• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Caporegime
Sorry was a benchmark :)

However many pointed out at him that his numbers are getting contradicted with a previous video.

Ah yes, i see now "the benchmarks", sorry should have realised myself, they are screenshots from his ASRock and MSI benchmark videos. :)

The two different videos are here.

He's getting about 5% less performance 1004 vs 1003 ABBA in games, including AC Origins, other than CS:GO where its about 5% higher.
This with an MSI board.

His previous test, he mentions this in the description, was with an ASRock board and he got 10% higher performance in AC Origins.
Looks like MSI have some more work to do.

AC Origins ASRock board. +10% vs 1003 ABBA.
https://youtu.be/0MWsrMHp5j4?t=175

AC Origins MSI board. -5% vs 1003 ABBA.
https://youtu.be/2qy_IeUZqxU?t=328

The ASRock board might even be a little more than +10 vs 1003 ABBA, looking at it again... so it looks like the MSI board running on 1004 is 15 to 20% slower than the ASRock board on the same AGESA

Soldato
Ah yes, i see now "the benchmarks", sorry should have realised myself, they are screenshots from his ASRock and MSI benchmark videos. :)

The two different videos are here.

Yep. Installed tonight the 2.46 Beta on the X570 Taichi (the one appeared on the Asrock website), using AGESA 1004B.
While CB20 scores are the same with 2.11, ESO & X4 feel both better. ESO is core heavy and X4 spans to 10 cores but 2 cores are heavily pushed.
Still running XMP 3600C16. The only different with 2.11 is that now needs to manually set IF on the motherboard, otherwise gets halved at 3600Mhz RAM.

Also half the CCD0 cores are now capping 1.494v and not 1.5 while gaming and only the good ones do so.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Flashing mine this minute. Looking forward to testing it out. Not holding my breath, but will be interesting to see if any changes regarding my ram issues.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
For sure boot time is a lot faster. Feels like my Haswell system now :D

Actually scratch that, my fast boot was off, with it on this is actually faster than my haswell system! Great job AMD!!

Associate
Guys what are some of the goto lower end x570 board's to have a look at, I don't wanna buy one of these melon boards that already been replaced. Looking at AORUS Elite, steel legend or maybe the TUF gaming. Any others to consider, no MSI thanks.
Cheers

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Hours your rams?
No change.

Guys what are some of the goto lower end x570 board's to have a look at, I don't wanna buy one of these melon boards that already been replaced. Looking at AORUS Elite, steel legend or maybe the TUF gaming. Any others to consider, no MSI thanks.
Cheers
I can recommend my board. Great vrm’s on it.

Associate
Cheers

ASUS PRIME X570-P - the guy I got it for has had a trouble free experience. Take a look at this VRM comparison vid I based that decision on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbyWKufthS4&t=582s

Associate
My ryzen 3800x cinebench r15 multi core is only 2137 cb, everyone have higher score than that. I dont know if i should RMA cpu, motherboard, dind't install bios updates correctly or i got worst silicon ever. Max single core clock is 4.424 mhz, all core 4.176 mhz. Practically i have good binning 3700x, but i paid 60 dollars more for that. Motherboard is crosshair viii hero which hurts me so much because i expected good performance out of the box, but i got ****.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
My ryzen 3800x cinebench r15 multi core is only 2137 cb, everyone have higher score than that. I dont know if i should RMA cpu, motherboard, dind't install bios updates correctly or i got worst silicon ever. Max single core clock is 4.424 mhz, all core 4.176 mhz. Practically i have good binning 3700x, but i paid 60 dollars more for that. Motherboard is crosshair viii hero which hurts me so much because i expected good performance out of the box, but i got ****.
Try using ryzen master mate. My cpu goes from single core 4.2ghz to all core 4.4ghz with ease at a lower voltage.

Associate
+1. Really happy with my Elite.

How's the bios, I heard it has limited options and stability issues, is this sorted now?, am I going to have full access to memory tweaking etc. Started looking at b450 boards but they are all rubbish by the way people go on except some ITX £150 boards and the MSI boards with decent VRM's but I don't want MSI and I want something better than ALC892 audio. I don't need x570 for a 3600 but I think I might just get one as I have no choice with b450 options. The Strix b450F looked the nuts with decent audio and better Lan but heard the vrm sucks which is shame and slow support for bios updates and also I want to guarantee my ram will run at 3600 or 3733.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
How's the bios, I heard it has limited options and stability issues, is this sorted now?, am I going to have full access to memory tweaking etc. Started looking at b450 boards but they are all rubbish by the way people go on except some ITX £150 boards and the MSI boards with decent VRM's but I don't want MSI and I want something better than ALC892 audio. I don't need x570 for a 3600 but I think I might just get one as I have no choice with b450 options. The Strix b450F looked the nuts with decent audio and better Lan but heard the vrm sucks which is shame and slow support for bios updates and also I want to guarantee my ram will run at 3600 or 3733.
Can confirm full access to memory tweaking (unless there is more to tweaking that I don't know of).

Now with latest bios it boots fast also relative to how it was.

My only issue now is my RAM, but I am 99.9% sure that is not the mobo.

Also look at people that have b450 boards, their bench scores are lower than mine even stock for stock, never mine I can easily run mine all core 4.4GHz.

Associate

Temps are a big deal. So is the memory. Stock cooler and cheap ram will kill your performance.

Boot speeds are nice now. Hits power button, 2 seconds later sees bios screen. 3 seconds later logs into windows.

Soldato

There are no guarantees with memory.

It comes down to the IF on the chip you buy and whether the ram you have can run at that speed.

I'd say a safe bet is the 8 Pack team group ram.

Either buy the 3600 kit or the 3800 kit.

My 3200MHz kit is running at 3600MHz. I believe it can go faster but the IF on my CPU will not tolerate more than 1800MHz.

Soldato

Asus are on top of the bios games now, their B450s were the first to get the ABBA update. I run the B450F and it runs the 3600 perfect, VRM only comes in to question when running something like the 3900X and even then that runs fine on low end B350 boards. As for ram OC I have mine at 3733 on the B450-F, you really don't need an expensive 570 board.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Asus are on top of the bios games now, their B450s were the first to get the ABBA update. I run the B450F and it runs the 3600 perfect, VRM only comes in to question when running something like the 3900X and even then that runs fine on low end B350 boards. As for ram OC I have mine at 3733 on the B450-F, you really don't need an expensive 570 board.
Will be interesting to see if humbug does upgrade to X570 and see if he can get more out of his 3600.

Soldato
He won't, it's not as if he's trying to get 5.3Ghz out of a 9000K, ryzen 2 is limited only by the quality of the silicon not the motherboard, when talking about the 8 core and below chips.

Back
Top Bottom