**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Soldato
Having to sign up to Galaxy store to in order to change the Bixby settings irked me so I was looking at a way to remove it all.

I don't flash normally, I was just querying as I don't like the bloat so I'll have to go through and set it up right.
I can't argue with the Galaxy Store, it is a true PITA. However as I already had a Samsung account it didn't annoy me that much. In fairness after I set it up and and had the things I needed it just sits in the background now. Galaxy apps will be updated maybe every couple of weeks so it's not as intrusive as the Play Store in that regard.
Also, if you're feeling adventurous download BXActions to remap the Bixby button to a whole host of different instructions and features - absolute game changer that.

Soldato
100% on BX actions..

And @Sp00n.. not trying to be a knob.. I've spent hours of my life tweaking and messing about to the point of breaking things to make them do what I want but now I find android and particularly Samsung so unintrusive and grown up it's really easy to make it great. No more bloopy sounds, just install your apps from the play store, install the backup of your nova launcher, tweak a few defaults and sounds and you're off.

I can barely tell my phone is a Samsung tbh :)

Associate
Installed bxActions as i was recommended it by others and then this thread, I understand that it's intercepting the bixby loading but does it have to be so delayed? It does function but the flash of bixby loading and then the loading of whatever action you have remapped it with is a bit annoying, so I've just uninstalled it

Soldato
Installed bxActions as i was recommended it by others and then this thread, I understand that it's intercepting the bixby loading but does it have to be so delayed? It does function but the flash of bixby loading and then the loading of whatever action you have remapped it with is a bit annoying, so I've just uninstalled it
That's the one caveat unfortunately. However if you buy the premium version and then allow ADB permissions then it operates seamlessly.
Admittedly buying premium isn't to everyone's taste but I had Google Play credits building up so it was a no brainer for me.

Soldato
No. Fortunately all that malarky is no longer required these days (for bxactions anyway). If you pay for the premium you can then go through the step by step guide within the app. I had set aside an afternoon after work one day as I had images of going through all the steps you linked but by using the instructions I was done in a minute, it was so handy. No faffing required :D

Caporegime
No. Fortunately all that malarky is no longer required these days (for bxactions anyway). If you pay for the premium you can then go through the step by step guide within the app. I had set aside an afternoon after work one day as I had images of going through all the steps you linked but by using the instructions I was done in a minute, it was so handy. No faffing required :D
Ahh damn it my corporate phone system doesn't allow USB debugging to be enabled. :(

Associate
That's the one caveat unfortunately. However if you buy the premium version and then allow ADB permissions then it operates seamlessly.
Admittedly buying premium isn't to everyone's taste but I had Google Play credits building up so it was a no brainer for me.

Ah fair enough, I may buy it as i've been doing surveys to earn play credit!

Associate
I recieved my 10+ this morning and set it up. Take a lot of getting used to. One annoying thing is it says I have a voicemail at the top of my screen but when I call it says there is not. After a Google other people were the same, went to apps/phone and cleared data and cache then restarted but it's still there. Did anyone e eose have this problem?

Figured it out got someone to leave me a voicemail then listened and deleted whuch solved it

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Set up Adapt Sound with them, the sound will be infinitely better as the system tweaks the DAC to your ears with the earphones being used.

Associate
Oof £40 is a bit steep! So do none of the stick on type tempered protectors work with the scanner?

They are too expensive but found that with the curved edges (S9 in my case) they are about the best you can get. There are cheaper 'knock offs' that may be as good but I've no experience of them. Can't advise regards the scanner.

Soldato
Oof £40 is a bit steep! So do none of the stick on type tempered protectors work with the scanner?

The issue imo isn't so much the scanner, it's that the stick on ones stick all around the edges not in the middle, you can see the thin ring of glue. That basically means there's a minute gap over the whole screen which in my experience ruins the sensitivity. Every now and then you get missed touches which drive me up the wall pretty quickly.

Soldato
Well I've gone for a AloMit wet application plastic screen. It was easy to install and the end result is pretty good really, obviously not a nice feeling as the glass but at least the scanner works. I'll see how it lasts and maybe wait for a cheaper, sensor compatible glass one.

Back
Top Bottom