TV Licence Super Thread

Soldato
I got grassed up at work because someone thought that too, they had the nerve to ring them up to report me. Muppets. Proved them wrong and when the licence inspector come to the door I let them in, was perfectly fine that I didn't need a licence.

Wow, **** work mates. What did you do as revenge? :D

Soldato
I got grassed up at work because someone thought that too, they had the nerve to ring them up to report me. Muppets. Proved them wrong and when the licence inspector come to the door I let them in, was perfectly fine that I didn't need a licence.

Incredible. Why do some people feel so strongly about it, crazy.

Permabanned
Incredible. Why do some people feel so strongly about it, crazy.

The licence company shouldn't even be able to enforce it. Saying that I have a fishing licence and they come check when you are fishing on different lakes. If you don't have a legal up to date yearly licence you can be fined up to £2500 on the spot + could have all your fishing equipment taken off you as well, bare in mind this can add up too £3000 pound if you into fishing that much!

It's kind of the same concept if you are caught watching live tv when asked then I suppose it's still a valid reason to give you a fine.

Soldato
Wow there really are some <redacted> in the world.

As I said earlier I always thought that was technically the case too with a licence ,(I think it has perhaps changed at some point) however I would never dob someone in.
Hell, I DO have a valid TV licence but would be a liar if I said all the music I have every heard and every TV program I have ever watched came from "official," sources.

Last edited:
Permabanned
All that’s happening is there’s a bit control. It would get out of hand if people found out they stopped visiting and sending letters.

Everyone would just declare they didn’t need one.

Before if you had a TV you needed a licence so why they changed it when streaming servers and games machines properly come about I don’t know. Their own fault really.

a lot of people actually don’t watch anything live and they use online media now more and more.

Soldato
They used to check for a licence when you bought one from a store. But that went out ages ago.

With online shopping it would be near impossible to police now anyway. I doubt ebay sellers etc are going to care.

Soldato
I've managed to go 2 months so far at my new house without even getting a letter. Previous occupants appeared to have Sky (there is a dish on the back wall still) so that would require one to operate.

I'd never let them in though if they asked, may as well just let any Tom, Dick or Harry in!

Caporegime
I honestly don't get how people get so upset? If you don't watch broadcast TV then tell them so and move on with your life. It's not difficult yet some people get in such a tizzy about it all.

Soldato
I honestly don't get how people get so upset? If you don't watch broadcast TV then tell them so and move on with your life. It's not difficult yet some people get in such a tizzy about it all.
It’s like dashcammers, they’d rather create drama from it unnecessarily.

Back
Top Bottom