**The Mental Health Thread**

Soldato
Definitely agree - my first 2 days on them were mayhem and it took maybe 6 weeks to really settle into the new headspace. It's about balancing both the body and mind when you start changing what's in it.

I also took probably 3-6 months to figure other bits of the routine e.g. what time to take them, when to go to bed, and how to manage things like drinking at weekends.

Soldato
I was a lot worse on them at first too almost gave up tbh. After seeing a psychiatrist who said rather than stop to carry on a while longer I have seen the benefits. It can take a long time for you to adjust to them. The first few weeks/couple of months is defiantly a roller coaster. I’m no way better and still have bad days especially the last couple but the meds to help you push through that bit easier.

Soldato
Yeah its definatly a roller coaster Moog, sometimes nothing has to change in life, we feel what we feel and we cant help it sometimes,ride the low and the highs will come back :)

I feel the same i was playing on the pc from 5 oclock this morning literally just come off playing dayz for 6 hours and i got a family to look after :(

certainly is mate but we must fight on. Been a bit better day today although I have a bit of a tension headache which I’m fighting off with caffeine....

I was playing Zelda at 6am this morning.... :)

Associate
certainly is mate but we must fight on. Been a bit better day today although I have a bit of a tension headache which I’m fighting off with caffeine....

I was playing Zelda at 6am this morning.... :)

That makes me happy to hear, I actually went back on the pc till 8 tonight, had a family BBQ but stayed on the pc feel so bad. Had a drink while on the pc about 3 treble jack jack Daniels.

I have currently gone to the home gym to do exercises and I am looking at the chains thinking of sucide I don't get my head where is going

Associate
Don’t do anything silly mate, if you feel that you are cycling into a bad state, go to bed and stay there, try and sleep. :)

All good thank you got the thoughts but fighting it, got sad music on in the gym crazy I know pumbut butseems pingdrag thene irondown to andpull me back also drinking loads of water, thanks for your consern, I have written down what I have felt and going to hand it to the doctor's before it goes to far much love dude

Associate
All good thank you got the thoughts but fighting it, got sad music in the gym crazy I know but pumping the iron and drinking loads of water, thanks for your consern, I have written down what I have felt and going to hand it to the doctor's before it goes to far much love dude

Good that you’re in the gym and getting a pump on, but the jack Daniels won’t sit well if you’re doing that. Probably make you feel rough.

I nearly cried a few weeks back when I heard an Elton John song. Haha

Yes get yourself to a doc/therapist and start talking. It helps.

Take care and much love brother. :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
I by no means have any mental issues (as far as I know), but I often wonder of something is there deep down.

I'm crazy feeling down currently, happens every so often, lost our dog a few weeks back which hasn't helped, just feel like I'm trapped in the adult cycle - Get paid, try do things, struggle, get laid, repeat.

I'm having breathing issues lately which has stopped .e mentally doing things such as the gym, which just exasperates everything :p

Not really sure why I'm posting here, I hope everyone is doing well and has the support networks they need.

Associate
Welcome Delvis. Sorry to hear about your dog passing away, that must suck. I wish I could have a dog but I work away. You are lucky.

I think everyone is a bit down at the moment, it’s that time of year when the summer has finished and winter closes the days up.

Tell me about it, I have one day in my month and that’s payday, the rest is just a sporadic haze, unless I’m spending or trying to get laid.

Try 10 min walks 3 times per day, short fast walks 5 mins out the house, 5 back. Surprising how it can effect your health in a good way, even if you’re young.

If you ever need somewhere to talk, you are welcome to come in here, good bunch of people here. Take care :)

Associate
Sorry for the last post Wt3 it was a mass error with auto text, you seemed to decode it correctly hahaha anyway, thanks you again yeah getting some really strange thoughts i should not be so currently chilling watching twitch and well sort it out next week .

Loads of people happy for a chat including here on this forum. In all seriousness speak to a doctor and they will sort you out.

Thank you going to go next week

I by no means have any mental issues (as far as I know), but I often wonder of something is there deep down.

I'm crazy feeling down currently, happens every so often, lost our dog a few weeks back which hasn't helped, just feel like I'm trapped in the adult cycle - Get paid, try do things, struggle, get laid, repeat.

I'm having breathing issues lately which has stopped .e mentally doing things such as the gym, which just exasperates everything :p

Not really sure why I'm posting here, I hope everyone is doing well and has the support networks they need.

I know where you are with the cycle of life I was there last year, you will be fine I am thinking you need a little puppy to rebirth the love of your dogs sorry to hear about that news it might help how your feeling.

Take care and chin up all off to bed ❤️

Associate
Well here's my story I've been on citalopram for a year now I feel no better not helped by not seeing my son for over a year and being bullied at work. I cannt switch off the thoughts of revenge on the bullie never go away. Cacking myself tomorrow as gotba HR meeting regarding the bullying and how they can monitor and help me.

Sorry for a bit of a rant and poor grammar b

Soldato
Had a bit of a rough day today had to take a Diazepam which I have not needed for a while. Was up early feeling restless but really tired. It’s so depressing being unwell after a good few weeks of doing ok. I think the uncertainty of this illness is one of the worst parts. Will fight on and try and look forward to feeling good again.

Hope everyone is doing ok.....

Soldato
I am trying to push through a bit of crap today. I know exactly what I'm like and with some side projects that I've been busting a nut on, pretty much grinding to a halt, and having been pushing for an internal position where I'm currently contracting, I found out that the chances of this happening are so slim due to their internal processes.
These knocks consecutively really send me into a spiral. If I'm focussing on something and pushing on it, I'm great but when it all gets knocked back and I feel like I'm not in control of the situation or direction, I struggle. I'm a lot more conscious of this than I used to be, so know what I am like, but it's still hard to manage.

I've been really trying to regain my positivity and not let the cloud consume me. I've still been walking around with that knotted feeling in my stomach, like someone has just socked me one, regardless of what I keep trying to tell myself. I tried to talk to my wife and while she tries to be supportive, she then says I need to start doing more to get a job lined up, as we need me to have something for the family. This is like the worst pressure to chuck on top of me while I'm feeling right in the middle of all this. The anxiety just triples and I feel sick with pressure. I tried to explain this but she doesn't understand. She just says, oh so you don't want me to mention I'm concerned? Think she missed the point.

Anyway, just wanted to write something down. I'm putting my focus into some fitness, and going to change up a few things and try and pull myself out of this and not let it consume me.

Associate
I am trying to push through a bit of crap today. I know exactly what I'm like and with some side projects that I've been busting a nut on, pretty much grinding to a halt, and having been pushing for an internal position where I'm currently contracting, I found out that the chances of this happening are so slim due to their internal processes.
These knocks consecutively really send me into a spiral. If I'm focussing on something and pushing on it, I'm great but when it all gets knocked back and I feel like I'm not in control of the situation or direction, I struggle. I'm a lot more conscious of this than I used to be, so know what I am like, but it's still hard to manage.

I've been really trying to regain my positivity and not let the cloud consume me. I've still been walking around with that knotted feeling in my stomach, like someone has just socked me one, regardless of what I keep trying to tell myself. I tried to talk to my wife and while she tries to be supportive, she then says I need to start doing more to get a job lined up, as we need me to have something for the family. This is like the worst pressure to chuck on top of me while I'm feeling right in the middle of all this. The anxiety just triples and I feel sick with pressure. I tried to explain this but she doesn't understand. She just says, oh so you don't want me to mention I'm concerned? Think she missed the point.

Anyway, just wanted to write something down. I'm putting my focus into some fitness, and going to change up a few things and try and pull myself out of this and not let it consume me.

Its a great tool to write the issues down seems to clear the mind, sounds like you know you have got to pick yourself up and good luck with doing it, if its meant to be its meant to be it will fall right in the end, women can be hard to understand sometimes i feel your pain LOL .

Associate
Had a bit of a rough day today had to take a Diazepam which I have not needed for a while. Was up early feeling restless but really tired. It’s so depressing being unwell after a good few weeks of doing ok. I think the uncertainty of this illness is one of the worst parts. Will fight on and try and look forward to feeling good again.

Hope everyone is doing ok.....

Its Kind of you to ask about everyone else, so i am going to ask the same and see how you are feeling today? Hope your feeling better :)

Back
Top Bottom