato
You can do a nice comparison video ;)

Trying to use 3g option only hasn't yielded the best results, mostly because I end up with far too many black spots making phone unusable when I need data.

Man of Honour
My wife has taken a liking to my S10e, so maybe in the market for another but thinking of maybe importing a Snapdragon variant.

So a question to those with a SD variant (@mrk is the obvious one) what's the honest difference, and other than warranty what else will I lose over a UK Exynos variant?

Cheers

The only other thing is if you rely on Samsung Pay over Google Pay then you won't be able to add many UK cards in Samsung Pay as it wants a Hong Kong bank or loyalty card and when you search shops etc to add a card, it only lists HK retailers. Google Pay works perfectly however as it isn't tied to the CSC/ROM like Samsung Pay is.

That's about it, you don't lose anything else. WiFi calling and VoLTE both work on networks like EE where you don't need a carrier firmware to use those features.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi all,

I'm considering switching from an Apple 8 Plus to an s10. Would you recommend it? Is there anything I should watch out for?

My biggest concern is battery life and Samsung aftercare (which I'm guessing pales in comparison to Apple?). When I talk about aftercare, I'm not talking about tech support btw, more faults etc.

Edit - I've also been reading about the difference in processors in this thread. I would be getting it through three, does that mean I'll get the poorer processor? The SOT some are reporting worries me a little.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi all,

I'm considering switching from an Apple 8 Plus to an s10. Would you recommend it? Is there anything I should watch out for?

My biggest concern is battery life and Samsung aftercare (which I'm guessing pales in comparison to Apple?). When I talk about aftercare, I'm not talking about tech support btw, more faults etc.

Edit - I've also been reading about the difference in processors in this thread. I would be getting it through three, does that mean I'll get the poorer processor? The SOT some are reporting worries me a little.

You'd get the Exynos as it's UK spec, faults seem to be luck of the draw really; lots of us have no faults but some have been unfortunate. The mrs has an 8 and the battery life is pretty insane, so you likely wouldn't get as much from the S10 as far as i can tell.. Aftercare is what it is, but likely won't be the likes of Apple! You will have a warranty and could probably go to a Samsung centre for repairs but it'd be handing over the phone for repairs I think!

Soldato
Hi all,

If you want aftercare get a uk model. Snapdragon won’t get touched here by Samsung

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
The only other thing is if you rely on Samsung Pay over Google Pay then you won't be able to add many UK cards in Samsung Pay as it wants a Hong Kong bank or loyalty card and when you search shops etc to add a card, it only lists HK retailers. Google Pay works perfectly however as it isn't tied to the CSC/ROM like Samsung Pay is.

That's about it, you don't lose anything else. WiFi calling and VoLTE both work on networks like EE where you don't need a carrier firmware to use those features.

Awesome cheers I'm a Google pay user, looking at eglobal as I've used them for camera stuff before any other trusted sellers?

Soldato
battery on my s8+ is really bad them days, so bagged myself a s10+ :D
main reason for it rather than normal 10 was the battery...

can't wait for it to be delivered :D

Associate
Could anyone in a nutshell tell me the main differences between the 10,+, and E. Apart from sizes and colours/memory?
I’m due an upgrade and finally fed up of apple and want to switch but dont want to get one then next week want the other one. Been reading reviews the last 2 weeks and still can’t decide.
I’m leaning towards the + because bigger is better isn’t it?:D

Soldato
Personal preference on the size, I prefer smaller these days.

I forgot how much bloat you with Samsung, having to sign up to galaxy store just so I can change the bixby setting is quite irritating.

I started looking at flashing but this messed up the Knox doesn't it? Is Samsung Pay/other stuff the only thing you lose out aside from warranty if I trigger Knox with a reflash?

I am loving this s10e though, its a great size, has everything I need, battery life seems OK but I haven't had a full day on GSM so can't comment on any drain really. Phone sits on charge whilst I tether at work and then on charge when I'm commuting in the car.

Associate
I’ve been in the iPhone 7 for the last 2 years and getting irritated with being locked to iOS for everything. Even having a Samsung tv and an iPhone I can’t stream to it or anything.
Fancy something bigger as well.

Soldato
Could anyone in a nutshell tell me the main differences between the 10,+, and E. Apart from sizes and colours/memory?
I’m due an upgrade and finally fed up of apple and want to switch but dont want to get one then next week want the other one. Been reading reviews the last 2 weeks and still can’t decide.
I’m leaning towards the + because bigger is better isn’t it?:D

10+ has a wide angle front camera and also a zoom lens on the back with the e does not, but apart from that nothing else differs aside from sizes and colour/storage variants.

10+ also has a curved screen on the edges, the e is flat.

Of course you get a bigger battery and display with the 10+, if size is not a problem I'd go for 10+

Soldato
I started looking at flashing but this messed up the Knox doesn't it? Is Samsung Pay/other stuff the only thing you lose out aside from warranty if I trigger Knox with a reflash?

If you flash using Odin software and flash an original Samsung Rom it will not trigger knox.

Associate
10+ has a wide angle front camera and also a zoom lens on the back with the e does not, but apart from that nothing else differs aside from sizes and colour/storage variants.

10+ also has a curved screen on the edges, the e is flat.

Of course you get a bigger battery and display with the 10+, if size is not a problem I'd go for 10+

Thanks a lot, I initially wanted the e because of the yellow but I’m going to get the + for the bigger screen and bigger battery.

Soldato
Just out of curiosity.. why do you care?

I used to flash cyanogenmod and stock ROMs and all that but just set it up properly with something like nova and you never need to pay attention to anything you don't want?

Soldato
Just out of curiosity.. why do you care?

I used to flash cyanogenmod and stock ROMs and all that but just set it up properly with something like nova and you never need to pay attention to anything you don't want?
Same. The newer manufacturer OS's have rendered custom ROMs obsolete for me personally.

I assume all Samsung roms have Samsung bloat?
Yes there is bloat on the Samsungs which is one of the reasons I went over to the Pixel for a couple of years but as matt100 says just take a little time to set it up right and you'd never know. You can uninstall/disable the majority of the bloat. For the rest you can 'hide' the apps so you'll never know they were there. For example I set Google Photos as my default gallery app and have the Samsung Gallery app hidden.

Soldato
Having to sign up to Galaxy store to in order to change the Bixby settings irked me so I was looking at a way to remove it all.

I don't flash normally, I was just querying as I don't like the bloat so I'll have to go through and set it up right.

Back
Top Bottom